kuro-neko.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
@andreixyz I know you didn't share it for the carnival but I read this post of yours: What is Love?

I was searching for additional personal web articles on Positive Internalization and came across this post from 2007 through Marginalia: What is Love?

Theirs is like a 2-part essay and I'm just sharing it out of "synchronicity" (I preferred your answer to theirs).

Anyways, last call for my IndieWeb Carnival! It's at 9 entries, yo:
  1. Positive Internalization (Colin Morris)
  2. The smell of firewood
  3. The Feeling of Being Myself
  4. The Pupil
  5. A few core memories
  6. Positive Internalization (Microbyte)
  7. Very Positive Memories
  8. Positive Internalization (Manuel Moreale)
  9. The Breakfast Club Revisited <-- Dev hates Agorans so she redirects to Rick Astley if you click from here
I think @Psychcool is working on the 10th, but if any of you are missing a 2nd post (@whiteVHS / @shrapnelnet), you got a crap-ton of examples here. ~10 is more than I expected, but I intend on showing each and every one their due love. Honestly, I'm sorta hoping to make the thing a bit of a resource. It's a therapeutic strategy that I believe could benefit from more publicly available examples.

Virtual Cafe Awards

andreixyz

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
andrei.xyz
I didn't share it for the carnival because the theme seems a bit too complex and philosophical for my smol brain, and I could have expanded the article on that thought, but it was just that, a thought and nothing more. I didn't want it to turn it into a novel, but keep it more as an advice.

Thank you for the shout out and thank you for being one of my three readers! <3

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Okay, here's my second entry. Hope you like it!
On the Joy of Using an iPod
Great write-up! It's funny, music is really fundamental to me. To the point that I have my custom-made offline collection, autistically so. I have the raw, highest quality torrents of my favorites on a seed box I perpetually pay for, sharing them back with fellow like-minded connoisseurs. Of course, the raw torrents are never organized to my standards so I have the perfected modified collections. Those involved manually editing metadata + sometimes separating whole albums track by track (I forget the name of those kinds of files / situations) + hunting down independently recorded unofficial tracks / albums + looking on YouTube for low-quality versions of MOTHERFUCKING "international" or "japan" exclusives, FUCK THAT TRADITION, FUCK THAT TRADITON, FUCK THAT TRADITION, I'm glad it died.

Anyways, yeah that collection IS WORK. But I too remember my iPod, and my endless love for it. And I refuse to ever rely on streaming. As for the mindless aspect, I've spent less and less time listening to music in the past few years... I don't think it's bad, kinda like not doing a drug for awhile and when you do it again" HOLY SHIT THAT'S SEX". I have a relatively small collection I think, compared to many others, @andreixyz is a good example: records + signed + concerts, but I consider myself quite open to new music. My father... I think the most he ever did was listen to music. He'd come back from work, go to his cave, listen to music. Weekend, long nights, listening to music. Think it was definitely his cope. Also, I know all his favorites by heart... but he doesn't know a single one of mine. I refuse to ever close my ears like that.

Finally, theirs this one special album I have. I didn't have the privilege of going to concerts ever. But I did make it to one, of one of my favorite artists, and I convinced a cute girl to come with me (not a chance btw) but the most amazing thing was that night was recorded and produced as a studio album and I get to relive it almost perfectly whenever I want. It was also by accident too... The concert that was supposed to be recorded was the previous night's but they had a technical error.

Like magic in a bottle that one, yo.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shrapnelnet

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
blog.shr4pnel.com
@andreixyz I know you didn't share it for the carnival but I read this post of yours: What is Love?

I was searching for additional personal web articles on Positive Internalization and came across this post from 2007 through Marginalia: What is Love?

Theirs is like a 2-part essay and I'm just sharing it out of "synchronicity" (I preferred your answer to theirs).

2. The smell of firewood
  4. The Pupil
  5. A few core memories
  9. The Breakfast Club Revisited <-- Dev hates Agorans so she redirects to Rick Astley if you click from here
I think @Psychcool is working on the 10th, but if any of you are missing a 2nd post (@whiteVHS / @shrapnelnet), you got a crap-ton of examples here. ~10 is more than I expected, but I intend on showing each and every one their due love. Honestly, I'm sorta hoping to make the thing a bit of a resource. It's a therapeutic strategy that I believe could benefit from more publicly available examples.

working on an article now. hard to get material! has been a tough few months. will hopefully have something out in the next 12 hours.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shrapnelnet

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
blog.shr4pnel.com

2. The smell of firewood
  4. The Pupil
  5. A few core memories

not sure on the prerequisites for the indieweb carnival but i'd love to enter my new article, "physical media: it ain't so bad!"

cheers!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
not sure on the prerequisites for the indieweb carnival but i'd love to enter my new article, "physical media: it ain't so bad!"

cheers!
Wow, lots of media discussion this month! Speaking of cassettes, I recently bought one (as a memento really; I'm fully digital, bby) but spent some silly time looking around for cassette players and thought these were pretty baller, though sadly over-priced: rewind's cassette players Funny how now I imagine walking around with one of those is the equivalent of walking around with a pocket watch lol

As for the IndieWeb Carnival, I'm afraid not, it's more touchy-feely personal than this article, but ofc great Travelogue post! Well done!

Virtual Cafe Awards

shrapnelnet

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
blog.shr4pnel.com
Wow, lots of media discussion this month! Speaking of cassettes, I recently bought one (as a memento really; I'm fully digital, bby) but spent some silly time looking around for cassette players and thought these were pretty baller, though sadly over-priced: rewind's cassette players Funny how now I imagine walking around with one of those is the equivalent of walking around with a pocket watch lol

As for the IndieWeb Carnival, I'm afraid not, it's more touchy-feely personal than this article, but ofc great Travelogue post! Well done!

looks awesome. if you're interested in grabbing something that "just works" i recommend looking for some akai dual deck cassette players. grabbed mine for £30 and it's been chugging along for a good while now. plenty going on ebay

and in your case, i'd be hard pressed not to go for a classic sony walkman! they're even cheaper.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
This piece reminded me of Whiplash (2014 film), remember watching it shortly after it came out. I know the movie is about tenacity, but, the type of tenacity it showed, isn't my favorite. The kind I like is more happy, innocent, enthusiastic, fun. As if the person ENJOYS the failure and they get back on the ride like it's nothing; and even if you don't see them succeed, you know it's only a matter of time. Beautiful tenacity.

@RisingThumb posted this yesterday: Several Truths Regarding Success, think it a bit relevant.

I wonder why it is competition and comparison are the more prevalent, stronger forces that tend to push people to greater heights. Why isn't it enough or more common to just do the best you can do. It doesn't always do it, but I feel it (competitiveness / comparison) can sometimes ruin the natural, authentic experience of progression.

Great post, Hayden. Thank you so much for participating.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards