Christcuck General | The Fall of the Roman Empire and the ensuing European Dark Ages

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The Christianization of the Roman Empire was a catastrophic mistake that led to the decline and eventual fall of one of the greatest civilizations in human history.

▶ By adopting this new and foreign religion, "christianity" the Romans lost their traditional pagan values and beliefs, which had been instrumental in maintaining social cohesion and stability for centuries.

▶ Additionally, Christianity promoted a sense of guilt and self-hatred among Europeans that led to their eventual decline and subjugation by non-white invaders. Furthermore, the spread of Christianity resulted in the abandonment of many of the advancements and achievements of the Roman Empire, such as science, technology, and art, which set back European civilization for centuries.
Such as bath houses, water-powered mills and the first aspect of mass-production and interlinked worhshops and much more.

▶ Judea could not beat the Roman Empire militarily so they had to beat them spiritually by introducing christianity, which managed to beat the organic emerging Mithraism in the Late Roman Empire

▶ We must come back to our roots and realise our pagan ancestry. Otherwise we will forever be stuck paying taxes to the elites and slaving our lives away.

Further Media:
> Downfall of the Occident by Oswald Spengler
> Revolt against the modern World by Julius Evola
> The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon
> christcuck.org

marcus aurelius.jpg

Marcus Aurelius, the Philosopher King and staunch pagan persecuted christians because he knew what would happen if this jewish psy-op takes a hold in the Empire. He established and fortified the worship of Sol Invictus in the Empire. Out of this organically emerged Mithraism. Often, Sol Invictus Mithras.

Mithra_sacrifiant_le_Taureau-005.jpg

Mithras slaying the Bull

Mithraism competed with christianity, something many dont know. Mithraism emerged naturally and was centred around the strife for knowledge and the occult. Which conveyed that an ordinary Human can become a God solely through his or her own merit.

It is a solar principle. Instead of christianity which was concerned with worshipping the lowest aspects of humanity. Slave morality, the lower domains and that you have to get on your knees and repent. Arresting the mind and soul. The Gods that allowed Iron to grow did not call for any servants.

Just think about how far we would be if instead of the mind virus of christianity we had Mithraism. We would be an insterstellar race by now. Perhaps even intergalactic. Many hundred thousands of million of lives could have been saved.

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The Aelopile, the "Hero's Engine". The predecessor to the steam engine and it would have naturally become the steam engine.
First blueprints Dated 20 CE, build a few decades later. Concept was Completely lost until the middle ages.

steamengine1.jpg

The by now well known "Antikthera Mechanism". Build around 200 CE it was an astronomical/ celestial clock and counter. Similar to the mayan long count calendar. Not even known to exist until as of recently. It would have become the first aspect of an actual analog computer.

41598_2021_84310_Fig4_HTML.jpg

There's only whispers of it however it is very likely, given the greece influence, that the romans had kites able to lift human bodys. Not too far fetched that it would evolve into something similar as DaVincis concept of flying machines. 1400 years before DaVinci was even born.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Seeing as we have a non-locked religion thread again though, can I interest you in the good word of Tientology?

Attachments

• i4i3H26.png
    i4i3H26.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I generally agree with your points of religion being improperly wielded by elites as a form of control rather than community, but I think you would be better off elaborating on this concept in a less inflammatory manner.

Such as bath houses, water-powered mills and the first aspect of mass-production and interlinked worhshops and much more.
The Aelopile, the "Hero's Engine". The predecessor to the steam engine and it would have naturally become the steam engine.
First blueprints Dated 20 CE, build a few decades later. Concept was Completely lost until the middle ages.

View attachment 93997

The by now well known "Antikthera Mechanism". Build around 200 CE it was an astronomical/ celestial clock and counter. Similar to the mayan long count calendar. Not even known to exist until as of recently. It would have become the first aspect of an actual analog computer.

View attachment 93998

There's only whispers of it however it is very likely, given the greece influence, that the romans had kites able to lift human bodys. Not too far fetched that it would evolve into something similar as DaVincis concept of flying machines. 1400 years before DaVinci was even born.
I had heard speculation of Rome being on the brink of a steam engine, and the Antikthera Mechanism has been a personal fascination for sometime, no other such devices have been found right?
The flying mechanisms you describe I am unfamiliar with though, where does this account originate?

Mithraism
This appears to have routes in BC Iran, what's the difference between Iranian and Roman Mithraism and the factors that lead to its resurgence in Rome? It appears few to no written texts remain of the belief and we are left with interpretations of artifacts?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I had heard speculation of Rome being on the brink of a steam engine, and the Antikthera Mechanism has been a personal fascination for sometime, no other such devices have been found right?
Steam engines have historically been seen as little more than a novelty. This is common with scientific and technological principles which were discovered long before their utilisation as mechanical tools.

