Who's your favorite modern musical artists?

Creechan12

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
There is a lot of good musical artist that do good work that are buried underneath the trash of the modern music industry. I wanted to hear about some new ones. And wanted to appreciate some good modern music.

I really like Lena Raine's music, she's lady that made the Celeste soundtrack, and who now makes the soundtrack for Minecraft. Her music is one good thing about the new updates.

Windows 96 has such a fucking vibe, I absolutely adore his music he's the reason I got into vaporwave.

And Kiltro which although not electric makes some banger tunes.

Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
I was at the record store a few weeks ago and picked up a second-hand copy of Hatchie's Giving The World Away on a whim. It's a variety of indie pop, dipping into dream pop pretty hard at points. The songs are all catchy and satisfying

One of the tracks is called Don't Leave Me In The Rain, and it sounds pretty normal, but during the chorus after Hatchie is singing "you want it, you want it, you want it...", these big bell sounds come out of nowhere and just swamp the track for a moment, then fade away. It's unexpected, but for some reason, it actually works. I just thought that was cool

Anyways, check it out if you like stuff like CHVRCHES, Asobi Seksu, Computer Magic, or whatever

Virtual Cafe Awards