What is the worst mainstream website and why?

The worst?

• >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • 4chan

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Twitter

Votes: 44 28.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Facebook

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Tiktok

Votes: 58 36.9%
  • Youtube

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Tumblr

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • PInterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Discord

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

Markovian Parallax

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk... is useful, annoying at times, but useful. I have an account mainly for four my favourite subs. Ah, legendary 4chan. I went there a few times, but I felt very out of place. It's kind of artifact of the Old Internet for me. Twitter. I've never used it. I follow big tech news, so I've heard about some dramas with Mr Musk in the lead role, but I don't care. Instagram - platform from the time when you're 16 and trying to promote your poor drawings and photos. I'll leave it without comment :monkaHmm: Facebook, I heard that the young generation doesn't use it so much anymore because it has been taken over by boomers. I don't know, I'm not there anymore. I created an account out of necessity when I went to university and there was a group on FB that served as information board. Youtube. I mean, it's hard to imagine the Internet without YT, no? But at some point I had enough of all these ads so I switched to NewPipe. TikTok. I saw some videos coming from there and.. uh :scardoggo: all I can say is that I wouldn't use it even if I was paid. Tumblr. The one I voted for :> I hate it and yet I'm there almost every day (because of one small community I like) so I can see what a hellhole and freak show it is. Sometimes I feel like I'm in some alternate reality. Pinterest is my favourite site on this list, I've had an account for several years and I've managed to create my little corner of the internet with visual content that interests me. But have to be careful because scrolling boards is often time-wasting. It can turn into a nasty habit. Discord, I also had an account for a while but decided that I don't need it. Communities had too much unnecessary crap and spam instead of simple chats.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Sometimes I feel like I'm in some alternate reality
not wrong - TOLUs (terminally on-line users), imaginations of what world could be and is (on net only), poems and fake-deep notes...
"twitter encyclopedia dork"

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Elbrus_uwu

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Twitter was rather painful to use before Musk but now that he acquired the site it has been just more of a headache in general to use it.

>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk is only good when you find your own little niche community other than that GOD it's dreadful made the mistake of looking there for writing advice once... once

Tiktok is alright I think. It certainly has its own flaws and problems but when the algorithm actually understands that you don't like family guy videos the little memes and edits can be farther fun.

punisheddead

I know that doooooooooor
Reaction score
Awards
Twitter, it embodies the worst from every corner of the internet and is filled with the worst people from political psychos to predators to bots. Twitter is the embodiment of everything that's bad on the internet and i hope it has a long and healthy life. Don't think the internet could survive another Tumblr like exodus.

Tiktok and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk are close seconds but they have useful information sometimes, which just pulls them away from being the worst mainstream media website.

Twitter, it embodies the worst from every corner of the internet and is filled with the worst people from political psychos to predators to bots. Twitter is the embodiment of everything that's bad on the internet and i hope it has a long and healthy life. Don't think the internet could survive another Tumblr like exodus.

Tiktok and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk are close seconds but they have useful information sometimes, which just pulls them away from being the worst mainstream media website.
never were on quora, honey? it has all...

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vector

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

Also when it comes to vidya, they have. the. worst. takes. They seem to hate any game that's *fun* and are so stuck up with what games are good. Also ended up despising their cdpr echo chamber from 2016-2019. They don't seem to get that every company will have good and bad aspects. Some are more good than others.
Dude you have put into words exactly how I've felt for a long, long time. I remember when /r/gamingcirclejerk was a funny place to dunk on obnoxious redditors before they got so caught up on political bullshit.

But, really, nobody hates games as much as >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk hates games. Even mid games can't just be mid--they have to be the worst thing ever. >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk discourse just sucks so hard.

Oh boy it's time for... Eyes Complains about Social Media!

Redditors are pitchfork-wielding retards who go online to get mad about something and be part of a lynch mob. So much so in fact that they fail to realize that 99% of the stories on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk are fake. Also the site itself is a corporate plot to replace forums with soulless capsule hotels for websites.

4chan
pedoland

Twitter
If you tweeted that the sky was blue 50 people would retweet you with a smug retweet about how you're wrong. Twitter incentivises being a smug asshole to the detriment of actually communicating or disseminating factual information. Its algorithm is designed to make as many people as mad as possible so they become addicted to twitter. This is why twitter refugees are hated by literally everyone else. Also the example I gave at the beginning isn't exactly an exaggeration. There was a trend of people posting PEMDAS math problems on twitter and claiming they were ambiguous when really they were just shit at doing PEMDAS and then they would get mad at you if you pointed that out.

Instagram
Never actually used it honestly.

Facebook
:okBoomer:

Tiktok
Twitter+, a hive for smug retarded people who like videos more than text.

Youtube

Pretty much any content that isn't Elsa Spiderman poop fetish related gets censored by Youtube.

Tumblr
I actually like Tumblr. There are a lot of retards who start insular queer gang wars but they are pretty easy to avoid and it is pretty easy to curate your experience.

Pintrest
costanzayeahrightsmirk

Discord
compulsory pedoland

Mastodon
I honestly don't understand why people don't hate mastodon more. Its users are unironically the most sensitive people in existence and the creator makes some of the most retarded decisions ever made (except saying he won't add quoting that was based). These people took a decentralized platform and managed to centralize it by defederating from anyone who is 6 degrees of separation away from a nazi (I am trying to exaggerate for comedic effect here but it's hard because this is genuinely what these "people" are like).

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
Pinterest fucking sucks because all major image search engines flood their results with stuff on their domain. Then they intentionally make it really difficult to actually save images from the site. Then again, that's arguably more the fault of the major search engines than it is with Pinterest itself, especially since none of those engines make it possible to actually filter Pinterest

I would complain that no search engines are listed in the poll (which, come on, Google has damaged the Web far more than any other entity out there), but all of these major sites basically work together in various ways to turn everything into trash

Virtual Cafe Awards

psyki

abomination
Reaction score
Awards
I hate them all in their own little ways, tbh. But of course, some I hate more than others.
I started this thread cause I'm curious to see what agora road posters think is the worst.

