45.9 KB · Views: 4
Virtual Cafe Awards

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
My desktop rn is manjaro with a windows xp theme but my wallpaper is bliss filled with a ton of in-jokes between me and friends so cant post cuz opsec. But I do recommend making your own wallpapers, is very fun and rewarding.

Is it over for me?
It's the cringe thing to say but unironically just get linux. Literally any distro just don't use Windows 11 its so bad and extremely ugly

Virtual Cafe Awards

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
I desktop is running Windows 10 but the only thing I use it for is visual novels. I have heard that 11 is pretty bad, but what specifically is wrong with it?
Extremely bloated, completely proprietary, filled with ads you can't remove, UI is horribly ugly

Also has a lot of privacy violating telemetry going on

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4vDfA_4NI

Virtual Cafe Awards

splashy

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
splashy.neocities.org
i fucking hate attempting to rice Windows 10 but i managed to wrangle it into something decent except for MY 7TSP THEME THAT BROKE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 my desktop's setup is basically the same but it's also running DWMBlurGlass so i can feast on that Aero eyecandy.

Attachments

• 1714535189616.png
    1714535189616.png
    855.5 KB · Views: 5
Virtual Cafe Awards

Obake

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Extremely bloated, completely proprietary, filled with ads you can't remove, UI is horribly ugly

Also has a lot of privacy violating telemetry going on

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4vDfA_4NI

That's awful. A part of me kind of hopes that they fuck it up so bad that it fractures the PC market and causes other OS' to become mainstream. It would be exciting to see what that could be like.

As I said previously, I have a desktop running Windows 10 but literally the only thing I use it for is visual novels. My laptop is a MacBook Pro but I haven't touched it in forever. If Windows ever becomes completely unusable than I have absolutely no problems switching to Linux, but it depends on how well I could get visual novels and textractor working in Wine.

If I ever buy another laptop I might get a framework laptop and put Linux on it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cheesebunger

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I have it set to run a slideshow through a few vaporwave album covers. This is what it's showing currently.
It's pretty low effort, but it looks good sometimes.
I have no idea how to make my own separate "hey I'm not replying to you but im just posting my own thing in this thread" so here my own desktop!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 19.03.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 19.03.56.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 2

cheesebunger

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
That's awful. A part of me kind of hopes that they fuck it up so bad that it fractures the PC market and causes other OS' to become mainstream. It would be exciting to see what that could be like.

As I said previously, I have a desktop running Windows 10 but literally the only thing I use it for is visual novels. My laptop is a MacBook Pro but I haven't touched it in forever. If Windows ever becomes completely unusable than I have absolutely no problems switching to Linux, but it depends on how well I could get visual novels and textractor working in Wine.

If I ever buy another laptop I might get a framework laptop and put Linux on it.
Give it like 1-2 years for Asahi Linux to be "working" and install that shit on your MacBook Pro, you can dual boot with macOS for smooth experience with anything general and then you can just switch to Asahi if you wanna actually use your hardware to its max potential.

Im probably gonna do the same when this isn't a brand new one and instead like 4-5 years old, if the SSD even still works then and I don't have to fork over 400 currencies to daddy Tim apple.