1704083629341.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
I think agora will hit 10,000 members, and I think all of those members will have a good year. I have a good feeling about 2024, maybe it's because it's an even number, but I think we're on the up right now PepSiDawgwitcan

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I think agora will hit 10,000 members
Very unlikely, idk how we managed to keep a consistence number of 1000 users per year lmao, no matter how big we got, the amount of users that join the road is still the same, if we are lucky we might get 6500-7000 max this year.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cobalt

Cairnkicker
Reaction score
Awards
I was gonna say who I thought would win the 2024 US presidential election but honestly its so up in the air right now. A ton of people are unhappy with Biden and the Democrats, but also a lot of people don't want Trump back for various reasons, but also other candidates haven't been able to drum up enough widespread support yet. It'll be an interesting election. I genuinely worry about civil unrest depending on how things swing.

Also I predict the Cleveland Guardians are going to the world series this year and Cobalt getting a girlfriend :DDDD

Virtual Cafe Awards

InternetGeist

Industrial Revolution Enjoyer
Reaction score
Awards
It will be the year of Linux Desktop.

Very unlikely, idk how we managed to keep a consistence number of 1000 users per year lmao, no matter how big we got, the amount of users that join the road is still the same, if we are lucky we might get 6500-7000 max this year.
User numbers are quite deceptive for a forum if a majority of them is not active. We can go as high as we hope but in the end it would just be a bigger ghost town :melsd:

Virtual Cafe Awards

microbyte

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
microbyte.neocities.org
User numbers are quite deceptive for a forum if a majority of them is not active. We can go as high as we hope but in the end it would just be a bigger ghost town :melsd:
I bet Agora's gonna get a bunch of ex-social media users who join for the novelty, and then get weirded out by the lack of censorship and corporatism and then leave.

It'll be an interesting election. I genuinely worry about civil unrest depending on how things swing.
Yeah that's my main prediction too. We're gonna start getting election drama soon, and it's all gonna be ramped up by the hordes of AI bullshitters (See: https://invidious.io.lol/watch?v=5KG2aF1k4pI). And everything's gonna get more divided, and people will hate each other even more. Disconnecting from social media and controversy will be rendered essentially impossible.
I think 2024 will be a year of bs and fighting.

InternetGeist

Industrial Revolution Enjoyer
Reaction score
Awards
I bet Agora's gonna get a bunch of ex-social media users who join for the novelty, and then get weirded out by the lack of censorship and corporatism and then leave.
That is basically what happened to Fediverse. It got flooded by bitter Twitter refugees and they ended up abandoning it and going back to the shithole anyway.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Politics:

- With the US election in full swing a lot of terminally online people are going to act like jackasses for a few months, there'll be a few 'scandals' that nobody will care about next year and nothing will change because Joe Biden and Donald Trump are just useless figureheads.

- The Israel/Palastinian conflict will gradually die down, and will be forgotten.

- The Ukraine/Russia conflict will remain a stalemate, with neither side able to secure a decisive advantage and there will be only minor shifts in the front line.

Entertainment:

- Disney will produce absolutely nothing of value, and it will start to become apparent that large corporations churning out formulaic superhero and Star Wars movies isn't going to make them any money in the near future. Emphasis on 'start to become' because I don't think studio execs are going to pull their heads out of their asses and actually try to change things up until it's too late.

- AI art will remain contentious, but legal. Artists may start to embrace certain tools such as photoshop's Generative Fill, but the art community at large will not accept tools that can theoretically be used to replace them like Midjourney. As the technology matures, larger business will start to integrate it into their pipelines. This won't cause an apocalyptic loss of jobs like the art community is predicting but art as a whole will lose a lot of its prestige.

- Companies will continue to push their own streaming services. They won't really generate a profit, but the assumption will be that they'll somehow pay off later. Piracy will make them their bitch.

- Elon Musk will do or say something controversial. Twitter users will leave the site in droves for a few days then quietly come back. This may happen more than once. Twitter will continue to lose its value, though a company like that doesn't really die overnight and ultimately Twitter will remain a big nothingburger.

Technology:

- Advances in AI will continue, but at a slower pace. Investors will keep investing, but there will be less excitement since things will start to plateau.

- People will start tweeting about something BIG related to UFOs/UAPs. It'll turn out to be a complete nothingburger and nobody will give a shit the next week.

Reaction score
Awards
It will be the year of Linux Desktop.

I wasn't talking about active users, just members that joined the road, because active, idk, 35 at most. PepSiDawgwitcan

Virtual Cafe Awards

Digital Cheese

Learning German Lets Gooooo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
digitalcheese.xyz
Agora:
- I will reach 500 posts or more
- Will establish myself more as a schizo-poster

Other Internet Stuff:
- Twitter will "die" for the millionth time
- Adolf Hitler Social Will Take Over Twitter

My Own Life:
- I will eat pizza before the end of the month

Virtual Cafe Awards

. . . ...

Dārio Valyrio Valyriat
Reaction score
Awards

wwwdotcom

w e b 1.0
Reaction score
Awards
My predictions:

- Something unusual will happen with the elections, like it won't happen when it should (get postponed) for some reason.
- Hollywood will weaken even more. Public will show less interest in celebrities.
- More people will be trying to get away from constantly being connected (so deleting social media, replacing smartphone with dumbphone, etc.) This has already been happening slowly, but I think there'll be a huge shift towards this.
-- This includes the reimmergence of niche/standalone FORUMS like this one, instead of general, all purpose social media platforms. So think Facebook groups but as a forum.
-- Many more basic HTML/CSS (web 1.0) sites will get created. Because Google buries those, people will use alternative earch engines to find these sites. Also, site classifieds will come back into fashion (think old Yahoo where you browse through categories to find sites). And only web 1.0 sites are allowed on these new search engine. Marginalia may be it. It's a great search engine for these types of sites.
- Some sort of new program to help people get medical services for much cheaper. This'll mostly target people who are uninsured for whatever reason (reason doesn't matter).
- Krogers closes a lot of stores. Walmart struggles. ALDI and Trader Joe's opens more stores and replace larger, more well-known grocery stores.
- Putin has major medical emergency that takes him out of commission... possibly permanently.
- A new strange illness spreads. It comes from animals. Causes a panic... for a short while. Then dies down in the news, like it never happened.
- Major lawsuit against Starbucks and AT&T. Possibly class action against AT&T.
- Jon Benet Ramsay case is officially closed (solved).

Virtual Cafe Awards