Anti-Thoughts & Non-Arguments

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The takeaway from this thread is: Art can be objectively analysed and anyone who thinks it's purely subjective is an idiot.

Also, I was taught about "though-terminating cliches", which are essentially the same as Anti-Thoughts

MindControlBoxer

Cyberbully
Reaction score
Awards
Just because someone got paid to do something doesn't mean they know a single thing about it...
and the subject would have practical ramifications. By community I mean it's populated with users who for the most part have some degree of familiarity and rapport with one another, ie they aren't just randos.
It doesn't really tell me a single thing about what makes a successful color scheme in the abstract.
The percentages themselves aren't really as important and can be tweaked according to taste,
Color theory allows for the creation of formulae which extend far beyond particular genres and use cases.
An infinite number of combinations are possible within the bounds of this simple formula.
But remember, this only represents "a" formula not "the" formula, I'm not proposing any sort of rule about anything.
Just because a disabled person is physically unable to grip a pencil "correctly", doesn't mean a "correct" answer is impossible.
A scifi movie and a nature movie containing different colors in their palettes is a very surface level statement, ie small picture.
because at the big picture level there is fundamentally no difference between any of these things.

You don't know what you want, You get mad at reality and have no internal logic. This is why people shut you down with "its all subjective man", from everybody elses POV (you) are the midwit, its not anti thought its an anti (YOU) thing.

Virtual Cafe Awards