Agoracraft - Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 Server, Better than Adventure

• Thread starter h00
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 11904 times.

garret 427738

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Future project; I want to erect lighthouses on each entrance of the main river that runs through the island, and little docks next to the roadways. This would aid in navigation and access.
2024-04-21_09.52.35.png

seems to be coming along nicely :SataniaThumbsUp:
COCKPIT BLUNTSMOKER said:
2024-04-21_09.52.25.png

The lighthouse is a work in progress. I got it to blink but the redstone is tricky.
I will return to perfect the design. Or maybe someone else as autistic as me will try
2024-04-21_09.59.15.png

I had a go at making a redstone clock in a creative mode testing world, it does nice long intervals
though it's a bit bulky so would likely be best hidden underground somewhere, then the signal fed up into the lighthouse
i made a video explaining it, again on my website

Virtual Cafe Awards

COCKPIT BLUNTSMOKER

My Digital Footprint Will Absolve Me
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
seems to be coming along nicely :SataniaThumbsUp:

View attachment 96122
I had a go at making a redstone clock in a creative mode testing world, it does nice long intervals
though it's a bit bulky so would likely be best hidden underground somewhere, then the signal fed up into the lighthouse
i made a video explaining it, again on my website
This is a wonderful design, the strobe time is perfect
The only challenge now is implementation
my goal atm is to power a 3x3 ring of lamps, 2-3 stacks tall
I feel like that could only be done with a redstone block in the middle.
Do you think it's possible to have the piston pushing the block UP INTO the lamps? (or maybe even have the circuit above, pushing the redstone down into them?)

thanks for your experimentation anyway :ffzChika:

Last edited:

garret 427738

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
my goal atm is to power a 3x3 ring of lamps, 2 stacks tall
I feel like that could only be done with a redstone block in the middle.
Do you think it's possible to have the piston pushing the block UP INTO the lamps? (or maybe even have the circuit above, pushing the redstone down into them?)
well it's just a clock, the idea is that all it does is generate a signal with the right timings
and then you can take that signal and do whatever with it, e.g. connect to a piston up in the top that moves another redstone block, or just wire it directly to the lights, etc

did some more experimenting in the test world
i don't think you can have it pushing down into the lamps
there'll always be one that's lit no matter what, because of bullshit with how redstone works
2024-04-21_17.07.36.png
2024-04-21_17.05.42.png

and if you have the block pushing up in the clock, then how do you get the power to the repeaters
2024-04-21_17.10.50.png

so the design is rather set in stone i'm afraid

also, i think you might have to settle for a wider ring
you can get a piston to push a redstone block up into it, but again for ^bullshit reasons, it just stays there, even with no outside power
2024-04-21_17.19.41.png

sorry for pissing all over your plans lol

Attachments

• 2024-04-21_17.07.36.png
    2024-04-21_17.07.36.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

garret 427738

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I can totally work with a wider ring will just adjust the lighthouse size to accommodate
good news, you can have 3x1, if you put a block with redstone dust in the middle of the ring and then power that somehow, that does one layer
it also does the layer on top, but only partially- you don't get the diagonals
(i originally posted this as an edit to my original post, didn't see your followup at the time)

against my better judgement, EDIT:
"power that somehow"
2024-04-21_18.09.50.png

easiest way seems to be a redstone block pushed from the side
though i am conscious of how expensive this is getting, it's all well and good saying you need x y z in creative, in survival it's quite a different matter

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

big_ping07

I ♡ Broth
Reaction score
Awards
this game is fucking brutal... i thought i finally made it out of a cave, securing my first diamonds! but no. i ended up exiting into a river, at night. i was blown up by a creeper shortly thereafter :maaan:

EDIT: also, i posted a side quest. inquiring if someone is willing to make my beach bridge pretty. i have no inspiration and would appreciate the help. reward chest by my house (not the haunted one, on the other side of the beach). sorry it is not much, i'm challenged.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Ashman

Traversing the electro-astral realm
Reaction score
Awards
Website
deurachavich.moe
this game is fucking brutal... i thought i finally made it out of a cave, securing my first diamonds! but no. i ended up exiting into a river, at night. i was blown up by a creeper shortly thereafter :maaan:

EDIT: also, i posted a side quest. inquiring if someone is willing to make my beach bridge pretty. i have no inspiration and would appreciate the help. reward chest by my house (not the haunted one, on the other side of the beach). sorry it is not much, i'm challenged.
Where is it located?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

Logged in for just a bit tonight. Submitted a bridge for your quest!

Liking ビンス's mansion so far, and the new pub :)

I think as the rail system goes on, I may try to consolidate lines into some various hubs. Currently planning on one near the T in the main road near the Agoran Embassy, maybe another under CB's lawn. Would like to get a line out to h00's base and New Agora as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I tried making a 231 x 87 banner to ask Pirate to put on the front page with the other banners for Agoracraft but I'm not a fan of what I have. Can anyone make something better? If you want I'll send you my Agoracraft logo and miner Agora-chan if you need them.

AGORA ROAD'S FRAG NIGHTS (231x87).png

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I think as the rail system goes on, I may try to consolidate lines into some various hubs. Currently planning on one near the T in the main road near the Agoran Embassy, maybe another under CB's lawn. Would like to get a line out to h00's base and New Agora as well.
I haven't looked into what's been done about the rail system so I'm sorry if this suggestion is a waste.

RAIL SYSTEM IDEA: AGORA-LINK™

In order to make adding the rail system easy, I think we should consider simply updating existing infrastructure to also serve as a railway. One way we could do this is to add a subway underneath the paths around the island.

I've created a 3D cutaway to show what this might look like:

2024-04-27_16.15.31.png
2024-04-27_16.15.37.png
2024-04-27_16.15.43.png
2024-04-27_16.15.50.png

It would be a tunnel like this, I tried to choose common materials to make this easy. In areas where the path becomes a bridge, the rail line could simply become a bridge as well to cross and then turn back into a tunnel. (The rail bridge should be level with the tunnel.) Again, this is a cutaway, the actual tunnels would have 4 walls mirrored with the ones shown.

Subway stations would be the same as the tunnels basically but with a block and button to allow people to hop out and get back on:

2024-04-27_16.20.24.png

Additionally, they'd have stairs up to the surface (Not shown). For the sake of simplicity I didn't demonstrate that here but it also allows for you to customize each station to make them feel unique.

Basically all major buildings are along or very close to the path so I feel like this is a good idea.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
I haven't looked into what's been done about the rail system so I'm sorry if this suggestion is a waste.

In order to make adding the rail system easy, I think we should consider simply updating existing infrastructure to also serve as a railway. One way we could do this is to add a subway underneath the paths around the island.

View attachment 96710 View attachment 96711 View attachment 96712 View attachment 96713

It would be a tunnel like this, I tried to choose common materials to make this easy. In areas where the path becomes a bridge, the rail line could simply become a bridge as well to cross and then turn back into a tunnel. (The rail bridge should be level with the tunnel.) Again, this is a cutaway, the actual tunnels would have 4 walls mirrored with the ones shown.

Subway stations would be the same as the tunnels basically but with a block and button to allow people to hop out and get back on:

View attachment 96714

Additionally, they'd have stairs up to the surface (Not shown). For the sake of simplicity I didn't demonstrate that here but it also allows for you to customize each station to make them feel unique.

Basically all major buildings are along or very close to the path so I feel like this is a good idea.
I've been thinking that a subway system is a great idea for the server, and having it right under the walkways would make it much easier to implement.
Maybe we could use smoother blocks or bricks to make it feel more modern or /cyb/? I might be the only one who wants to go for that aesthetic though lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

garret 427738

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
In areas where the path becomes a bridge, the rail line could simply become a bridge as well to cross and then turn back into a tunnel. (The rail bridge should be level with the tunnel.)
the tunnel should go further underground in that case so it doesn't impede river usage for boats

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I've been thinking that a subway system is a great idea for the server, and having it right under the walkways would make it much easier to implement.
Maybe we could use smoother blocks or bricks to make it feel more modern or /cyb/? I might be the only one who wants to go for that aesthetic though lol
Up to you guys, really. I'm proposing the idea but I won't be in a position to really help with it for a while.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

View attachment 96710 View attachment 96711 View attachment 96712 View attachment 96713

View attachment 96714

Love the concept, but definitely needs to be a bit lower (at least for some areas). The powered rails will definitely need to be spaced much further, but that's not a problem.

Virtual Cafe Awards