Were any of you around for pre-2013 ROBLOX?

Hobo8239

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been feeling kinda nostalgic for those times and relapsed into "playing" ROBLOX again only to find that all the games that were popular even back in 2014 and now dead and broken :(
Was anybody here for the times of the old animations and materials and before filtering enabled fucked up the hopperbins of 95% of all games so you could play games that werent updated in years.

Bonus points if you joined before stamper tool was a thing and remember playing in build mode on your place with insert tool.

Part of me regrets not doing much back then like I could've planned ahead before buying builders club and had a bunch of places already made and shilled this offsite and not selling more clothes on behalf of my group because apparantly all money from clothes purchase goes to the group so I could've treated my group my own robux bank. I could've been a ruthless tweenage capitalist!

I also regret not putting in the effort to learn how to script, I'd host something on Novetus but I don't want to put in the effort to script now that ROBLOX is dead to me.

EDIT: probably should've posted this in the Video games board, wonder if an admin will move this thread.

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
looked at my old profile ;_;
1709305157202.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
did you join for a week or something?
>made a reply talking shit about your counting ability
>turns out i cant count
for some reason i thought 2014 was 12 years ago cuz retarded
anyway shits inaccurate, i was still using that account in at least 2014, pretty sure i lost the login that year (i got a few places on there and the last one was made in august 2014 and then i made a new account in september sooooooooooooo)
another account i later made that i actually only used for a week it says i last logged in three years ago, so needless to say that site seems to be shit with that detail

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I played as a Guest in 2013 and joined 01/24/2014. I feel the same way about a lot of stuff you mentioned. ROBLOX sucks now and has since 2016. 2016 was bad but I think it was the last good year. They've forsaken their identity as an online lego game and are now trying to be a metaverse. Not to mention the RAMPANT pedophile issues.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I had an account in 2009, sadly banned for credit related fraud. I had an alt set up in 2010 that I still use to mess around in Studio sometimes.

Attachments

• IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 9

Hobo8239

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I played as a Guest in 2013 and joined 01/24/2014. I feel the same way about a lot of stuff you mentioned. ROBLOX sucks now and has since 2016. 2016 was bad but I think it was the last good year. They've forsaken their identity as an online lego game and are now trying to be a metaverse. Not to mention the RAMPANT pedophile issues.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dff7sHUzDww

This shit's so funny because it started because a little girl kept buying robux to purchase clothes that kept getting CD'ed. Their decision to remove Tix completely bit them in the ass

Do any of you remember the price floor update in late 2013 when all clothes had to be sold at a minimum of 10 robux or 100 tix and it suddenly became like 25 tix for one robuck instead of 10? That shit sucked.

Last edited:

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
@mydadiscar i'm checking roblox and it doesn't seem to have a last online section on people's profiles
are you using an extension or something?
it was some roblox trade website i stumbled upon, idk

Virtual Cafe Awards

Obake

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have never played Roblox, but my cousin (who is a few years younger than me) played it a lot. He has autism and whenever I saw him he would go on and on about it and I didn't understand a single thing he said and would just nod along and pretend I was listening so as not to be rude. To this day I still don't even really know what it is beyond what I have gathered from reports about child predators being active on it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Hobo8239

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not my generation, but between the two, I honestly thought Trove had more of a chance (https://www.trionworlds.com/trove/en/). I'm glad I didn't gamble the farm, I would have lost lol. My kid played both, but still plays Roblox.
That game came out the same time ROBLOX started gaining huge popularity due to DanTDM

Did any of you get to experience the ROBLOX forums?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-G9bAjLH-w&list=PLfwzGYyFXZLZXix_1AtEyKJf1Nz3jwi3U&index=1

gardenAgnostic

Winner of the Chronically Online Contest
Reaction score
Awards
don't remember much from my roblox days, except that i was around during the guest era and the account i made when i realized i didn't need a email for roblox had my actual fucking name on it so i cant share it

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
1711139090764.png

Mostly played can you surive the disaster and various bad FPS games
I really didn't do much on roblox. Before Roblox I played flash games, and shortly after roblox I discovered steam and started playing REAL games like team fortress lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

Monsieur Chat

Connoisseur of Rape, Weed and Underaged Girls.
Reaction score
Awards
I never played Roblox but I was a Blocklander, so seeing it become an item of mass discourse and popular culture has been weird as shit. Back then Roblox was just considered to be the shitty version of Blockland, and I certainly agreed as Roblox characters look quite ugly. At the time Blockland was much more developed in terms of mods and building possibility and had a very cool system of propgramming where you could make bricks behave in complex ways. You can see remnants of this nowadays if you google "Blockland vs Robolox". Blockland's community was also an early internet sperg hotspot. The creator of Kiwifarms was once a prominent Blocklander for example.

Unfortunately the creator of BL was its biggest obstacle. In spite of being a really great game and one of my favorites of all time, his retarded and often half-assed choices and a very sloppy steam release eventually killed it. Badspot seems to, for whatever reason, have a very strange attitude towards his own game and wants it to die. Probably not the least because the Blockland forums and userbase were so freakish and hostile. I don't have too much to say on the actual thread topic, but hopefully you can get something out of this unsolicited obscure history of a basically forgotten competitor to it.

Njordr

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
looked at my old profile ;_;
View attachment 91299
Got you beat by four. Somehow managed to keep track of the information for logging on and all that for all these years.

1711601155362.png

Last edited: