The food safety psyop

qwerty

Don't be autistic challenge (GONE WRONG)
Reaction score
Awards
So you wouldn't put raw meat in a pan using one set of tongs, and use those same tongs to take the meat out once it's cooked, right? But the idea of not letting utensils that touched raw meat also touch cooked meat seem to fly out the window when it comes to ground meat or stir fry. You use something to stir the meat before it's cooked and, from what I've observed, most people will just continue to use this same utensil up to serving the food. Insane mental gymnastics there, but at the same time, at what point would you even switch utensils? The process of cooking meat is more of a continuous process than a binary. For example, sometimes when you cook raw meat some areas are more 'cooked' than others. How often am I supposed to change utensils? I don't understand.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I've noticed this too and I think it's weird. My only explanation is that with ground beef you're kind of stirring it around as you cook it so maybe the germs get killed by the heat of the pan? Then again I've seen people defrost their meat in their kitchen sink which is nasty to me. Idk people are weird with food practices

Virtual Cafe Awards

yakabdullahi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The whole raw meat vs. cooked meat utensil dilemma can be a bit confusing, right? It's like navigating a culinary maze sometimes! When it comes to ground meat or stir fry, it's a bit of a gray area. But hey, here's a tip: try to switch utensils halfway through cooking or whenever you notice significant changes in the meat's doneness. It's all about minimizing any potential cross-contamination.

By the way, if you're into top-quality beef, you should check out www.fattycow.com. They've got some seriously premium Wagyu beef that's perfect for your culinary adventures!

Last edited:

Fester

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
It's just left over thinking - the same way you weren't supposed to drink water from your bathroom becuase the pipes were from an unfiltered water source and could make you sick. As the world developed, so did the way we filter water and presto; clean drinking water from the bathroom.
The same thing has happend with the food industries. It's not like you're going to find a blood clot or a tape worm in your beef anymore, there's such lengthy standards to ensure that food is as safe as possible. Not using the same fork or whatever is just leftover, traditional thinking. You could straight up eat raw chicken right now and it would probably do nothing but ick you.

It's just left over thinking - the same way you weren't supposed to drink water from your bathroom becuase the pipes were from an unfiltered water source and could make you sick. As the world developed, so did the way we filter water and presto; clean drinking water from the bathroom.
The same thing has happend with the food industries. It's not like you're going to find a blood clot or a tape worm in your beef anymore, there's such lengthy standards to ensure that food is as safe as possible. Not using the same fork or whatever is just leftover, traditional thinking. You could straight up eat raw chicken right now and it would probably do nothing but ick you.
now you gotta eat a raw chicken leg on camera to prove this.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com
So you wouldn't put raw meat in a pan using one set of tongs, and use those same tongs to take the meat out once it's cooked, right? But the idea of not letting utensils that touched raw meat also touch cooked meat seem to fly out the window when it comes to ground meat or stir fry. You use something to stir the meat before it's cooked and, from what I've observed, most people will just continue to use this same utensil up to serving the food. Insane mental gymnastics there, but at the same time, at what point would you even switch utensils? The process of cooking meat is more of a continuous process than a binary. For example, sometimes when you cook raw meat some areas are more 'cooked' than others. How often am I supposed to change utensils? I don't understand.
None of this actually matters- provided that the meat is cooked throughout, it's safe to eat. If your utensil is touching a raw stir fry at the beginning, for instance, and it's in there the whole time, becoming as hot as the meat, it's as safe as the meat. In a hot pan, everything reaches the same temperature. The whole reason we cook food is because it's scientifically proven to kill bacteria. The other night, I was making a hamburger, and I was about to put it on the bun when I noticed that it was still pink and soft on the inside, so I just took it off the plate and put it back on the skillet for 10 minutes and then right back on the bun. No problem. I didn't feel like I was in mortal danger at all through any of that- cooking meat, just like cooking vegetables or bread, is just a matter of knowing when to turn it off through look and feel.

If it helps, and you're especially paranoid about the utensil as opposed to the food, just keep the fork or spatula or whatever you're using in the pan the whole time, with the metal part making direct contact, and imagine all the grotesque intestinal diseases writhing in agony as their organelles and nuclei burn into a fiery crisp. Cooking is the pathogen grave!

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
to seriously answer the question, it's to prevent cross-contamination. you can't cross-contaminate between the same meat you're cooking. it's about not touching already cooked meat with utensils used to handle different raw meat.

(frankly, i wouldn't mind using a utensil that had touched something cooked to then touch something raw, but it can never touch cooked stuff again after it touches raw, so it's better to just keep them separate the entire time cause people dumb)

Virtual Cafe Awards
*dons tinfoil hat* ah yes, big parma
nooo, it is WEF and eco-malthusians ofc... you will eat worms and labmeat (it is good, wrong thing is, how it is portrayed) [soylent green (future)]

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
These gymnastics apply to fighting games as well.

Attachments

• F6CrEgAbQAAYx15.png
    F6CrEgAbQAAYx15.png
    504.7 KB · Views: 20
Virtual Cafe Awards

Njordr

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
None of this actually matters- provided that the meat is cooked throughout, it's safe to eat. If your utensil is touching a raw stir fry at the beginning, for instance, and it's in there the whole time, becoming as hot as the meat, it's as safe as the meat. In a hot pan, everything reaches the same temperature. The whole reason we cook food is because it's scientifically proven to kill bacteria. The other night, I was making a hamburger, and I was about to put it on the bun when I noticed that it was still pink and soft on the inside, so I just took it off the plate and put it back on the skillet for 10 minutes and then right back on the bun. No problem. I didn't feel like I was in mortal danger at all through any of that- cooking meat, just like cooking vegetables or bread, is just a matter of knowing when to turn it off through look and feel.

If it helps, and you're especially paranoid about the utensil as opposed to the food, just keep the fork or spatula or whatever you're using in the pan the whole time, with the metal part making direct contact, and imagine all the grotesque intestinal diseases writhing in agony as their organelles and nuclei burn into a fiery crisp. Cooking is the pathogen grave!
the fuck you mean you put your burger back on the grill. if its pink on the inside its still good man a bit of raw Beef never hurts nobody. Red meat is gods creation you could eat that shit Bleeding as long as it was brought up to temperature.

I bet you eat well-done steak don't you

1710982889819.png

Full disclosure I had someone make me a "blue rare" Steak once upon a time. It was.... Good however never been a fan of cold food and the cooking process is quick with the food losing its temperature quickly I honestly couldnt even finish it. Honestly the problem with his cooking was not his skill but most conventional ovens cannot get hot enough to properly make a rare or blue rare steak

Attachments

• 1671869392442059.png
    1671869392442059.png
    450.8 KB · Views: 23
  • U00Zj4Q.jpg
    U00Zj4Q.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 19

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
For a few months I drank 6 raw eggs a day. Never got food poisoning
I eat sushi and rare burgers/steak all the time too

The only time I've ever gotten food poisoning was from fried chicken sandwiches at Wendy's, but boy are they good

Virtual Cafe Awards