james32123
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Awards About Agora Gang Tags

• The question of the hour is this:

How am I possibly going to do everything I want to do, with the time in my life I'm allotted? there's classes to finish, skills to learn, music to discover, movies to watch, games to play, things to MAKE, and improvements to be made. Just feels like there's not enough time in the day, and not enough days in the year, and not enough years in the life.
    • Thinking
    • Sad
    Reactions: Ross_Я and shinobu
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    >there's classes to finish, skills to learn, music to discover, movies to watch, games to play, things to MAKE, and improvements to be made. Just feels like there's not enough time in the day, and not enough days in the year, and not enough years in the life.
    As the one who feels exactly like this, the answer is very simple and very hard at the same time: you just have to accept that you won't be able to do everything you want. You won't be able to watch all the movies, listen to all the music, learn to do everything you want to do, and definitely won't never be able to master it, et cetera.
    You just have to, like, realise it. To admit to yourself that there are thousands of people out there making music every year, and you are but one man. And those thousands of people have been recording music since 1900's
    1950's alone have so much rock'n'roll - it seems like records will never end. And it only becomes more massive as computers made recording and distribution easier. 80's music is pretty much endless.
    And don't even get me started about learning something or honing your skills. Sometimes it feels like you spend months on something - and still stand on one place with no visible improving whatsoever, frustrations and burnouts are ever waiting.
    So the only real advice here is to accept that you will never be able to do everything and try to chase things you really like. If learning something doesn't work - like, really doesn't work, you ain't gotta be too fickle here, following your every whim - then switch to learning something else. Thin line, thin line here, man, and thin lines are important. As I said, you shouldn't just drop out at the first sign, but pushing yourself too hard when it just doesn't fly isn't good either.
    Luckily, when it comes to music and movies and whatever - here you can just follow your every whim. Pick what you like the most at the moment - and just go with the flow. Pick your favorite genres - and dig in. Just accept that you will likely never be able to get all of it. Not in this life, at least.
    Do not bash yourself when something lies around unfinished for too long either. I mean, I know for myself that once I've said I'll do it - I'll do it, even if 12 years later. Heck, it was fun doing it 12 years later, watching all the skills I've picked up on other projects coming together on this old thing which I couldn't finish properly before.
    If you're truly committed, if you know yourself and don't just dwell in your mom's basement saying "I'll do it tomorrow" and actually lay something aside with the purpose of doing something else - and I believe you are of that kind, of my kind - then you'll be there earlier or later. So don't listen to everyone and tune in to your rhythm. Try to stay in the zone, all that stuff.
    Oh, and definitely do not spend your time feeding trolls like Boxer.
    vulonkaaz
    vulonkaaz
    just do the best you can and if after your death you wanna do more just reincarnate

simple as that
    MindControlBoxer
    MindControlBoxer
    yea @Ross_Я is right you should spend your time wisely, writing paragraphs on the internet about how you took 12 years to finish high school between the constant smoking and tar spitting make sure you add a couple of furry larp sessions, girls love that.
    This game dev shit is making me lose my mind
    "Oh, I'll make an incremental game for my java project, how hard could it be"
    God forsake me when I made that decision
    Thoughts on sites like HackerRank, leetcode? CS prof. was offering some extra credit if we submit a profile and I'm thinking "Hey I'm not actually completely useless at this"
    How's it goin cybergoons? I really wanna set up a VPS buy a domain name and rip my website off of neocities to slap it on my own server, but I lack time and energy and willpower and I gotta do all my schoolwork first. Pls give advice and/or insult me ^-^
    vulonkaaz
    vulonkaaz
    yea you're right dot tk seems broken idk how we can get those now
    Noxy
    Noxy
    If you don't give a rat's ass, you can set-up a server with WAMPserver (https://www.wampserver.com/en/) and No-ip (https://www.noip.com/) in like 1 hour.
    If you give a single fuck, you can either set it up in Linux/OpenBSD/FreeBSD, there's many LAMP and FAMP tutorials online.
    If you don't have the time and energy, it's ok to just rent from a VPS provider.

I would advise to keep the server in a separate VLAN if you host it yourself, and make sure it cannot access your router, switch, computer or whatever.
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    Use `wget -r [site]` to clone the site and reupload it. Or point the new domain at the neocities site for maximum laziness
    Yeah I don't really get the hype behind Fiji water.
    It just tastes like regular spring water.
    I kinda prefer purified ngl
    Which forums should I snoop around in? I've only been interacting with profile posts so far :p
    • Thinking
    Reactions: ビンス
    alk
    alk
    I just check "What's new" and pick something interesting to me.
    ビンス
    ビンス
    I second Alk. That's what I do though I haven't been posting much as of late. I have some thread ideas I want to write when I get time.
    • GiggaChad
    Reactions: alk
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php

Sorry, didn't get a chance for something fresh. I hope you enjoy these gifs instead!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…