Agora Road's Unreal Tournament - UT99 Server

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
Prepare to enter the tournament!

Welcome to Agora Road's official Unreal Tournament 1999 server. Come join us on frag nights starting at 22:00 EST (UTC-05) and have fun hanging out and racking up a kill streak. Players of all skill levels are welcome, even if you've never played UT99 before!

I provide files to make hopping into a game as easy and painless as possible. For the ready-made files and more information, see the info section under the server info section of this post!

SERVER INFORMATION:
Game times: Fridays @ 22:00 EST (UTC-05)
Server IP: vince.webhop.me
Server password: Ag0raCHANis_myW1F3
Server location: US East (New York State)
Maps list: CLICK HERE
Voice chat: CLICK HERE
Game archives:
CLICK HERE

GENERAL INFORMATION:
In this section, I'll provide all the info you need on what UT99 is and how to get started!
Here's the textbook explanation:
"Unreal Tournament is a first-person arena shooter video game developed by Epic Games and Digital Extremes. Players compete in a series of matches of various types, with the general aim of out-killing opponents."
-- Wikipedia

Unreal Tournament is an area shooter. Focus is on gunplay and match components where you have the run around the map killing enemies and gathering weapons, health, and armor.

Here are two videos which provide info on UT99 and give an example of gameplay.

In Unreal Tournament, you play by going around the map collecting weapons, armor, health, and killing enemies. Additionally, based on the gamemode, there may be other objectives for you to complete. There are various tips and tricks you can master if you want to get super good, but once you learn the weapons and how each play, I think you'll find it's pretty easy to pick up and start fragging.

Here's a video where he goes over some PvP tricks.

I do! If you're having any issues, feel free to message me here.
Currently, no. I'll open the server like 30 minutes before and close it when we're all done playing.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
If you don't want to go through the hassle of installing Chaos UT, and patching your client, you can grab the pre-patched version that I made. Simply extract it, run the shortcut, and you're off. No install required!
[▼] DOWNLOAD VINCE'S CANNED UT99 (GITHUB)
[⎘] VIEW THE CODE (GITHUB)
[⚠] VIEW THE VIRUSTOTAL SCAN (VIRUSTOTAL)

If you want to patch and install everything yourself, get it here:
[▼] DOWNLOAD UT99 GOTY (STEAM UNLOCKED)

If you're playing on Linux, check out this patching guide here:
[ⓘ] READ LINUX PATCH GUIDE (AGORA ROAD)

CURRENT MAILING LIST:
This is the current list of players who receive DMs when we do frag nights & are pinged for server news. If you're on this list and don't want to be (or vice versa) please let me know!

@赤い男, @Brapuccino, @COCKPIT BLUNTSMOKER, @h00, @HammerKoopa, @lovelace, @mydadiscar, @№56, @oracle, @Radical, @RealTomCruise, @turntableToothache, @waffle, & @Z0diacK

ARUT99.png

(This post has been edited to provide server information)
Hi everyone!

I made a profile post a while ago about setting up an UT99 server and a lot of people seemed interested. It's going to take me a while to set it up, but it'll probably be live next week. When the server goes live I'll update this post to include the IP and password.

In the meantime, I'm making this thread to gather feedback from people who plan to play on it. Here are some questions I have:

• Should it be up 24/7 or should we just organize games?
  • What time zone are you in and when are you free?
  • How often do you think you'd play on it?
  • What gamemodes should it have?
  • Are there any custom maps or assets I should add?
Also, please let me know if you want to be mentioned when the server comes up, thanks!

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
How do you play Unreal Tournament 99 my copy is all funky and it speeds up for some reason, also I don't think it lets me play online it might be shit.
The GOTY version sucks ass and was made to run on win95, hardware support is generally weird for it

imo the essential modlist:
DX11 for UT99: Makes the game look GOOD as SHIT for a '99 game. https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-directx11-renderer-for-ut-ug-rune-and-dx
It also adds the DX9 renderer for 2000 fps performance.
OldUnreal Patches: Makes Raw Input actually work, adds community server master list, and other essential tweaks too many to list https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTournamentPatches/releases

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
The GOTY version sucks ass and was made to run on win95, hardware support is generally weird for it

imo the essential modlist:
DX11 for UT99: Makes the game look GOOD as SHIT for a '99 game. https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-directx11-renderer-for-ut-ug-rune-and-dx
It also adds the DX9 renderer for 2000 fps performance.
OldUnreal Patches: Makes Raw Input actually work, adds community server master list, and other essential tweaks too many to list https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTournamentPatches/releases
Wow, I used the patcher before but I've never heard of the DX11 patch. This is next level!

