how should act in a nightclub

Mexslam

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i like nightclubs but I don't have any friends to go to the club lately that's why i cant go alone but i want to go how should i behave and how can i start a conversation as a guy I don't know what to do and I want to meet new people

I-330

certified loon
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
i330.dev
2 words, glowsticks and mdma. Leave the rest to chance. (/j because Poe's law or sumtin)

But fr, just act yourself and try to have a good time. Try to talk to people who seem open to conversation and try to appear open yourself. (But yeah, going with people you know is usually easier)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I've found that yelling that you have a bomb is a good way to get people's attention.

Other than that, I socialize with the people around me in the line outside to try and tag along with them or at least have some friendly faces to run into later.

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
idk about you but I like to DANCE
I'm not particularly good at it but I get high groove and have fun

I never understood why people go to clubs to talk. Its literally one of the worst environments to talk to people. If your goal is to meet new people consider a different environment/activity, there are much better outlets.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
i like nightclubs but I don't have any friends to go to the club lately that's why i cant go alone but i want to go how should i behave and how can i start a conversation as a guy I don't know what to do and I want to meet new people
Most conversations happen outside when people go for a smoke, h00 is right about the inside of a club not being a great place for talking to people, the loud music and all...
Telling people to take drugs is cancer.
I got tricked into going to a nightclub once and ended up doing this, it works.
Did you put on your prettiest pink cat costume? the one with the fluffy fur?

Virtual Cafe Awards

[Tr4sh_Kun]

(Kinda) Social Isolationist
Reaction score
Awards
Dress as flamboyantly as possible, get as drunk as you possibly can and vomit in the middle of the dancefloor and then get into a fistfight with the guy selling drugs at the bathroom

Virtual Cafe Awards

Regal

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Serious advice - If you're trying to make friends or date people, don't go to the club. It is really hard to meet people at the club and those you do aren't worth knowing.

Semi-serious advice - if you can, try clubbing in VRChat. I have had a lot of fun in it and the experience will somewhat line you up for success. Will at least let prepare you to just chill.

Additional semi-serious advice - You unironically have a Sonic profile pic and are on Agora asking how to handle the club. You probably should avoid the club.

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Some GREAT things to say:
"STAND BACK FOOL, I HAVE A BOMB!"
"Two guns, bitch!"
"Our planet is yourd to dominate, great masters and overlords"
"I can trigger an explosion using the power winch"

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I've never been to a club (except the jazz club around here :gigachad: (but that doesnt count)) but it seems to be literally the worst place to try to find friends. but it's also kind of sad that there arent many alternatives to people just wanting to have a good time with the community living near them

Virtual Cafe Awards
I've never been to a club (except the jazz club around here :gigachad: (but that doesnt count)) but it seems to be literally the worst place to try to find friends. but it's also kind of sad that there arent many alternatives to people just wanting to have a good time with the community living near them
This is my primary blocker against finding a good pang-wife to raise my 16 panglings. I have the mega-corp job, and the charisma down pat. What else is needed?

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
This is my primary blocker against finding a good pang-wife to raise my 16 panglings. I have the mega-corp job, and the charisma down pat. What else is needed?
in my own personal experiences, I got lucky and married my high school sweetheart. So git gud in the past or I have no advice on that front, as much as I would like to pretend I have a grasp on the modern dating scene :agcrybl:

Virtual Cafe Awards

sleepwalker

Rogue 0f Blo0d
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
nhkhq.neocities.org
If you smoke, find the other smokers and bond over cancer/ganja.

Alternatively for the clean breathing: If you don't got stones just be a regular and hang near particularly talkative friendly drunks that don't seem aggressive (yes i want to stress this). If ya do, find excuses to speak someone like overhearing loud nonpersonal nonbusiness conversations, dancing, or speaking to anyone who dares sit next to you at the bar.

Buncha stuff really, just go at your own speed and sooner or later one of the regulars will notice you and try to get to know ya.

Virtual Cafe Awards

masked assailant

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Seconding everything said about the inside of clubs not being great for conversations. Loud sound systems aside, people inside nightclubs are generally wary of strangers, don't want to stray from friends, etc. Now being the guy in the smoking section with a lighter - that's an excellent way to chat with randoms.

Club/Venue/Rave etiquette is extremely contextual. It helps to be familiar with what crowd a specific venue is marketed towards. Find like-minded people by looking for clubs and music spaces that curate artists and genres you enjoy. Resident Advisor, Shotgun, and 19hz are great resources (albeit super electronic music oriented).

Basically just do research and don't be creepy. And know your limit when it comes to alcohol/substances.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
show up, dance, talk to people in the smoking area when you go out for a cig (if you smoke) or when you overheat and need to be outside (if you don't smoke)

Virtual Cafe Awards