Phrases that piss you off

Lukeas1111

My dad owns Microsoft >:(
Reaction score
Awards
- I was in middle school at the time of "swag" and remember being awfully irritated by this word. Generally by any "fashionable" word that comes around and that EVERYONE ends up saying just because it's "in".
On god bruh, facts no printer. I getchu man frfr no capa.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Arcade101

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
arcade101.neocities.org
I don't like people.
"I don't like people."
That's one of mine. I personally find this mindset very irritating. Not only because I see it as a product of the rapid desocialization which is taking place due to the manner in which we embrace technology, but also because I personally consider myself a humanist. Sure, people do irritating things semiregularly, and they can even be downright destructive at times... but I personally think my experiences with certain people are amongst the most valuable things I have ever acquired.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
"I don't like people."
That's one of mine. I personally find this mindset very irritating. Not only because I see it as a product of the rapid desocialization which is taking place due to the manner in which we embrace technology, but also because I personally consider myself a humanist. Sure, people do irritating things semiregularly, and they can even be downright destructive at times... but I personally think my experiences with certain people are amongst the most valuable things I have ever acquired.
I appreciate your thoughts and the input that this provides. I, too, would say that my experiences with people are amongst some of the most valuable. Without others, without their extrospection of me and my extrospection of them, more nuanced introspection could not be possible.

Unfortunately, my issue with people is something neurological, deep-seated beyond the rapid desocialization and technological dependancy of modern culture. It has almost nothing to do with the actions of others and more with an inability to connect well with them.

But I have seen and will agree that there are many cringe teens and edgelords who "hate society and omg i'm an introvert i don't like people!"

I am glad I could hear your opinion on this by writing that, though!

Virtual Cafe Awards

theshredneckcsr

Metal E. Leetist
Reaction score
Awards
anyone who speaks in internet lingo in real life is insufferable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
"Scientists say..."
"According to experts..."
"Fact-checkers weigh in..."
"Here's why this is a good/bad thing" (this one particularly gets me because its condescending and propaganda-ish as fuck. who are YOU to tell me how i'm supposed to feel i'd read your article and form my own opinion now i'm not reading it at all bitch)
"Studies show..."

This stupid wojak meme illustrates it better than I could. Journalism is atrocious.
I've also been trying to rid the words "literally, like, actually, genuinely" from my vocabulary.
1620121382055.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

FreshSk8r

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Anything that sounds like it came from TikTok. I can't stand phrases like, "Live rent-free in my mind," "Stan," and putting those stupid twinkle star emojis around words. As annoying as it is in text form, it's straight-up infuriating when people say these things in real life.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
"I don't care about your opinion / your opinion doesn't matter" -it just feels so invalidating when people just straight up tell you that your opinion of stuff doesn't matter. it's almost as if they are saying you and your being doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. it's pretty hurtful to be honest.

Virtual Cafe Awards

DeathToMicroWaves

Are you being held hostage by a spider?
Reaction score
Awards
When some one says "heaven on earth" when referring to a place that one gets me ticking

Virtual Cafe Awards
I have soo much it is unreal

"You don't need to know terminal to use unixy systems"
No, you do. Unix literally didn't have a graphic server and they wrote the OS accordingly. They didn't do it to be elitists, they wrote the coreutils and file hier. soo it would be easier to use the system.

"MacOS has "elegant" kernel/ecosystem"
It literally is freebsd kernel with some roundy GUI slapped, there is nothing elegant about it

Any phrase with community in it
I fucking hate you, we aren't a community

"There is no ethical consumption under capitalism"
I might get in jail for killing someone that said this phrase, not even joking. I hate this phase soo much it is unbelieveble that much hates fits into me.

Virtual Cafe Awards