the Origin and Meaning of Your Username

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 9866 times.

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

gwen

戈文
Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

andreixyz

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
andrei.xyz
That is not my name ;)
Hello, Blix.

OT: I've had various usernames over the years, some ranging from a virus name (I thought it was cool when I was twelve) and my last username was "random pixels, chosen when I was like 16 and doing photography, based on the idea that each photograph is just a collection of randomly-placed pixels on a grid. I've discontinued that and moved to my first name. I am who I am.

alix

Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Hello, Blix.

OT: I've had various usernames over the years, some ranging from a virus name (I thought it was cool when I was twelve) and my last username was "random pixels, chosen when I was like 16 and doing photography, based on the idea that each photograph is just a collection of randomly-placed pixels on a grid. I've discontinued that and moved to my first name. I am who I am.
That sounds like the name of a goofy alien

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Not gonna lie, at first i used to think it was because of alyx from half life lol, then i discovered alix is a real name which real people uses it and my brain couldn't process that information. :tou1:
I don't think anyone uses it. I might change my real name to it tho...

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
Hey as long as don't call yourself "Anastasia Burgos" i think any name will sound great. :tou1:
A todo esto que clase de apellido es burgos? Porqué existe ese apellido? Suena a pinche hamburguesa, no mamen.

"si hola, mi apellido es burgos, soy una persona, gusto en conocerte"
Hamburguesa - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Virtual Cafe Awards

Markovian Parallax

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Reference to the Internet's oldest mystery (as some call it). If anyone doesn't know - series of spam messages on Usenet in 1996. It was gibberish, but the line Markovian Parallax Denigrate kept repeating.

Nickname comes from a time when I was fascinated by this kind of mysteries from the network and the Internet in its earliest era.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
I've gone through loads of Usernames. Lets spin 'em all around
  • Perfectodst219- Random generated Xbox360 username. 1st minecraft account.
  • odst219- Playstation username
  • Mr_31415...- Minecraft 2nd account username since I lost my first account details, for a time. Equates to "Mr.Pi". Friends who knew from this time still refer to me in Voice Chats as "Pi".
  • Mr_62...- Minecraft 3rd account. "Mr.Tau". Used on some multiplayer servers
  • RhinestoneEye- Gorillaz inspired username from the same song. Would eventually morph into RhinestoneCowboy.
  • RisingThumb- Gorillaz inspired username. From a niche bit of art from Jamie Hewlett.
  • Aloksinak. New name for my 1st minecraft account. Is just a translation of RisingThumb in the Skyrim Dragon Speech.
Nowadays if I was to pick a new username, I'd tie it to my real name. But too much has been put on the RisingThumb moniker that I just stick with it where it is there nowadays, and change to my name when applicable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yuiui

Internet degenerate
Reaction score
Awards
Website
yuiui.moe
Since I am a creative human being yuiui is a combination of yui from k-on and her sister ui and I wanted an identity online that wasn't too closely tied to something irl

Virtual Cafe Awards

georgemoody

to Mac or not to Mac, that is the question
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tilde.town
it comes from this tiny little parrot(?) figurine (I think it's 1-2 cm wide) that I've named George Moody. I took the surname from the Judy Moody book series that I loved as a kid. As for the first name, I couldn't come up with anything so I walked over to my mom and asked her: "hey ma what would you name a parrot if you had one" and her first answer was George.

I still have the thing btw, it's in a box in a drawer somewhere but it's there, loved playing with and making batshit insane stories for him to go through

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards