Aral
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About Agora Gang Tags

• Tennessee and California, whose poses gave me the hardest time while I was drawing, but they turned out better than I expected.

Those two were quite a close pair of sisters, though they had their moments here and there, especially since sometimes one liked one ship and the other didn't and then argument about why X sucks, why are you even friends with her, but no she has this or that quality, and all. Both survived Pearl, but California was sunk and even after repairs, lost part of her hearing and remained with chronic pain from the damage her vessel had endured until the end of her life. Tennessee had to fight two wars, the actual one, but also supporting her beloved Pennsylvania, who she had been with since the 1930s, and was completely broken after Arizona's violent demise. She even thought of leaving her because at times it was just too hard to process her own trauma (she was almost undamaged but saw everything, which was horrifying in itself, + survivor's guilt) and in addition supporting her lover, but she stayed, and it was the right decision. At the end it's Penn who left her after the war, because she thought she was protecting her in the process and setting her free to explore new options in the mothball fleet, but Tennessee, until the day she died, missed her dearly, each anniversary more painful than the last. The two sisters were mothballed together for 12 years, before scrapping.

tennessee california.png
    Happy Victory Day, everyone!
    赤い男
    赤い男
    Un brindis para todos aquellos que dieron sus vidas para salvar al mundo del mal encarnado, Feliz dia de la victoria para ti también.
    Elbe Day – History of Sorts
    LiraTirsoCaduceo
    LiraTirsoCaduceo
    Pero la CIA sigue ahi
    赤い男
    赤い男
    La CIA está en todos lados, nada nuevo bajo el sol.
    There's something kinda mysterious I've experienced my whole life, and I wonder if anyone else has.

When I listen now to songs I used to put on repeat in some periods of my life (including childhood) and that are in a language I either didn't understand at the time or that I still don't understand, and that I see the translated lyrics or just understand now, it turns out they were perfectly fitting for what I was going through at the time they were my favourites. It's always baffled me. I had the same with symbolism in my mind that would come out seemingly out of nowhere when I was a teen, and looking back I see the connection, but the case of the songs that I couldn't possibly know were perfectly fitting always felt so weird to me. It can't be background knowledge as I don't know the languages. Maybe music is the universal language here?
    There's a fun fair in the town square and passing by, I saw they had those waterball thingies that they inflate with 15min worth of air and put you inside so you can roll on the water. That shit is my worst fucking nightmare, no one could get me to get inside no matter how many million euros they promise to pay me for going. Like I'd rather fucking walk on a minefield and possibly get blown up than go inside that thing. Minefields don't trigger your latent claustrophobia, lol.

Hell I even thought they had disappeared, I remember seeing a lot of them like 10 years ago.
    I made some chibi heads for my shipgirls yesterday night (without Costa Concordia/HMS Victory, though I might make them too at some point?), so I could use them in little memes like that. I'll add more as more are being designed :D

Also took this as an opportunity to edit some designs a bit, ie Yamato's got longer hair, or some skintones were slightly edited because in the OG design they looked a little too light or cool.

Attachments

• are you alright.png
      are you alright.png
      371.3 KB · Views: 2
    • homework.png
      homework.png
      364.1 KB · Views: 2
    • substitute.png
      substitute.png
      397.1 KB · Views: 1
    • thunderstorm.png
      thunderstorm.png
      219.3 KB · Views: 2
    Weird how I couldn't eat a couple weeks ago, but now I'm like a goddamn bottomless pit. lol
    赤い男
    赤い男
    Try to consume high amounts of protein aral, sounds like a gymbro tip (i'm one B), but in reality protein can make you feel way more satiated for less. Consuming protein-rich foods has been shown to increase feelings of fullness and reduce appetite, some types of ingredients i suggest you to add to your diet that could help a lot.

chicken, lean beef, and seafood, eggs, greek yogurts, bananas, beans, cheese, Tofu, nuts, avocado, oatmeal, soy milk/high protein whole milk, and if your local store sells it, edamames. those things have crazy protein values. (could also suggest peanut butter, but that thing is crazy high in calories)

I will also suggest if it is like something more prolonged, protein powder, but i doubt it get that bad, if you ended up getting worried is always good to check up with a nutritonist, still i don't see it much as a problem, here a hungry person is a sign of health jakldlskja so i'm happy for your recovery and hope your apettite gets to normal levels.
    • Love
    Reactions: Aral
    赤い男
    赤い男
    And if you are happy with hunger, well that's good too, everyone loves to eat. I'm doing intermitent fasting and is great. :tou2:
    • Love
    Aral, I'm writing here to tell you as a reminder that I fucking loved your art on agora draws thread! Fucking hell oh my God. We love ships, we love ship ships, we love lady ships and lady ship ships in love! Bless.
    Double status but oh boy, oh boy. My 17 year old self is so happy. I used to ship those two girls from Girls und Panzer, but back when I was doing so, no one else did. In the meantime an OAV came out where they get to interact more with each other (their schools face each other in battle I reckon) and now I see this same ship that I had predicted popping up. I legitimately feel the fucking best when I see that. I've long stopped watching that anime, but I am so happy people caught up when it seemed no one would ever get it.

