[Poll] When is the best time to start celebrating Christmas?

When is the best time to start celebrating Christmas?

• November 1st

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Day after Thanksgiving

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • December 1st

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Mid December

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

PraxHeadroom

Cyber Gnostic
Reaction score
Awards
After seeing the mixed response to the Agora Christmas theme being unveiled this early, I'm curious about everyone's opinion on what the correct time to celebrate Christmas is.
I personally prefer waiting a little to start celebrating, some time in the first week of December. Not because I hate Christmas or anything, but just because prolonging it over such a long stretch of time cheapens it and makes Christmas day (the actual important part) not seem so important.

My wife gets pissed whenever I say this, cause usually she wants to watch Christmas movies the day after Halloween.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
the best day 2 start celebrating christmas is whenever u feel like u need that xxtra boost of christmas energy tbh ... ive never rlly had a specific day that i start celebrating it ... its moar or less something that u ease into :p

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Filipinos start Christmas celebrations as early as September. Honestly, I think they're in the right

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
CktPicShow.jpg

I like Christmas but past a certain point the public celebrations, decorations, carols, etc. become obnoxious and depressing, especially the constant reminders that you're obligated to be extra-happy, extra-joyful, extra-festive, etc. for purely secular reasons just because it's December. It's oppressive and always has the opposite effect on me. A concentrated dose of sincere Christmas spirit starting in mid-December would be ideal, but instead they have to stretch it out for more than a month to get people to buy more stuff.
Holidays in general are more special and fun if they're short and to the point instead of being dragged out.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
I like to start thinking about it before Thanksgiving to start thinking more about holiday gifts that I want to get for everyone. But actual decorations and all of that? Save it for mid-December. I haven't even had any pumpkin pie yet!

Virtual Cafe Awards

imnotdeadyet

Pseudoanonymized internet husk
Reaction score
Awards
Website
downbytheseaside.neocities.org
Seems like every year people are willing to put up decorations and start celebrating earlier and earlier, I get holiday cheer and all but it just makes it less special. Save it for December.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
The world is getting more depressing and depressing, THEREFORE, the general public wants to be quicker and quicker in a christmas mood because everyone is supposed to be happy during that. I do get my christmas spirit hyped up on december 1st, I just really enjoy winter and I enjoy people being nice to me again, even if it's forced, it makes me feel normal

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
I just really enjoy winter and I enjoy people being nice to me again, even if it's forced, it makes me feel normal

We're allowed to be mean to you every other time of the year?
weeaboo.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
To me is the last week of november, because when i was in school we didn't have summer vacations, so our vacations went from 23th of november, to 23th of february. So my mind hardcoded the idea of christmas mood starting from 23th of november, to 1st of january (even tho that's new year)

But tbh i always thought 1st of december is the most fitting one to start with the christmas mood, not literally 2 days after halloween, i really really hate christmas creep.
1700345381149.png

1700345399997.png

1700345424684.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Love Christmas desserts like eggnog, peppermint hot chocolate, etc, but the theme is definitely here too early. I think December 1st is okay, but after Thanksgiving at a minimum. It's still pumpkin spice season rn! I'm baking a pie tomorrow and cleaning up the fallen leaves in the backyard...

eve

Professional Loser
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
Love Christmas desserts like eggnog, peppermint hot chocolate, etc, but the theme is definitely here too early. I think December 1st is okay, but after Thanksgiving at a minimum. It's still pumpkin spice season rn! I'm baking a pie tomorrow and cleaning up the fallen leaves in the backyard...
sounds comfy as heck
honestly this is the best way 2 go about it tbh
so many ppl get excited over christmas and in the process forget how awesum halloween and thanksgiving and just autumn in general are ...

Virtual Cafe Awards

zetelica

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I celebrate christmas superficially (my family will decorate a christmas tree and give gifts even though were all completely non-religious lmao) but I hate insane decoration consoomerism and everything that comes with it. HOWEVER... I really like towns and cities being decorated in lights specifically. Parks, town centres etc. should all be decorated the moment we get out of daylight savings and nights arrive earlier because it breathes life into these areas that would otherwise look dark and depressing during the night.

Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
I really like towns and cities being decorated in lights specifically. Parks, town centres etc. should all be decorated the moment we get out of daylight savings and nights arrive earlier because it breathes life into these areas that would otherwise look dark and depressing during the night.
Not only that, but some downtown spots will have snow/ice sculptures that are simply fantastic
Team-Mogren-e1591028000145.jpg

e7296bcc-6bdf-42e3-a1af-65a8d5ff9fa3-Ice_Castle_Carving_Competition_at_Rice_Park.jpg
7e4a61a9-30bd-4e0f-a756-60581d0c5a31-More_Ice_Castle_Carving_Competition.jpg
02d523b9-773e-455b-9d91-9b96e4741495-Wisch_Snow_Park_at_Night.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ticbow2003

Noisy brained
Reaction score
Awards
Website
brainnoises.neocities.com
Yeah, I personally think that the first week of December is the best time to start celebrating as, agreeing with OP, it cheapens it if you do it too early. However, ultimately it's really a to each their own situation (Unless I have to hear Mariah Carrey before December 1st, cause then I'm pissed).

Virtual Cafe Awards