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
How do you play Unreal Tournament 99 my copy is all funky and it speeds up for some reason, also I don't think it lets me play online it might be shit.
When I post the server info I'm gonna add a "Before you play" section with all the required files.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
Hmm... maybe I should take the plunge. Also, I think organizing games is best.
I agree but that's going to be such a pain, I've never tried to organize an event on a forum before, only discord. Do I just throw times out and ping people? That's gonna clog this thread up fast.

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
I agree but that's going to be such a pain, I've never tried to organize an event on a forum before, only discord. Do I just throw times out and ping people? That's gonna clog this thread up fast.
Fragnights are how most work. A regular weekly event on same day and time. Make a poll. Link it. Ping all the interested peeps. Pick the day and time that works for the most people and badabing badaboom. Agora UT99 Fragnights lives

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Also, please let me know if you want to be mentioned when the server comes up, thanks!
Yeah, give me another ping or something. I still have huge doubts about it, because I think you will play when it's, like, 5 AM for me either way, but we'll see.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I don't have a copy of UT99 but if I get one I might give it a go.
I personally think it should just be an event-based thing rather than a server online all the time. I feel that would be too much effort for a server on a game older than some of our users that only a handful of us have expressed interest in, it probably isn't worth it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I don't have a copy of UT99 but if I get one I might give it a go.
I personally think it should just be an event-based thing rather than a server online all the time. I feel that would be too much effort for a server on a game older than some of our users that only a handful of us have expressed interest in, it probably isn't worth it.
UT99 is abandonware so you can get it for free tons of places. I'm gonna include a pre-patched version when I announce the server.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I'm interested.
Thanks for your interest! Please reply to this poll.
I'll have to figure out where to find a copy and how to get it running.
Dw, I'm gonna make a pre-packaged version that you only have to double click a shortcut to run, no install required. It'll be provided with the server details once I get everything set up.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: h00

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
AGORA ROAD'S UNREAL TOURNAMENT BETA TEST
Hey everyone! This Friday @ 22:00 EST (UTC-05) we'll be doing the server's beta test.

The reason I'm calling this the beta test and not the first game is because while I've tested everything and it seems to work ok, who knows what might happen. I'm going to open the server at 21:30 and close it whenever we finish.

The first post in this thread has been updated to include server information, information about UT99, and download links for the game.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF TIMEZONES

If you live somewhere that does daylight savings, please check to make sure you're joining at the right time. We will still be using the UTC-05 timezone, that will never change. So if you're in a place that does daylight savings, make sure you adjust accordingly. For example 22:00 might be be 23:00 for you.

If you're in a place that does NOT do daylight savings, you can ignore all of this.

CURRENT PING LIST:
This is the current list of players who receive pings when we do frag nights & other server news. If you're on this list and don't want to be (or vice versa) please let me know!
@alk, @Brapuccino, @goedendag, @h00, @lovelace, @mydadiscar, @Mеченый Яков, @№56, @Ross_Я, & @Z0diacK

Virtual Cafe Awards

Brapuccino

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.zeropointfool.com
AGORA ROAD'S UNREAL TOURNAMENT BETA TEST
Hey everyone! This Friday @ 22:00 EST (UTC-05) we'll be doing the server's beta test.

The reason I'm calling this the beta test and not the first game is because while I've tested everything and it seems to work ok, who knows what might happen. I'm going to open the server at 21:30 and close it whenever we finish.

The first post in this thread has been updated to include server information, information about UT99, and download links for the game.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF TIMEZONES

If you live somewhere that does daylight savings, please check to make sure you're joining at the right time. We will still be using the UTC-05 timezone, that will never change. So if you're in a place that does daylight savings, make sure you adjust accordingly. For example 22:00 might be be 23:00 for you.

If you're in a place that does NOT do daylight savings, you can ignore all of this.

CURRENT PING LIST:
This is the current list of players who receive pings when we do frag nights & other server news. If you're on this list and don't want to be (or vice versa) please let me know!
@alk, @Brapuccino, @goedendag, @h00, @lovelace, @mydadiscar, @Mеченый Яков, @№56, @Ross_Я, & @Z0diacK
I didn't even get a notification for this lol I just saw it in the recent threads. *le shrugs*
Looking forward to claiming my place at the bottom of the ladder :gigachad: