Agora Road Travelouge (September Blogging)

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Avoid Hotlinking.
This is a short technical blog post on the topic of hotlinking. With the interest in web buttons/badges here recently, and as it's only something I stopped to think about after seeing how the Lainchan Webring handles image linking, it might be worth a read if you're linking images from *outside* of your site.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Kind-of a weird one:
World of Troubles
Inspired in part by @Aral of Xiaohe 'Same-sex parenting and lack of father figures' thread.
Hope you get something out of it, reader.
If even a "grateful" child (like me) can feel disappointed in their parent(s)
Every person experiences trauma, and some of these traumas are arguably universal(I say arguably, an orphan won't experience these, or at least get a different lesson out of them). The first trauma is when they first feel embarassed and want to hide *something* about themselves from their parents for fear of being kicked out of the family. If they're kicked out, they have no idea how to survive or exist, so this behaviour is understandable. Another is when they realise their parents are only human, and have their own wants and desires, and their own limitations in knowledge, energy, experience etc. When you look up to someone as the provider of security, food and knowledge and find in any of them lacking or failures(the kind of failures that marks us as humans) it breaks our belief in their "Godlike" ability. I say Godlike because as kids we don't have any frames of reference for their limitations, and to us as kids, they might as well be as Gods.

My opinion is that parents are supposed to set an example for the ideal mother, the ideal father, the ideal relationship, and the ideal behaviours, and to then smash those ideals as human, all too human(ideal within the context of society). You only really appreciate your parents after you've been parented well- appreciation and disappointment can be blended in the same drink

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Avoid Hotlinking.
This is a short technical blog post on the topic of hotlinking. With the interest in web buttons/badges here recently, and as it's only something I stopped to think about after seeing how the Lainchan Webring handles image linking, it might be worth a read if you're linking images from *outside* of your site.
I have a 'No Hotlinking Please' on my Art page that linked to the Wikipedia description, but your post is way better.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
This was really creative. I've used that same laptop (or maybe it was 2012?). I cannot agree more on how awesome it is. Relatively upgrade-able too.
As promised, I updated the article with the photo and also added a "how it's made" post, linked at the end.

Also i added the Agora Road Travelogue snippet at the end, which I missed
Thanks for going through the trouble, it really is/was a neat idea!

Virtual Cafe Awards

andreixyz

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
andrei.xyz
This was really creative. I've used that same laptop (or maybe it was 2012?). I cannot agree more on how awesome it is. Relatively upgrade-able too.

Thanks for going through the trouble, it really is/was a neat idea!
Then it's not the same laptop, as it has everything soldered on the mainboard. That's why I got the best spec back then. However, it is still a beast.

here we go - wrote this "earlier" today

(2,08/7,9,23 - PAVLOVIAN EDU -VS- SELF (Agora September Blogging))
got part 2, will post i+n halfc a+n hbour fcfca

edxit: hbere we gvo

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
We're in the endgame now for the this month. Still working on my second entry, but I came across something recently and wanted to share:

IndieWeb carnival is a blog carnival on topics related to the IndieWeb specifically.

This month's theme is: 'My Kinda Weather'. Wasn't particularly impressed with "hey! let's talk about weather" topic but maybe it inspires 1 of you guys, you could get 2 birds with 1 stone, yo. The theme will change every month. I believe @Voicedrew was considering doing that for this... Was also interesting to learn that this could be called a 'blog carnival' but, uh, you won't hear me calling it that, lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
This month's theme is: 'My Kinda Weather'. Wasn't particularly impressed with "hey! let's talk about weather" topic but maybe it inspires 1 of you guys, you could get 2 birds with 1 stone, yo.
Oof. Cutting it close.
So, yea, lol, I, uh, ended up writing about the weather.
:SpacePalm:

My Kind of Weather

This wasn't the one I was planning, but after a couple of days of thinking about the IndieWeb Carnival I decided I wanted to go for it. But was figuratively smashing my head against the wall cause the topic was weather, like come on bro. Anyways I decided to go for a walk and thought about it for a while and finally had a small Jimmy Neutron brain blast moment and decided: "Yea, I can write this".

If you're ever stuck on anything, go 4 a walk, yo! Does me wonders.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Apologies for the necromancy, just adding the link to the subsequent thread / completing the chain with October:
Agora Road Travelogue (October Blogging)

EDIT: Actually, you know what? This isn't necromancy because anyone should feel comfortable to come back to this thread and comment on any of the posts.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards