The State of YouTube and Facebook

Elbrus_uwu

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
First off I have a terrible migraine right now so I'm just trying quickly to write down something odd I noticed a moment ago.

Like a lot of people including mainstream journalists have talked about the weird AI behavior on Facebook where bunch of bots post different AI generated pictures of Jesus and then comment "Amen" to it and I think I've stumbled on something similar to that on YouTube just now.

Basically my YouTube recommendations have been just getting filled with weird music videos that have been posted either an hour or a day ago and they all have unique titles and images and such on their thumbnails. All of them are in different channels as well but I haven't seen any of them get more than like 50 views, some of them straight up have 0 views.

It all feels very sudden and odd but then again recently a new trend with cheap TikTok text to speech videos started where they now make the AI sing the text instead.
The music itself feels really generic and it's nothing special so it's really likely that a dumb AI could've made sth like this.

punisheddead

I know that doooooooooor
Reaction score
Awards
YouTube has somewhat recently tried to reintroduce promoting brand new videos randomly "like back in the old days", but unlike back in the day now AI tools are easily accessible and the AI grift is everywhere resulting in complete slop being shown to you. Hustle culture has noticed the new YouTube trend, made tutorials and made their money "selling shovels" and left the "gold diggers" and us with AI generated slop.

As for boomers replying Amin to AI generated pictures of Jesus, i don't blame you for thinking they're bots, boomers cannot differentiate AI from real life at all so AI generated pics drive up engagement and more importantly ad revenue which Facebook shares with "select creators".

And it really is all AI generated. When you question why someone does these weird grifts, just think: "how would one make money off this?" and it just starts to make sense. It's all about money, you know?

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
YouTube has somewhat recently tried to reintroduce promoting brand new videos randomly "like back in the old days", but unlike back in the day now AI tools are easily accessible and the AI grift is everywhere resulting in complete slop being shown to you. Hustle culture has noticed the new YouTube trend, made tutorials and made their money "selling shovels" and left the "gold diggers" and us with AI generated slop.

As for boomers replying Amin to AI generated pictures of Jesus, i don't blame you for thinking they're bots, boomers cannot differentiate AI from real life at all so AI generated pics drive up engagement and more importantly ad revenue which Facebook shares with "select creators".

And it really is all AI generated. When you question why someone does these weird grifts, just think: "how would one make money off this?" and it just starts to make sense. It's all about money, you know?
Already im seeing youtube ads of influencers trying to sell AI automated courses. You would think if the course was so good, they would just be doing it themselves and try to scale up their market share.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punisheddead

I know that doooooooooor
Reaction score
Awards
Already im seeing youtube ads of influencers trying to sell AI automated courses. You would think if the course was so good, they would just be doing it themselves and try to scale up their market share.
Exactly. The courses are the real hustle there. I've even seen some using ai to make courses to sell, on which they then sell a course. It's almost comical.

Rams969

Magos Explorator
Reaction score
Awards
That's something I have seen across all social media, the internet is full of bots, but there is people specially boomers and users from third world countries wich have a weird and robotic behavior that can be easily misunderstood as bots, but they are real people. Is like as bot behaviour becomes human, the human behaviour becomes more robotic.
I also have seen more and more videos that are fully scripted, ilustrated and narrated by AI, as a 40k fan I got some these "lore" videos in my reccomendations.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punisheddead

I know that doooooooooor
Reaction score
Awards
boomers and users from third world countries
Both have very questionable writing skills but boomers outside of the English sphere and third worlders at least have an excuse.

I also have seen more and more videos that are fully scripted, ilustrated and narrated by AI, as a 40k fan I got some these "lore" videos in my reccomendations.
The ai grifters have infiltrated most communities.

romitelli

amateur ombudsman
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.pistacheganache.com
First off I have a terrible migraine right now so I'm just trying quickly to write down something odd I noticed a moment ago.

Like a lot of people including mainstream journalists have talked about the weird AI behavior on Facebook where bunch of bots post different AI generated pictures of Jesus and then comment "Amen" to it and I think I've stumbled on something similar to that on YouTube just now.

Basically my YouTube recommendations have been just getting filled with weird music videos that have been posted either an hour or a day ago and they all have unique titles and images and such on their thumbnails. All of them are in different channels as well but I haven't seen any of them get more than like 50 views, some of them straight up have 0 views.

It all feels very sudden and odd but then again recently a new trend with cheap TikTok text to speech videos started where they now make the AI sing the text instead.
The music itself feels really generic and it's nothing special so it's really likely that a dumb AI could've made sth like this.
A few years ago I had 1g of shrooms and went down a deep (very deep) hole inside youtube. It straight recommended exclusively videos generated MINUTES ago. They were all videos of triangles of different colours creating sounds and moving in irrational ways, one video led to another to a point where I was receiving recommendations of videos of people talking to me, like videos specifically made to me (ok, at this point I was tripping super high into the matrix). But regardless, it was super scary.

Virtual Cafe Awards