I HATE CORPORATE MEMPHIS, IT DEMORALIZES ME AND MAKES ME HATE MYSELF,
I HATE CORPORATE MEMPHIS, IT DEMORALIZES ME AND MAKES ME HATE MYSELF,

View: https://youtu.be/Pql0__Ii67A

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Where we dropping boys? There's a breakdown of every district here.

EQUITERRA%202500X2500.jpg
video searching GIF by Polyvinyl Records

TARGET IDENTIFIED: RUBY TAYLOR IS THE ILLUSTRATOR

1669760966251.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I know I'm treading covered ground but this shit is so hideous to me. It's one thing to have black women or whatever in ads because while it's obvious corporate pandering they're still actually people not so different from me. This shit tries to be so inoffensive and inclusive that it ends up being exclusive to everyone. Paired it with the fact that it tries to be cheery while being used by the worst, most overbearing companies in the world makes the recoil all the more visceral. I try to take an open mind to art and do enjoy a lot of weirdo dadaist shit but this is just a bridge too far for me; it has no redeeming qualities and I'm pretty sure this shit is being generated by a transformer model in a basement somewhere, and a bad one at that.
The ONLY alegria art i accept
SOVLFVL

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
video searching GIF by Polyvinyl Records

TARGET IDENTIFIED: RUBY TAYLOR IS THE ILLUSTRATOR

View attachment 45102
Are we supposed to know who this is? I looked her up, and her website makes it clear that she's a a run of the mill "I use all the DEI buzzwords while accepting money from the biggest corporations in the world" cringe social justice warrior. That equiterria thing literally looks like if you told a middle schooler to draw what futuristic equality will look like.

It's one thing to have black women or whatever in ads because while it's obvious corporate pandering they're still actually people not so different from me. This shit tries to be so inoffensive and inclusive that it ends up being exclusive to everyone.
That's the thing, these "artists" do not simply show diverse groups of people using/buying the product being advertised; they make extremely ham fisted attempts at subliminally messaging their desired world. You will never (and I do mean never) see a straight white couple shown in these images. Straight couples must be portrayed as interracial, white men must be gay and placed in stereotypical places like art stores (how progressive), every boss is a Girl Boss™, you'll see plenty of burkas and turbans but no yarmulkes or crosses, and so on. The fact that like 95%+ of the world will end up in hetero relationships with people of their own ethnicity (because, you know, that's the dating pool they're exposed to) actually keeps these people up at night and keeps their therapists' pockets flushed with cash. It's a pathetic piece of work that holds literally no purpose other than to virtue signal - "Look at our company! We're hip and progressive just like you, so you should buy our liquor!" "Look at me! I hung a digital painting on my wall that shows a community without white men because I believe in progress!" Hearts and minds are not being changed by looking at shit like this.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Hearts and minds are not being changed by looking at shit like this.
The one boon of it all, really. It would be far worse if it actually did sway hearts and minds.

Virtual Cafe Awards

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't realize the name of this art style was Corporate Memphis. It sucks because if you looked up Memphis design instead you'll get rad MTV 80s patterns like this one below.
591735dab1d323d1337c527433c70d3f.jpg

Neo Memphis also showed up while I was looking this up and I dislike that too for the ugly black outlines and it's the style used by Cartoon Network in the mid 2010s, which was around the time I started losing interest in the newer shows. Clarence was probably the last CN show I liked.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
"I use all the DEI buzzwords while accepting money from the biggest corporations in the world" cringe social justice warrior.
How the fuck did the mainstream go from rightfully making of SJWs to letting them get all these easy positions of power over policy and culture? It still feels surreal how quickly that mentality shifted and how long it's been going on for now.

That's the thing, these "artists" do not simply show diverse groups of people using/buying the product being advertised; they make extremely ham fisted attempts at subliminally messaging their desired world.
Spot on, and it usually comes from an upper middle class that never actually has to live with the consequences of what they advocate for.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'd like to revisit this thread now that AI art is becoming more commonplace. It's going to be interesting seeing how this will affect graphic designers who create artworks in the corporate memphis style. Pretty soon most corporate artwork (If it isn't already) will be AI generated. Corporations won't have to pay a machine to do it for them but once. I myself was planning on getting into graphic design after I get my GED but have changed course in the past few months because of how prevalent AI art is in the modern landscape. If anything, we are going to be seeing a new era of soulless corporate art at the behest of the machines.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'd like to revisit this thread now that AI art is becoming more commonplace. It's going to be interesting seeing how this will affect graphic designers who create artworks in the corporate memphis style. Pretty soon most corporate artwork (If it isn't already) will be AI generated. Corporations won't have to pay a machine to do it for them but once. I myself was planning on getting into graphic design after I get my GED but have changed course in the past few months because of how prevalent AI art is in the modern landscape. If anything, we are going to be seeing a new era of soulless corporate art at the behest of the machines.

You should be able to do VERY well as a good-quality artist, especially if you're drawing realistic looking artworks.

The only "artists" who will be replaced by machines are those who do abstract nonesense, and people who draw super-simple shit.

AI will weed out the chaff, but it won't kill good art, because AI can't do realistic looking art (and never will, the models are incapable of that).

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
You should be able to do VERY well as a good-quality artist, especially if you're drawing realistic looking artworks.

The only "artists" who will be replaced by machines are those who do abstract nonesense, and people who draw super-simple shit.

AI will weed out the chaff, but it won't kill good art, because AI can't do realistic looking art (and never will, the models are incapable of that).
image.png

image.png

image.png

1676837801265987.jpg

girl-walking-on-paris-street.png

ai-bikini-women.jpg

Just flat out wrong
All the above are AI generated

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Spot on, and it usually comes from an upper middle class that never actually has to live with the consequences of what they advocate for.
"path to hell is laid by good intentions"
machine to do it for them but once. I myself was planning on getting into graphic design after I get my GED but have changed course in the past few months because of how prevalent AI art is in the modern landscape. If anything, we are going to be seeing a new era of soulless corporate art at the behest of the machines
where it belongs

Virtual Cafe Awards

A L I X

Cosmic Girl
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixx.ichi.city
Where we dropping boys? There's a breakdown of every district here.

EQUITERRA%202500X2500.jpg
This is the funniest shit I have ever seen. It even checks all marks:
  • CorpMemphis spaghetti slop
  • Paid for by corporations
  • Empty soulless inclusivity
  • Doesn't offer any solutions to the problem, just "imagine if life was perfect, the only thing you need to do is to bow for your corporate overlord". Doesn't even dare to question the modern day system.
It's like if a conservative made a parody of progressivists. Incredible.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com
This art style recently made the jump to 3D, I noticed this on the side of a bus stop:
costa-club-sept-21-buy-4-get-1-free-696x512.jpg
Gosh, this is nauseating. I wonder what made them assume the aesthetic would be any more popular if the 2d abomination people were made into photorealistic 3d abomination people. I can see all the lumps in her hair and her huge, oversized legs- it's basically like body horror.

What really gets me, though, is how they thought it'd be so striking to use this visual for what amounts to an extremely basic "buy 4, get 1 free" deal, which is very common and isn't at all innovative. It's not really an annoying ad because of the aesthetic, but because they thought they could appeal to gamers by acting like buying 4 coffees is as thrilling as being Mario, as if buying coffee is the same as leveling up or some shit. The ad would be just as cloying and tacky if they used a 2D pixel type style, but the Corpo Memphis here makes it even uglier. It truly is abysmal.

Virtual Cafe Awards