2024 Discussion and Prediction Thread

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
There will be no nuclear war, this year and at least the next 5 years. Doesn't mean one or 2 bombs won't be used.

Also I predict this year, (you) will again be sitting on your fat arse, cozy in your warm home and complain all day about what's so wrong and bad instead of doing something about it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SundryKlepto453

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
here's mine, lots of assumptions
- Oprah finally kicks the bucket
- "Accelerationism" becomes a mainstream idea, seeps into culture at large
- Nietzsche will fall out of popularity as 'prophet of modern times'
- A.I. will tap into domains and markets that people hadn't considered before as the process is streamlined and their applicability extended
- I will read Deleuze and Guattari to understand the global schizophrenia that ravaged before but, in 2024, will subside a little bit
- First New Age cult co-led by A.I.
- Aliko Dangote will reach top 50 richest people in the world by end of 2024 / We'll see a surge in super rich Africans
- Bryan Johnson has heart attack, just unexpectedly keels over and dies one day
- Xi Jinping gets assassinated as part of internal Chinese Government power conflicts. News sources say he is taking "extended hiatus" as Wang Huning takes rightful place on the throne after decade long plan comes to fruition. India will over
- I2P and Freenet will become more popular
- Amount of CCTV cameras in London will surpass amount of citizens
- Olympics held on Antarctica
- The platypus goes extinct
- The Syzygy will slowly repolarize again (traditional, healthy male & female archetypes revitalized)(this is already happening)
- New grand scale A.I. manufactured psyops will try to divide people more, their vector of attack will be not be based on politics or economics but something else
- Global rise in Nationalism as conservative politicians continue to win elections and we'll see a slow de-globalization trend start to take shape
- Jeff Bezos will unveil plans to begin construction on giant obsidian Pyramid in Aristarchus crater on the moon, news sources will be unsure what to make of his intentions
- Huge technological advancements in the field of Bioengineering. Deus Ex Universal Constructor type shit. CRISPSR combined with 3D printing. Next big market: bioengineering
- Next big market will also be robotics as companies try to capitalize on and bridge the gap between power of A.I. and physical work
- Martin Scorsese will direct another fucking movie

since there is 11/13-years cycle of Chaos, this year will be, probably, similar to the one in 2011-2013!
anyone except me noticed that?

2025: will WEF/technocrats win over with some new capture of another crisis? mayyyyyyyybe, but i am afraid to tell what that could be. thxfully tho, human dumbness slows, or fastens things up for/against TEH PLANZ...

Virtual Cafe Awards

vulonkaaz

Pure Love
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vulonkaaz.zip
2024 will be the year when I finally stop being depressed and mentally ill inshallah

new technologies for storing electricity will be released, way more potent and cost effective than lithium-ion, making a petrol-free future way more plausible

russians will continue to waste money and lives trying to fight ukraine like the idiots they are

twitter will continue to run even tho the site ain't making no money at all, everyone will wonder how that thing is still running, a lot of staff will be fired

nvidia will continue to sell overpriced GPUs cause AI fags will keep buying them

95% of new content on the Internet will be AI generated

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
2024 will be the year of apathy caused by a failing economy and the environmental panic burnout that we've endured for a decade.

All the people concerned by the planet's health will go back to buying disposeable plastics, believing that what they do pales in comparison to corporate action. This in turn drives corporate action to create more plastics, resulting in an acceleration of polution.

2025-2026 sees an increase in destructive hedonism as a result.

The apathy afflicts identity politics with a "live and let live" attitude. Without this friction the LGBTQIA+ communities have nothing to fight and become norms. The next sex war will be something more extreme like furries and pedos but even weirder.

Apathy will eventually give way to meaninglessness and we'll see the emergence of new or revived social rituals to try to construct meaning.

The year summary by most news outlets will be that nothing happened and that it was an uneventful year with a background of climate dread and austerity.

Oh and we'll have a new financial scam like AI and NFTs because apparently we need one of those a year now.

Virtual Cafe Awards
2024 will be the year of apathy caused by a failing economy and the environmental panic burnout that we've endured for a decade.

All the people concerned by the planet's health will go back to buying disposeable plastics, believing that what they do pales in comparison to corporate action. This in turn drives corporate action to create more plastics, resulting in an acceleration of polution.

2025-2026 sees an increase in destructive hedonism as a result.

The apathy afflicts identity politics with a "live and let live" attitude. Without this friction the LGBTQIA+ communities have nothing to fight and become norms. The next sex war will be something more extreme like furries and pedos but even weirder.

Apathy will eventually give way to meaninglessness and we'll see the emergence of new or revived social rituals to try to construct meaning.

The year summary by most news outlets will be that nothing happened and that it was an uneventful year with a background of climate dread and austerity.

Oh and we'll have a new financial scam like AI and NFTs because apparently we need one of those a year now.
my words, i couldnt let myself spoke those (better) out properly
(i am feelings-based)

Virtual Cafe Awards

幽邃森林

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Social media site traffic declines further as bots continue to spam AI generated content.

Microsoft releases windows 12 with offerings that configure how much of the OS is hosted on the cloud. As time goes on, more of the OS will gradually be exclusively available on the cloud as it prepares to extract marketing and training data for ai and lock in users to a subscription model.

Polonius

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My predictions (Negative)
-People will generally just continue to do what talking heads tell them to, as trends have generally indicated for the last, well, forever.
-Politics will remain controlled by the ever-undefined 'they.' (elections are either rigged or opposition is crippled in office)
-War in the Middle-East?
-Epstein logs get scrubbed.
-Something WORLDSHATTERINGOMGWUTSHAPPININHYEARAWNUUUUU happens in the news and is immediately forgotten.
-Media hype of civil war, followed by it being immediately forgotten just like the TX fiasco lately.
-Psyops, honey pots, regulations, legislations, molestation.

(Positive)
-I finish my first book or a decent draft of it.
-Find decent regular employment.
-Get to watch low-quality TV and laugh at its inadequacies.
-Some quality video game comes out.
-Memes.
-By some retro games that are fun, hopefully enjoy them, but not game as much as I used to.
-Pretty sunrises and sunsets.
-Birds continue to sing.
-Flowers continue to bloom.

On the utmost possible Whitepill, I can't say I think its impossible for more people to keep 'waking up' as they have been for a while lately, they just have to not get caught into any of the 'auxiliary nets' or fall into despair or whatever.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cology

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
  • We'll start to see politicians campaigning on an internet-focused platform. Narrowly, AI regulation, ensuring free speech, etc., but perhaps some will even begin to talk about problems that are only discussed online like male sexlessness and alienation.
  • 2010s nostalgia
  • Lifestyle influencers try to cut out cults of personality. Perhaps new cults spawn.