Virtual Cafe Awards

dysgeusia

"a distortion of taste"
Reaction score
Awards
There's a very good video by a degree-holding historian on youtube named toldinstone, he talks about whether or not Rome truly was on the brink of an industrial revolution and references that little steam engine thing, and basically, he argues that Rome was not even interested in an industrial revolution, nor did they have the infrastructure or need for it. So just because they had a steam engine doesn't mean that they would have utilized it. It's an interesting video/channel and i think he clears up a lot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqPlOAH85o

also, i think it's a little bit unhistorical to imply no development at all took place during the "dark ages," which might better just be referenced as the "middle ages." in this era we see the development of a lot of cultural mythology we're familiar with today, including things like alchemy, significant works of literature, etc. i'm a lit nerd so my understanding of the total historical period is super limited, but suffice it to say some really brilliant thinkers were active all over europe between the fall of the roman empire and the renaissance. christian mysticism is a brilliant and fascinating, and even defies what most would consider christianity.

***edit: there's a lot to be said for the syncretism of christianity and paganism, which survives to this day. it isn't fair to say that these things automatically always cancel each other out, and being honest, paganism is a little bit too respectful of natural powers in principal for it to support the philosophy required to justify the destructive aspect of an industrial revolution***

he argues that Rome was not even interested in an industrial revolution
Ottomans knew about the steam engine too and the only usage of it that i remember of was automating the rotation of a döner.

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Antikthera Mechanism has been a personal fascination for sometime, no other such devices have been found right?

No, and it's completely misplaced too. There's nothing else like it or similar. Which is odd, there must be other similar devices too. Or likewise mechanical apparatuses that do something. But to what I've seen nothing has been found. Same with the ridiculous huge cut stones the romans left everywhere, similar to the egyptians. As if they had some technology that was simply lost. The Antikthera was one of such things. There wasn't even mention of it. Either it came from somewhere else or from even before the romans (Atlantis?)

The flying mechanisms you describe I am unfamiliar with though, where does this account originate?

The greeks had these toys

22-1-2017 ancient Greek inventions-the flying pigeon of Archytas.jpg

Which were also steam powered. Alongside normal kites.

This appears to have routes in BC Iran, what's the difference between Iranian and Roman Mithraism and the factors that lead to its resurgence in Rome? It appears few to no written texts remain of the belief and we are left with interpretations of artifacts?

Also in Hinduism with the same name. Mithras is an hyperborean/ aryan deity. It seems to have emerged naturally in the case of Romans. Or perhaps it came from india, since the romans had trading posts down to thailand even. For the romans mithras was a human, for hindus its an Anthropomorphic figure.

Virtual Cafe Awards

dysgeusia

"a distortion of taste"
Reaction score
Awards
Ottomans knew about the steam engine too and the only usage of it that i remember of was automating the rotation of a döner.
that's amazing. this is the true purpose of technological innovation.

dysgeusia

"a distortion of taste"
Reaction score
Awards
Just think about how far we would be if instead of the mind virus of christianity we had Mithraism. We would be an insterstellar race by now. Perhaps even intergalactic. Many hundred thousands of million of lives could have been saved.

i'm interested to hear your take on mithraism's potential role in advancing technology. i know that info on it is basically limited to 1 surviving papyrus that reminds me personally of a lot of hermeticism/mysticism, which hasn't typically struck me as favoring "control over the natural elements," so much as recognizing one's role within that. do you think personal mysticism favors a philosophy of industrialization? i always thought philosophies and religions favoring the collective would generally favor technology as well.

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The Christianization of the Roman Empire was a catastrophic mistake that led to the decline and eventual fall of one of the greatest civilizations in human history.

By adopting this new and foreign religion, "christianity" the Romans lost their traditional pagan values and beliefs, which had been instrumental in maintaining social cohesion and stability for centuries.
They had already lost them.

I am not a fan of the Roman Empire (vs Kingdom or Republic). Its major technological improvement was a centralized industrial state. It was overfixated on extending its boundaries to the point where it inevitably collapsed, because its economy relied on expansionism to grow. (Does that remind anyone of anything? Maybe some modern economic models...?)

Rome generally did not have superior technologies, it stole them. The classic "Roman" helmet was Gaulish in design. The Gladius was Celtiberian. The Gauls had superior plough designs. The Gauls used soap to bathe in lieu of the "civilized" Roman method of oiling, sweating, and scraping off the skin. Building designs and mythologies were largely taken from the Greeks. Individual Celts and Germanics were superior to Roman soldiers as the State progressed, because all civilizations drain the life of their people with bureaucracy and luxury. Rome's remarkable trait (and it is actually remarkable) was its ability to steal things from other groups and integrate it well, and the Empires that came after followed that.

Rome conquered and won simply because it had the sense to destroy the individual and glorify the State. Literally. Worship of Roma was required for every citizen, then every Emperor became a God that you must worship, and that was the predominant factor that caused them to purge Christians. There was mandatory authoritarian religion of an anti-nature statist cult. They too burned the groves of the Celts and Germanics and replaced them with open-air indoor structures whenever they got a foothold. It's a church with less walls.

