favorite non-vaporwave music?

• Thread starter shae
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4465 times.

shae

satanic mechanic
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
artists, genres, albums, playlists, whatever you want to share. I listen to a little bit of everything but i'm a big fan of alternative and rock. lately i've been enjoying a lot of indie pop too. WILLOW has been on repeat for me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Steingar

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

shae

satanic mechanic
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Based on your interests, literally everything by Talking Heads, anything by the Smiths, Joy Division, Dismemberment Plan, maybe Guided by Voices if you're into Lofi, and REM (especially Automatic for the People).

good stuff!! i love the talking heads. i've heard a lot of people talk about neutral milk hotel but i never listened to them until now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

H1ssss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
a-fortress-high.neocities.org
Based on your interests, literally everything by Talking Heads, anything by the Smiths, Joy Division, Dismemberment Plan, maybe Guided by Voices if you're into Lofi, and REM (especially Automatic for the People).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmU1W8Yc4BI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6T_X7MXg40&list=PL8oAJzPXGW50wuLQY09de_EF6H9aEXGxv

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LULmbLlPvVk&list=PLvvYbSnvWWLFDQfDnFNYPVbnmb3YjA0pu

Someones been using /mu/ lately haha

Virtual Cafe Awards

Steingar

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Someones been using /mu/ lately haha
Haha believe it or not I got into all these artists ages ago purely through music magazines and friends/family recs, no internet input at all. That being said, I have seen the kind of music that is popular in online hipster-core circles and...yeah, it's the same.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

like everything? i actually listen to vaporwave only rarely. im here because i feel my music fits into the genre, though maybe only peripherally (more electronica and synthpop)

my true musical passions are classic rock (like Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple), funk (like Prince or Funkadelic) and of course early electronica (YMO, Sketch Show, Kraftwerk)

there is quite of bit of folk, jazz, pop, etc thrown in and stuff too

my main spotify playlist is a disasterpiece of genres

H1ssss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
a-fortress-high.neocities.org
Haha believe it or not I got into all these artists ages ago purely through music magazines and friends/family recs, no internet input at all. That being said, I have seen the kind of music that is popular in online hipster-core circles and...yeah, it's the same.
taste 100

Virtual Cafe Awards

//vokz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Probably either jazz or noise rock in pretty much any form!! Only because I used to play in a jazz combo in high school and then joined a noise rock band in college.
//
I'll never forget when I was like 19?? I drove a state away to have a jam session with a friend and his buddy who studied jazz drumming at the New England Conservatory in Boston, MA. I was on bass as usual, but I didn't have to use the upright at least, just my electric. The first thing out of drummer boy's mouth when he saw me was a compliment. I was wearing my Sonic Youth Washing Machine tee, and he complimented me for it. Apparently, in his three years at the conservatory, he once had the opportunity to jam the final track from the Washing Machine album with a couple friends who also happened to like Sonic Youth. A 20 minute noisey, chaotic, and yet elegant symphony of guitar static, distorted melodies, and percussive flow entitled "The Diamond Sea".
//
We ended up getting really crossfaded and tried to do the opposite. Instead of covering or jamming noise rock in a music conservatory student style, we picked a very simple blues form based, but extremely fast tempo, John Coltrane track titled "Mr. PC" (named after his long time bass player, Paul Chambers) and tried to cover it noise rock style!!
washingmachine.png

Virtual Cafe Awards