Viper arrested for kidnapping, made "You'll cowards dont even smoke crack" Album popular in the Vaporwave community

AnHero

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Wait, why'd the police give the woman Viper kidnapped back? That's pretty goddamn stupid.
lol, i think thy did the same thing with a kid Jeff Dahmer kidnapped.

Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
This was added to the top of their website.
1704544672302.png

(statement just links to the twitter post)

Virtual Cafe Awards

consonant

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Goodbye, Viper
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was actually him who did this, he gives off pretty weird old man vibes.
It was always a treat to see the Viper videos about every political event but I didn't really actively watch the videos so whatever lol.

And sticki (owner of Dismiss Yourself, and also help found outsider) deleted one of Viper's most popular body of work (One Day You'll See Me Again (1997-2009)) from DY's YouTube channel and Bandcamp, the album is still avaible on ktt2 and Viper's own channel, but it's a neutered release, and the main source of traction is gone
This kinda sucks to lose though I always thought having his actual songs up was nice for anyone who wanted to see if he actually made anything but he doesn't deserve the tribute now I guess.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
That poor woman probably had to listen to him perform and release +300 albums during her time in captivity. Is there a definitive number of his releases?

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
This kinda sucks to lose though I always thought having his actual songs up was nice for anyone who wanted to see if he actually made anything but he doesn't deserve the tribute now I guess.
I mean, I support separating the art from the artist. You can enjoy his music and still admit he's a piece of shit.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was actually him who did this, he gives off pretty weird old man vibes.
I'm sorta on the fence about it. He's apparently an ex-con and was a drug dealer/user, so he's not just some studio gangster or some shit.
1704546689220.png

On the one hand, innocent until proven guilty, fair trial etc. etc. On the other hand, ex-con, drug dealer/user and this isn't just some average Twitter cancellation, he has indeed been arrested by law enforcement and the accusations are quite detailed.
That poor woman probably had to listen to him perform and release +300 albums during her time in captivity. Is there a definitive number of his releases?
1704546831665.png

1704546915143.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Even if this is true I doubt he'll be able to bounce back, this is a lot of damage done to brand and image.
Yeah, the guy handling his record label/merch/online communities is now selling off all remaining merchandise without giving Viper a dime, closing the label and cutting off all contact, gonna be pretty hard to bounce back from that alone.

Virtual Cafe Awards

A L I X

Cosmic Girl
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixx.ichi.city
I mean, I support separating the art from the artist. You can enjoy his music and still admit he's a piece of shit.

I'm sorta on the fence about it. He's apparently an ex-con and was a drug dealer/user, so he's not just some studio gangster or some shit.
View attachment 85218
On the one hand, innocent until proven guilty, fair trial etc. etc. On the other hand, ex-con, drug dealer/user and this isn't just some average Twitter cancellation, he has indeed been arrested by law enforcement and the accusations are quite detailed.

View attachment 85219
View attachment 85220
He actually did albums with Nmesh? Wow.

Virtual Cafe Awards

rain

Deep Hollow Hollerer
Reaction score
Awards
Rough Simmons (The brand that Viper was ripping off and using to scam people) posted this 2 images to their Instagram stories yesterday

It's funny cause they offered the highest quality merch of his and the dude was just using them to scam people

Screenshot 2024-01-06 152025.png
index.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-06 151850.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-06 151850.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 184
Virtual Cafe Awards

rain

Deep Hollow Hollerer
Reaction score
Awards
So, I found this FAQ of him written by Kettle, that explains some of Viper's antics throughout the years.
I found this old video that shows some of his older antics, maybe even ones that kettle might have not known about, hard to know

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19WUB4Ju05s

They even had some posts on their twitter about their experience with kettle, Viper's discord server and the man himself, but they deleted it for whatever reason.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards