DISILLUSION ST EARLY ACCESS

• Thread starter RIG
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 8796 times.

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Very nice, definitely going to check this out tomorrow. Keep up the great work!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Session 2

melgarden.jpg

What does she think of fancy Narakan memories?
thesun.jpg

beppin.jpg

Beppin

gotta_have_a_good_meal.jpg

I like this guy. I hope he has a good meal one day. He looks like I do IRL

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: RIG

Deleted member 4436

Forgot to screencap but there was one line of dialogue that said "You want to know what I love? Roads."
Love you too :agsmile:

Deleted member 4436

Not sure how, but I was somehow able to pull off a strafe movement with the a/d keys instead of turning. is this intentional? It stopped when I stopped holding down the keys.
I like this bamboo area. Was Ugetsu Kitan one of the inspirations for the design of this area specifically?
bamboo.jpg

ugetsukitan.jpg

Deleted member 4436

Found a secret? Not sure if this has anything to do with the progression of collecting the items. It's a hexagram I found in the coloured-toybox area, and you can talk to it multiple times. Successive interactions and different combinations of the 4 numbers seems to change the skybox, among other things.
secret.jpg

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Found a secret? Not sure if this has anything to do with the progression of collecting the items. It's a hexagram I found in the coloured-toybox area, and you can talk to it multiple times. Successive interactions and different combinations of the 4 numbers seems to change the skybox, among other things.
View attachment 62180
left over from me testing filters in game, i'm not sure if other filters are still there other than the main one. it limits the colors on screen

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Found this guy.
shape.jpg

And that's session 2.
save2.jpg

Only managed to find one item this time.

I know this definitely had no impact on the inspiration for this game, since it's a personal deep cut, but it reminds me a lot of Yugioh World Championship 2008. It's kind of hard to explain unless you've played and beaten it yourself... but it has npcs who spawn in on random occasions who you can talk to, and doors which take you to other places, environments, as well. The DS's graphics also cause the 3d environments to have a dithering effect, so that probably has a large part to play in it, as well.
Then again, since half of the total amount of time I've ever spent playing video games was put into that one game, it might just be ingrained into my impressions, so I see it everywhere. IDK.

Deleted member 4436

Session 3
mel2.jpg

This is her first time here as well, if I'm understanding? Honestly not too familiar with the narrative of the first game. I sense there's something here, and I may get around to trying to piece it together one day, though I'm not sure if anyone really wants to here my rambling about stories and my often unorthodox religious views.

Deleted member 4436

mannequin.jpg

So I noticed that there actually seems to be two different types of these mannequins for some reason. One of them is stationary, and turns when you interact with it. Meanwhile, the other one seems to turn to face you no matter where you're standing, like the other things (creatures? entities? npcs?) in the game.

Deleted member 4436

colours.jpg

Unfortunately, there isn't a periwinkle option. Went with blue, instead.

noshow.jpg

Decided not to show him because Mel and also the bush said not to.

typo.jpg

She "seens" rather normal? Is this a typo @RIG

miss mel.jpg

So everyone seems to be familiar with Mel, even though she herself said she isn't familiar with the Naraka.

Deleted member 4436

goldenrose.jpg

Umineko true ending kakera

room.jpg

While the maps are supposedly randomly generated, I've been getting quite a few areas that seem to have to same layout almost every time, specifically the tower area. I found this room, too. There was another path, but the illuminati eye there is blocking the way and doesn't disappear when talked to.

screen.jpg

And I ended up at this screen, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere you can actually click on it, so I'm going to call it a day here since I'm stuck.

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
View attachment 62269
Umineko true ending kakera

View attachment 62270
While the maps are supposedly randomly generated, I've been getting quite a few areas that seem to have to same layout almost every time, specifically the tower area. I found this room, too. There was another path, but the illuminati eye there is blocking the way and doesn't disappear when talked to.

View attachment 62271
And I ended up at this screen, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere you can actually click on it, so I'm going to call it a day here since I'm stuck.
the actual maps structure are not randomly generated, they are made by hand. the order that you reach each map is random as well as the spawns of all events. right now there is only 77 maps, my goal is to have at least 500 to help keep the repetition down. also maybe you can click on the frog and mel even if the eye does not appear? if you are stuck i will update the demo, this particular spot caused me a lot of issues that i thought i figured out.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I posted an update, you may need to load your actual save and not your auto save. It can be hard to fully test a game with so many random elements so i have been worried things would slip by, let me know if there are any other issues. The update has a few new things too (not much)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Session 4, this time with the update
new.jpg

New creature I never saw before in the previous version

frogg.jpg

The patch seems to have worked

mapstructure.jpg

This map structure is another thing which I not once encountered in the previous version. It's a lot more open than a lot of the other ones.

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: RIG

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Virtual Cafe Awards