Roman religion laid the foundation for Christianity. Frankly, the religion seems like a Roman psyop as a last-ditch effort to keep their crumbling empire together, and it was a cancerous amalgamation of the worst of paganism with a slave cult. And it did work for a while. But eventually even an extremely authoritartian religion couldn't keep up with the bloated bureaucratic corpse empire.

Also odd you're worshipping a conquering State, when you've been very anti-American elsewhere. (My political opinion is consitently "America can, and should, fuck off from the world stage")

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i'm interested to hear your take on mithraism's potential role in advancing technology. i know that info on it is basically limited to 1 surviving papyrus that reminds me personally of a lot of hermeticism/mysticism, which hasn't typically struck me as favoring "control over the natural elements," so much as recognizing one's role within that. do you think personal mysticism favors a philosophy of industrialization? i always thought philosophies and religions favoring the collective would generally favor technology as well.

It is very similar in Hermeticism. And probably was just that. Evola and Guenon made that connection originally and there are no other people more knowledgeable about both topics. And like in alchemy the transformation of oneself into something greater. The Bull slaying is meant literally.

Similar to "Riding the Tiger" to become the master of everything and being triumphant despite the poor environment. I wrote much about it in another thread but the butthurt christian mod deleted it, so I don't feel much compelled to write it again.

Industrialisation is in the current Zeitgeist synonymous with exploitative practices and monetary gains. In the context of Mithraism or Sol Invictus it would mean the further transcendence of the people. "To reach Sol himself" very simple put. Hinduism has a spiritual similar concept in Karma Yoga or advaita vedanta, that all work should be done aimed at transcendence, at spiritual growth and ultimate knowledge as instead of aimed to the below and satisfying only the most base desire like food, shelter and sex.

Not to do work and achievements because of its fruits, but to do them for the sake of doing it. Not to fly to the moon to see if theres people there or to beat your rival, but flying to the moon simply so you do it. To have another frontier conquered. To lift the veil, to be certain. To find something you can't find here and so on.

They had already lost them.

I am not a fan of the Roman Empire (vs Kingdom or Republic). Its major technological improvement was a centralized industrial state. It was overfixated on extending its boundaries to the point where it inevitably collapsed, because its economy relied on expansionism to grow. (Does that remind anyone of anything? Maybe some modern economic models...?)

Rome generally did not have superior technologies, it stole them. The classic "Roman" helmet was Gaulish in design. The Gladius was Celtiberian. The Gauls had superior plough designs. The Gauls used soap to bathe in lieu of the "civilized" Roman method of oiling, sweating, and scraping off the skin. Building designs and mythologies were largely taken from the Greeks. Individual Celts and Germanics were superior to Roman soldiers as the State progressed, because all civilizations drain the life of their people with bureaucracy and luxury. Rome's remarkable trait (and it is actually remarkable) was its ability to steal things from other groups and integrate it well, and the Empires that came after followed that.

Rome conquered and won simply because it had the sense to destroy the individual and glorify the State. Literally. Worship of Roma was required for every citizen, then every Emperor became a God that you must worship, and that was the predominant factor that caused them to purge Christians. There was mandatory authoritarian religion of an anti-nature statist cult. They too burned the groves of the Celts and Germanics and replaced them with open-air indoor structures whenever they got a foothold. It's a church with less walls.

Roman religion laid the foundation for Christianity. Frankly, the religion seems like a Roman psyop as a last-ditch effort to keep their crumbling empire together, and it was a cancerous amalgamation of the worst of paganism with a slave cult. And it did work for a while. But eventually even an extremely authoritartian religion couldn't keep up with the bloated bureaucratic corpse empire.

Also odd you're worshipping a conquering State, when you've been very anti-American elsewhere. (My political opinion is consitently "America can, and should, fuck off from the world stage")

Yes definitely. I'm not worshipping them though, it's more as a case study. A cautionary tale. And also to show how very much different our europe could have been, if instead Mithraism prevailed. Instead of christianity that labelled each and everything thats different as heretical and satanical. That killed people in gruesome ways for inventing things or researching anything other than their retarded teachings. Making them convert by the sword and destroyed more culture than the romans ever could. And which they rarely did, rather they incorporated it.

However to say that the Roman and Germans up north were mortal enemies and it was the civilised Romans vs the Barbarian Germans is a modern conception and a very primitive one. Similar to saying that the UK, Germany and France are all 3 mortal enemies that only go to war with each other. And depending on which point in history you look one of them is winning, one is losing one is allying the other and ousting the 3rd and so one. When it was and is much more than this. For example that the british royal family were and are germans and the french also were related to them, yet they still all went to war with each other. But thats a topic for a different thread

Virtual Cafe Awards