The coffee thread. Come talk about your caffeine addiction.

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Haven't used a stove-top percolator, but had an electric one until just recently so it's close enough. Made excellent, actually hot coffee. Drip coffee in general is overrated TBH...

I somehow managed to break my electric percolator after 8 years of use (RIP), replaced it with a french press as a change of pace. Surprising how good coffee you can actually brew with it. French press, like the percolator is a chore to clean, but it's tolerable amount of effort since I only brew 2 mugs each morning. I have a coffee bean grinder too, but rarely buy anything fancy.
That's funny. Since I made that post the glass dome at the top of my peculator broke and I also ended up picking up a French press.

Virtual Cafe Awards

containercore

The Y2K bug was real, civilization ended in 1999
Reaction score
Awards
Website
brainiacplaza.net
Yep, it's time to make some coffee. Here's my coffee ritual.

XXZIard.png

I really like this logo alot. The coffee's pretty good too. It's grown by a farmer's collective in Mexico then roasted in Austin. It only comes in a dark roast but that's fine by me.
3A8V8Qz.png

I accidentally knocked over and broke my french press many moons ago and have been using a pourover cup ever since. It's important to grind the beans pretty thoroughly because if they're too coarse it doesn't get enough seeping time on the way down.
a3VDh8w.png

Yep, now that's what I call a cup of coffee.
CKYOv9p.png

Hopefully reading this was as exciting for you as writing it was for me. Would love to see your coffee setups, Agorans :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

imacop

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I judge a coffee shop by how their black coffee tastes. Strangely, despite my town being kinda lame and inward-facing, we have the second-best coffee I've ever tasted. I buy beans, grind them at home, and make pour-overs. Spoiled AF

HIPSTER WARNING:
1708796435873.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Hypet-Leathel
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.halopedia.org
I judge a coffee shop by how their black coffee tastes. Strangely, despite my town being kinda lame and inward-facing, we have the second-best coffee I've ever tasted. I buy beans, grind them at home, and make pour-overs. Spoiled AF

HIPSTER WARNING:
View attachment 90775
this aesthetic reminds me of being a scene kid but modernized

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deerhunter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
kind of a basic bitch in terms of what coffee i use which is those instant coffee cases you can find anywhere in the store. i specifically use this one
Great-Value-Medium-Dark-Roast-Decal-Colombian-Instant-Coffee-7-oz_305235aa-e245-460c-9b1d-6afe...png

i would usually use a somewhat small cooking pot to boil my water and use cinnamon sticks which makes it feel smoother and have some taste on it before i add the rest of the stuff on there. i dont usually have a lot of creamer so i usually use sugar or la lechera which is just condensed milk. i wouldn't mind brewing coffee myself one day that shit looks amazing at times.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Fig

Aimless Wanderer
Reaction score
Awards
Finally took the black(coffee)pill and have been somewhat enjoying it for the past few weeks. That is until one of my roommates did something to the machine and now my coffee tastes like it has cleaning chemicals in it... others have noticed the change in taste as well. Quite unforch.

Virtual Cafe Awards

2bias

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
bustello in a drip machine with salt, black. usually half a gallon to a gallon a day. on that Teddy Roosevelt (peace be upon him) grindset. i tried to quit once but missed the smile of my forefathers in the 7-11 toilet on my way to work.

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
What are good ways to make your coffee taste even better? I am working on perfecting my cup, my routine has been this for a while:
Buy grounds from local coffee shop, french press into mason jar, put it in the fridge for a day, add half+half and agave, drink
It's gotten pretty good but I feel like I could do much better. Thinking about maybe adding vanilla extract or cinnamon. Any advice?

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
What are good ways to make your coffee taste even better? I am working on perfecting my cup, my routine has been this for a while:
Buy grounds from local coffee shop, french press into mason jar, put it in the fridge for a day, add half+half and agave, drink
It's gotten pretty good but I feel like I could do much better. Thinking about maybe adding vanilla extract or cinnamon. Any advice?
I'm not particular when it comes to my coffee but my wife is, and she puts cinnamon into the grounds while brewing. Can't attest to this method myself, but you should try it and see what you think

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I love my coffee, and the sentiment is shared with both my older brother and mother. We're sort of coffee snobs.

I'm a huge fan of a semi local coffee roaster: DOMA Coffee. They have some good stuff, but I don't think you can go wrong with Stumptown coffee or Herkimer either (both Seattle based).

I think I have eight different different types of coffee makers but lately I've been favoring my Chemex (I got an ottomatic for it to let me be lazy), Aeropress, and a cheap espresso machine for lazy evening drinks (ICUIRE). During the warmer months, I also make batches of cold brew coffee (Japanese style maker) for my family and my offices - the biggest hit so far uses a vanilla bean to give it a nice taste.

I drink on average 3 to 4 cups a day. I don't get any of the benefits for helping me stay awake or anything like that. My family has a pretty high chemical tolerance so I just enjoy it for the taste. My wife on the other hand... I've had to look for some pretty nice decaf brews so she can enjoy some coffee with me in the evening while still being able to sleep later that night.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not particular when it comes to my coffee but my wife is, and she puts cinnamon into the grounds while brewing. Can't attest to this method myself, but you should try it and see what you think
I have never heard of putting cinnamon in the coffee but I'm going to try that this morning and see how it goes...thanks internet!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I drink on average 3 to 4 cups a day. I don't get any of the benefits for helping me stay awake or anything like that. My family has a pretty high chemical tolerance so I just enjoy it for the taste. My wife on the other hand... I've had to look for some pretty nice decaf brews so she can enjoy some coffee with me in the evening while still being able to sleep later that night.
What's been your fave decafs?

Also wow cinnamon really ramps up coffee. Good stuff. Pumpkin spice flavoring is for chumps.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Amadis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If youre pressing it then putting it in the fridge you might want to just cold brew and remove a step. Imo filtered water is better for coffee than tap so you could try that (assuming you dont).
also honey over agave

Digital Cheese

Learning German Lets Gooooo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
digitalcheese.xyz
Not a fan of coffee tbh, I just drink water. Unironically too, way better and you need it to survive anyways so might as well drink it only. Also, I've noticed that if I have a few cups or bottles of water, I generally can even get rid of headaches with little to no trouble. 10/10 drink, and it's available almost everywhere too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have never heard of putting cinnamon in the coffee but I'm going to try that this morning and see how it goes...thanks internet!
Hm. I wonder if you can just sprinkle some powdered cinnamon into the coffee machine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Unironically too, way better and you need it to survive anyways so might as well drink it only
nah bro, I drink around 3 liters of water a day and I still like my coffee in the mornings. Coffee is a treat and just because it's not necessary for survival doesn't mean that it's not something important

Virtual Cafe Awards

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
Tried this today, actually amazing. One of the best cups of coffee I've made in a while. Tell your wife thank you for me :)

Virtual Cafe Awards