So where do you guys live...

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 20513 times.

1995.BAT♒︎

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I live in an island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, The Land of Eternal Spring. A little paradise (or as we call: a small piece of heaven) called Madeira Island. It's part of Portugal, it was the first archipelago to be found during the first years of the Age of Discovery. Been here my whole life, and would never trade it for anything in the world.

Below is a picture I took (in January) of the most eastern tip of the island.
b5NAZfn.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards

1995.BAT♒︎

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
@1995.BAT♒︎ Wowee, that looks awesome! Like something out of a dream...what kind of jobs/industry does your island specialize in?
We're very big into the Wine Industry, Madeira Wine is widely known as one of the best wines in the world (along with Port Wine, made in the city of Oporto). We're also big in the Banana Industry. We've been hosting a lot of digital nomads nowadays since our covid situation is very chill compared to the rest of Europe, people come here to work remotely in a safe environment and chill at the end of the day.

Virtual Cafe Awards
We're very big into the Wine Industry, Madeira Wine is widely known as one of the best wines in the world (along with Port Wine, made in the city of Oporto). We're also big in the Banana Industry. We've been hosting a lot of digital nomads nowadays since our covid situation is very chill compared to the rest of Europe, people come here to work remotely in a safe environment and chill at the end of the day.

That sounds amazing! Coding, eating bananas and wine, by the ocean...I could cry for how good that sounds :)

Virtual Cafe Awards
That sounds amazing. Especially considering the option of being a digital nomad is starting to open up to alot of different people.

I'm from Sydney. Was born and raised here in the harbour city.

Virtual Cafe Awards

---Bob---Sacamano---89---

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey guys, I live in Sydney, Australia, there is absolutely no vaporwave scene here, a friend of mine started a small vaporwave festival here a few years ago, lots of people showed up but bars don't know what the scene entails and only care about drink sales. Apparently there's more of a vaporwave scene in Melbourne. Planning on going to the beach all summer, if lock-down permits, the beaches are the only cool thing about sydney.

Virtual Cafe Awards

---Bob---Sacamano---89---

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
That sounds amazing. Especially considering the option of being a digital nomad is starting to open up to alot of different people.

I'm from Sydney. Was born and raised here in the harbour city.
Hey, I'm from Sydney too. I wish we had more of a scene here

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Currently living in Jacksonville, Florida, but was raised on a farm around Salisbury, North Carolina. Hate it here, and trying to find a way back to the country, or at least a town that's more my speed. Didn't have too many plans this summer, really just hung out with family/friends and smoked a lot of weed, hoping time would move faster so I can get through this pandemic.

Virtual Cafe Awards

reynad5150

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I live in Los angeles in california and the heat wave is killing me! Im intrested , where do you guys live at and what are your plans for the summer?
I live in the Bay Area in northern California. Everything is on fire here :PepeHands:

But other than that, it's pretty cozy. Sans the outrageous rent, the homeless tweakers and the totalitarian CDC guidelines. :LaughHard:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Unit K-17

Terminally Online Zoomer
Reaction score
Awards
I live in the greatest part of the greatest country in the world - Good ol' dixie.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I live in Los angeles in california and the heat wave is killing me! Im intrested , where do you guys live at and what are your plans for the summer?
I used to live in Los Angeles but now I live up north from it in Lancaster! :D

Virtual Cafe Awards
Yeah very true, hopefully everyone gets vaxxxed by summer and good vibes return
Yeah, 75%+ full dosage and we should have restrictions lifted. Regardless of whether there are new strains or not.

People are going to have to make individual choices about their safety at that point, whether they want to mask up or not, take trains or not, go into the office or not, etc.

Looking forward to things going back to normal, I'm actually missing the office at this point haha

Virtual Cafe Awards

Obake

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Tokyo. It's nice here but unfortunately I can't enjoy it so much because of the pandemic since we're all stuck at home. I do enjoy being at home and I love my neighborhood/city but it feels kind of weird to consider that it's been over a year since I have gone downtown or done anything. Being home is nice though - daily life in Japan is really good.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Slym Dayspring

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Central Illinois, nothing but cornfields and outlet malls.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Tim-leary

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I live in Brazil, it's hot as shit here too, also everything Is expensive and money is short, so my plans are to focus on the good things in live from this point forward (no matter how hard it may seem hahaha) like weed, woman and nice people on the internet! :)

Virtual Cafe Awards