Do you believe that humor has a limit?

timelinker14

Wanderer of the Agora
Reaction score
Awards
I'm a guy with an extremely screwed up sense of humor, but even so I can't tell if humor has a limit or not, because humor is very subjective from person to person.
I could make a joke like "Do you know the no-me either joke? No. Me neither!" and offend someone, the same way I could make a joke like "Do you know where you can find a quadriplegic? In the same place you left him!" and still offend someone. Because anything can be taken out of context until it seems offensive (Twitter and TikToks are masters at getting offended), If I were to separate the types of humor "lovers" into groups, I would separate them into four groups:
1)the little hitlers: people who make offensive humor with the intention of attacking and teasing (usually KKK members or 4Chan users)
2)the trolls of irony: people who make offensive humor in an absurd or even ironic way, just to see the first idiot to get angry (obviously they are internet trolls)
3)the boring extremists: people who hate any form of humor and try to be as harmless as possible (are sjw's obviously)
4)the not so saints: people who say it's possible to do 100% harmless humor, but who directly attack groups they believe are privileged or something like that (they're just people who don't understand anything about humor)
Agree or disagree, none of these groups are 100% right in the same way they are not 100% wrong, now say what you think...

I think that humor if used properly, that is, to alleviate tension, make people at ease, and spread a good laugh (probably haven't covered all points, but you get what I mean) is always alright. Of course, this means that you have to be very contextually aware of the situation you find yourself in. If someone has just lost their legs, and you crack a joke, it's usually a bad thing. But, there's also the possiblity that you know the person, and so, know if they would find it tasteful or not.

There is always a chance that you will offend someone, even if you genuinely thought it would be well received. In that case, I would only say that you made the situation awkard, and you should apologize, be civil and respectul, and keep it in mind for the future. Whatever that person's reaction is, is ultimately on them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
Million Dollar Extreme.png
Ironically enough, this looks like the exact thing that MDE would show.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com
Ironically enough, this looks like the exact thing that MDE would show.
I think you vastly overestimate their self-awareness

Virtual Cafe Awards