Most importantly it's this picture that I freaking love because it reminds me of an old one I had done in that period. I don't know whether the artist took inspiration from mine or if it's just a coincidence but this fills me with such a joy. The joy of feeling understood, you know? Finally, my teenage self is not so lonely anymore.

The pic, then my own (you can see the Aral style budding here, heh).

1713818747951.png1713818828717.png
    Musashi meets her Azur Lane counterpart...
    She's going to ask her if they explode when you touch them, lol. Other Musashi is surprised to find a human instead of a mythical creature in front of her.
    musashi musashi al.png
    After a week or so of playing Azur Lane, the dorm is starting to get nice. You start out with a rundown room and I farmed the hell out of decor tokens to be able to buy new flooring and furniture because I couldn't stand this shit looking like that. I could've used gems (RL currency) since you get some for free with missions, but I used them up on increasing the number of shipgirls you can put in here for passive exp and morale.

dorm.pngI just focus on getting my favourite ships and sometimes appreciate new character designs that are good, and it gave me something to do during the time I was kinda sick and not really had the mojo to draw. Besides, it gives me ideas for the future, like for example with Japanese ships (Hiei is sleeping and I grew attached to her because she was the first battleship I got in the game).
    I'm careful about eating too much at a time and crying victory as I'm eating a small lunch right now, but I feel ravenous after those few days eating so little. Like as I was getting ready the only thing I could think about was the bottomless pit in my stomach and feeling weak when standing up for too long. I guess that's a good sign.
    Good news, I'm feeling better today, woke up hungry and am not feeling sick anymore. And had a weird dream concerning prostitutes (no actual action) that perhaps confirms hormones had something to do with it. Lol
    VaporwaveHistorian
    VaporwaveHistorian
    All aside, I'm gkad you're feeling better! Bless you Aral!
    赤い男
    赤い男
    Look at the bright side, you can always go to the dutch red district, best in europe :tou2:

Just kidding but seriously, hope you can completely recover soon!
    Aral
    Aral
    @Меченый Яков Yeah, I don't know how I'd feel about it. I want to do this with someone I love and who loves me, even if it feels really out of reach considering I still feel I don't deserve a woman's love or that they can't be attracted to **me**, that I'm doomed to have to settle for a man at some point and have my mind elsewhere 100% of the time. I don't know how I'd feel if the itch was scratched purely sexually, but without any love attached to it. I'd be afraid of the experience being ultimately unfulfilling and making me feel worse, because then that'd mean it wasn't real still, she didn't have sex with me because she liked me, because she genuinely loved me and found me attractive and desirable, but because I paid for it and that was her job. And then I'd feel like the closest I can get to a woman is paying her, that at the end of the day, it's still not because I'm lovable or desirable.

Might be coming down with something, I have hardly any appetite, feel miserable after just a few bites or even drinking water, I keep food down but if I wasn't afraid of throwing up, I'd probably have barfed at least once by now, and even my morning tea just makes me feel urgh. Thought it was ovulation but idk. No fever, checked and double checked. Fear makes my shoulders hard as rock lol. Been like this since yesterday and hoped that I'd be hungry in the morning, but nope. Like even right now I'm just... uughghh. Not feeling well at all. Not letting it out unless I really cannot hold it in anymore.

That being said, I'm pretty sure it's limited to the stomach, if there's really any issue and not just hormones fucking with me. I ate something with a shit fucking ton of cheese and béchamel a couple days ago, and I wonder if it hasn't upset my stomach, or if the ham had really not taken a bit too much sun coming back from the store. Either way Aral's gonna gorge on ginger.
    赤い男
    赤い男
    Seriously aral, if it get worse you should consider to check out with the doctor, you might never know until you go.
    • THIS
    IlluminatiPirate
    IlluminatiPirate
    get well soon :agsmile:
    • Love
    Aral
    Aral
    Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a little better as of now, had a small dinner after spending a few hours without eating and I'm feeling fine right now. IDK if it's just that I needed to rest my stomach a bit or if it's really the antacids (could be a placebo?), or both, but I think I should be good to go. No throwing up also, which is good. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be 100% back to normal.
    New York's post released
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…