Modern and Real-Life Demons.

Njordr

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This, hopefully, won't end up being a weird schizo post. But something that has been bothering me for the better part of two years.

First off, I believe that demons are real but not in the sense of horns and deals. What I want to describe as demons are things that are so horrible and evil or so terrible a circumstance that the wake of terror and damage they leave behind can only be best described as a demon. But this won't be just me talking about the demons themselves but the people who fought these things and sometimes succeeded.

What first brought me to this train of thought was the Movie Gifted Hands, Based on the true story of Ben Carson's miracul
1713219798172.png
ous life and surgery to separate two twins born conjoined at the head. First off Ben Carson's story in and of itself is amazing facing diversity better than any man I can think of at this age he did it without pride. and harnessed anger in himself to become probably one of the greatest men, and minds of our time. His faith in God was probably tested every day he woke up to cut into children to save their lives. But these two children in particular stand out as it does not have a happy ending as the movie makes you believe. Patrick and Benjamin Binder the poor children in question caused untold pain to everyone around by the fact of them having been born. Even after the Heartbreak the herculean effort it took to figure out how they were going to separate them the risk and heartbreak that went into cutting infants' brains open, And the successful surgery the pain did not end there. In a 1993 interview with the mother, she stated "I will never get over this. . . . Why did I have them separated?" See, the parent's suffering did not end there Peter Paralagi the twin's uncle said that the Father was unable to handle these poor children being emotionally distant he turned to alcohol and spent the entirety of the family's money before finally disappearing from the family's life. Although it is unclear when the father left the picture after he did so the mother admitted the children to an institution for care Patrick Died in the hospital after choking on a piece of food having gone without oxygen "for some time"

Patrick survived his brother. And Sadly I cannot think of a better way to describe his condition than the Washington Post article that ties up his story nicely So I will copy and paste it below here.
He's grown up; his hair is now dark. His younger half-brother, Florian Vosseler, still checks in on him two or three times a year, often with their mother, who declined to be interviewed for this story. They'll take walks, feed him cake, and help him drink coffee, which he prefers with extra milk. "It's difficult to communicate with him," Vosseler said. "But you can tell by the way he looks at you that he's happy to see you."

I can't tell you if these people Defeated the evil that came into their lives. Ben Carson despite the years later aftermath of the surgery went on to become one of the world's greatest and most brilliant pediatric neurosurgeons, The Mother Lost her faith in God but moved to have another child with another man in an attempt to rebuild her faith in herself.

1713224409132.png
The next Demon I would like to talk about is not a baby, it's not an animal but a circumstance brought about by humans created and cultivated by war. Hacksaw Ridge is the name it was given by the allies. Desmond Doss a man who enlisted at the age of twenty six did not fight men on that ridge but demons. earning the Medal of Honor because he went up that hill without a gun against people who would target him for his purpose and saved not just Americans but Japanese soldiers as well. He was a conscientious objector to the war and refused to even touch a gun. One by one he lowered men down to be saved over twelve hours never stopping or leaving. Compared to the previous it's hard to fully describe the Horror of what happened on that ridge and the amazing effort he put in to not only save his comrades but in keeping with his values as a Christian. at the conclusion of the battle for that ridge around 7500 men were dead and Desmond Doss is only credited with saving Seventy-five. A drop in the bucket but what he went through and his efforts showed that no matter what happened he could overcome it even if it cost him his own life.

I can say with some certainty that Desmond Doss Defeated the demon he found that day, even if he had died I would have to say that he he kept with his values and faith in god and because of that would have won no matter if he had walked off that hill or not. and with the amount of death that happened not just on that ridge but that island as a whole many men probably lost their battles with the demon they found. Desmond Doss fought that battle without a weapon facing enemies who would kill him without hesitation and came out on top. He went to the bloodiest battle in the Pacific that claimed almost a quarter million lives. But because of his actions, some men and women got to see the next day.
1665431175620716.jpg

To conclude this as I only intended on adding these two instances to describe what I believe to be instances of modern day Demons I picked the Stories of Desmond Doss and Patrick and Benjamin Binder Because, well to put it bluntly they had movies made after them. If you have not seen Hacksaw Ridge or Gifted Hands I highly recommend them. Please if you have any thoughts or examples of modern day demons please talk about it below. and if you actually took the time to read all of this thank you.

Attachments

• 1713223111486.png
    1713223111486.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 3