As someone who listens to vaporwave where do you hang out?

myrriad

gas stove cook
Reaction score
Awards
Website
freckleskies.net
i like taking a random bus/tram/metro/whatever, getting off after about 30 minutes and then i wonder about randomly in the town. i take great pleasure in walks but if i go on the same route all the time it starts getting stale and i get sick of it. i love my little concrete town to hell and back and i could wonder about aimlessly for hours but i'll try to get home by sundown mainly because if it's proper dark i don't get to enjoy the scenery as much. night walks are best for grocery runs!

Virtual Cafe Awards

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
so I've been continuing my adventures downtown, I have become a nightwalker now. I'm working on a map for all the public outlets in the city. Its cold out where I'm from so I might add a heater to my kit also.

I've been finding my way into this black club downtown for free if I get in early enough. I made a friend and he introduced me to the manager so I might get to Dj there next thursday, but I have a feeling its going to fall through because girlboy stuff.

Over the weekend I started carrying my Stereo WireLess Raycon speakers and as they now say "bringing the club to the club"

people seem to have an easy time opening up to me, but they all leave at the end of the night :'(
I'm looking for that one gold person in a city of lead...

I HATE being treated like free pussy when I am spiritually wealthy. BTW i kissed my uber driver :-* cuz he thought I was pretty, but turns out he was just like everyone else and forcibly kissed me a second time...I was pulling away. Been trying to get a date but they keep cancelling or lose interest because its not a free f*ck for them

Attachments

• becoming_lain_cam42 (2) (1).jpg
    becoming_lain_cam42 (2) (1).jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 48
  • lain prophecy_cam42 (2) (1).jpg
    lain prophecy_cam42 (2) (1).jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 47
  • plants_from_egypt_cam33 (2) (1).jpg
    plants_from_egypt_cam33 (2) (1).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 46
Virtual Cafe Awards

Grimace

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
For the vaporwave moods, I always enjoy walking down near the water especially when it's kind of foggy and cool out. Being in a kind of congested area, the boardwalk and any sort of park near the beach at least offer some trails and spaces to enjoy nature and a little solitude. I've always enjoyed riding the train, back when I was younger I used to ride the subway at night to nowhere in particular but it's not quite as safe as it used to be for a 3am ride :confused:.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
For the vaporwave moods, I always enjoy walking down near the water especially when it's kind of foggy and cool out. Being in a kind of congested area, the boardwalk and any sort of park near the beach at least offer some trails and spaces to enjoy nature and a little solitude. I've always enjoyed riding the train, back when I was younger I used to ride the subway at night to nowhere in particular but it's not quite as safe as it used to be for a 3am ride :confused:.
What city do you live in friend?

Virtual Cafe Awards

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com
I tend to confront the world as much as possible- not only the warm aspects of it, but the forgotten alleys, the desolate parks, the corners of thought seldom visited by others. I prefer to view my surroundings as a deceptive layered onion- peel back one slice to reveal fractal complexity. I often walk around at night- bus stops, the edges of highways, railyards, and so forth, and as such I get a taste of the urban sprawl I don't imagine many do. I get to see what the world looks like covered in snow, or in rain, or without any people around. I have very few limits as to where I'll walk- I feel safe and comfortable just about anywhere. The only real limit to how long I can walk are my own muscles and my brain's ability to remain conscious. I think my generation (Gen Z) needs more direct confrontation with the world like this, both its positive and negative aspects, to develop a truly mature and nuanced understanding of what goes on.
Snowy Train Station.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

nakadashi

Horny on main.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
kuro-neko.xyz
I usually just hang out alone at cafés with my headphones on. I always carry a book so I have something to do. I also like to carry a camera to do some street photography, but my town is pretty small (kinda) so I have already photographed everything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I usually just hang out alone at cafés with my headphones on. I always carry a book so I have something to do. I also like to carry a camera to do some street photography, but my town is pretty small (kinda) so I have already photographed everything.
Do you have any photos to share?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Oasisboi

Physical embodiment of The Oasis
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I end up walking downtown, Ile post up at McDonald's sometimes with my laptop. I like going shopping too, especially thrift stores. The best hangout spots tho are usually in the little nooks between the clubs. I like talking to the houseless people soemtimes
I like creating the aesthetic in my room. Other than that, old tech stores or malls. If you ever get the chance to visit an abandoned mall, bring a speaker.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to update with some of my recent journeys. I spent a lot of time dedicated to slateboarding this year and finding little nooks and crannies in my small city. Tbh i havnt been on agora for like a year, so much happened

Attachments

• 20240222_231427.jpg
    20240222_231427.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 14
Virtual Cafe Awards

BLOODMAGE

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
my room on my floor

on a real note i enjoy listening to vaporwave while record shopping or book shopping. also clothing shops are nice at times. i recall listening to vaporwave in an almost completely empty mall at some point in my life which was cool, but overbearing when i tried it again a different time when it was full of people. i imagine driving at night with vaporwave might be nice as well possibly

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I want to go on walks more often but the city I live in is a concrete shitland with occasional bad neighborhoods that you have to avoid
Houston is so humid that the whole city is built around owning an air-conditioned car; I wish I lived somewhere walkable. I pay for my university out of pocket as well so I've never been able to attend a fancy campus that is built around students walking and meeting new people :PepeHands:

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Houston is so humid that the whole city is built around owning an air-conditioned car; I wish I lived somewhere walkable. I pay for my university out of pocket as well so I've never been able to attend a fancy campus that is built around students walking and meeting new people :PepeHands:
good news for you my friend, this post of mine is no longer true bc I was recently able to move out to the countryside where none of those dynamics apply anymore

Virtual Cafe Awards
What is it that appeals about Vaporware to you? Is it the carefree yet driven optimism of repetitive beats that leave just enough room for your imagination to freestyle within as you feel nostalgic for a future that hasn't happened yet or something else? Speak on it.

The tunes perfectly suit being behind the wheel although Synthwave is more exciting in that respect and a certain way to collect speeding tickets, if you're not careful in the whip. They also work quite well as background music in the crib but ambient soundscapes like the scores to games or movies excel then. Shout out to the Don Bieberveli for lacing us with this hit:

That sounds like a aural definition of anxiety being fear spread thin as the song shifts into a gear that doesn't exist on a place on map that isn't inked.