How long until "Based" is as ubiquitous as "Woke"

associate 4chan with racism, hacking, and even more racism.
Anonymous left 4chan back in 2014 tho. All they do is raid other places for the lulz and shitpost each other. As for racism, it's mostly shitpost. I blame /pol/ for tricking a bunch of summerfags and newfags for baiting them into their ideologies.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Craige

Imperator
Reaction score
Awards
There's an implication to this that I like. "Woke" used to be a term some left-leaning people used to describe themselves, but ever since right-wingers have started using it as a kind of pejorative I rarely hear it in its original use anymore. "Based" being as ubiquitous makes me feel like it would get the same treatment, which would be interesting.

Craige

Imperator
Reaction score
Awards
I'd say you're pretty spot on. But one thing that sets woke apart is that I don't think it can be passed off as ironic. Whereas based you can say in response to something said in either hyperbolic jest or earnestly.

Woke is either a label for oneself who can see certain ways the general system is rigged, or it is spun as an insult towards openly leftist practices, especially when it comes to corporations/globhomo. It feels like "Marxist" has become the new buzzword to replace "woke," even if both terms aren't always being attributed appropriately.

So while talking heads on Fox News may say "the woke democrats," I don't think you'll ever hear the pundits on CNN say "the based republicans" in the same manner.
that would be a hilarious CNN clip though

Digital Cheese

Learning German Lets Gooooo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
digitalcheese.xyz
seems like its already happening. most usage of based ive seen now has been from influencers and people who clearly dont know how politics work. it was getting annoying for me anyways though so its not a huge loss for me.
Unbased influencers.
(they're never based but they're especially gay now)

Virtual Cafe Awards