>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk can be pretty infurirating with all the bots and shill posting but it can be alright if you manage to avoid that. 4chan was ok back in its heyday although always a bit strange, but now it gives me the same vibes as >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk just an edgier and more hardcore version where it's difficult to filter posts due to the anonymity of it. IG and FB are bleh to me. YouTube is fine, a mixed bag, arguably the easiest to curate ur experience on. TikTok has a lot of problems which I won't get into but sometimes it can be fun, yet a lot of the content feels shallow and pretty boring even if its one of the most authentically active social media right now. Twitter is just complete trash. I hate how artists have used Twitter as a way to share their art when there's so many other sites you can be doing that on so I'm forced to deal with it if I want some decent exposure.

I'd vote Twitter for the worst.
ofc twitter is the worst imo, however 4chan has both contributed a lot of good and bad things so idk exactly where to stand on that. Tiktok is absolute garbage and i try and avoid it as much but its not like the content is bad i mean a lot of it is trash but its more of the negative influence it has on your mind, and finally >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk is fucking cringe.:KongDance:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Haus444

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Many are guilty of this, but Instagram in particular has made it so that at least a quarter of the population turns every excursion into a quest to snap pictures for their account. They could see the most beautiful scene infront of them, and they'll still choose to view it through their phone screen rather than their own eyes. Having a new experience, appreciating aesthetic beauty, exploring, etc. all become secondary to your primary task, to add some gunk to your Instagram page.

Visiting a temple or some place of great beauty is immediately made uglier by these types, it's harder to soak in the beauty of something when there is somebody blocking it so they can take a picture for their Instagram. The issue isn't even the prospect of taking pictures, its the excessive profusion of this behavior that Instagram promotes.

I'm not so neurotic I can't just ignore it of course, but whenever I stop to think about it, it makes me a bit sad. It's also impossible to ignore when you're on a trip with one of those types as well.

Last edited:

mauer

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
drive.google.com
Oh boy it's time for... Eyes Complains about Social Media!

Redditors are pitchfork-wielding retards who go online to get mad about something and be part of a lynch mob. So much so in fact that they fail to realize that 99% of the stories on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk are fake. Also the site itself is a corporate plot to replace forums with soulless capsule hotels for websites.

4chan
pedoland

Twitter
If you tweeted that the sky was blue 50 people would retweet you with a smug retweet about how you're wrong. Twitter incentivises being a smug asshole to the detriment of actually communicating or disseminating factual information. Its algorithm is designed to make as many people as mad as possible so they become addicted to twitter. This is why twitter refugees are hated by literally everyone else. Also the example I gave at the beginning isn't exactly an exaggeration. There was a trend of people posting PEMDAS math problems on twitter and claiming they were ambiguous when really they were just shit at doing PEMDAS and then they would get mad at you if you pointed that out.

Instagram
Never actually used it honestly.

Facebook
:okBoomer:

Tiktok
Twitter+, a hive for smug retarded people who like videos more than text.

Youtube

Pretty much any content that isn't Elsa Spiderman poop fetish related gets censored by Youtube.

Tumblr
I actually like Tumblr. There are a lot of retards who start insular queer gang wars but they are pretty easy to avoid and it is pretty easy to curate your experience.

Pintrest
costanzayeahrightsmirk

Discord
compulsory pedoland

Mastodon
I honestly don't understand why people don't hate mastodon more. Its users are unironically the most sensitive people in existence and the creator makes some of the most retarded decisions ever made (except saying he won't add quoting that was based). These people took a decentralized platform and managed to centralize it by defederating from anyone who is 6 degrees of separation away from a nazi (I am trying to exaggerate for comedic effect here but it's hard because this is genuinely what these "people" are like).
Twitter is way worse for pedos than 4chan

4chan​

This one's weird but I will admit.... I love the humour 4chan has. But also, I find their nihilism and hate to become grading after a while and it can get too much even for me. The best way to enjoy 4chan is to just not take it that seriously.
Honestly, 4chan is normie brainrot that just gets popular overtime. Its the same nihilist views that an edgy highschooler would have. The site fell hard to >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk tier nonsense. I do enjoy the humor but I wouldn't directly express or interact over there unless you want to look like an idiot. Otherwise, X-chans are better overall the only problem is you either end up with a dead site or a site just as bad as /pol/. 4chan is a safe pick but like you said don't really take it too seriously unless you want wallpapers.

Anything people accuse Kiwifarms of doing, Twitter has done 100 times worse
Yeah but you're not on the winners side sooo get ratio'd /s
Never used Discord but I know there are sexual predators so its kind of like Omegle but with even weirder people
I swear the people running discord might as well be predators themselves considering all the cases coming from the site themselves and how lax/slow they can be.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Honestly, 4chan is normie brainrot that just gets popular overtime. Its the same nihilist views that an edgy highschooler would have. The site fell hard to >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk tier nonsense. I do enjoy the humor but I wouldn't directly express or interact over there unless you want to look like an idiot. Otherwise, X-chans are better overall the only problem is you either end up with a dead site or a site just as bad as /pol/. 4chan is a safe pick but like you said don't really take it too seriously unless you want wallpapers.
got popular and is full of kids, or people who stood there because force of habit (sad to see them all sanitized as new ToS went)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cammell

Poltergeist
Reaction score
Awards
Instagram Tiktok and twitter, they collect a whole lot of data and are very addictive

I don't think they bring anything good to anyone except if you are selling something so you can market it