Virtual Cafe Awards

SchizoNomad

Professional unemployed
Reaction score
Awards
Website
monarchy4ever.lovestoblog.com
IMG_20231124_111832.jpg

I remember when I went on a school trip to the city of São Paulo, and let me tell you: The place was garbage, everything there was gray and square, it literally looked like that dystopian city from Half Life 2. But the biggest irony here was that our main point was the Estação da Luz Museum, a good part of the people who worked there were upper middle class women, you can see this by the fact that they were white, obese and had their hair cut or dyed, and also because a good part of the exhibition was "dedicated" to black culture, which would be okay if when we had arrived there weren't several homeless people right at the door of the Station (almost all of them were black). And there was also a section focused on LGBT culture, women and such, which I found very strange considering that the museum was right next to a train station where there were a lot of men coming in and out for their minimum wage industrial jobs and trying to support their families in that city where the rent is extremely high, also the crime rate in that city is also very high. All this kind of clowning is funded by the government, as a way to "encourage the development of culture", my ass.
IMG_20231124_152344.jpg

Photo of the Tietê River taken by me, it's literally a giant open sewer that smells like dead people and it appears right when you enter the city.
I got to take more pictures of the place, but it's not much different from what you expect, in fact the museum staff didn't let people take pictures of the exhibition, so meh.

Virtual Cafe Awards

A L I X

Cosmic Girl
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixx.ichi.city
View attachment 95927
I remember when I went on a school trip to the city of São Paulo, and let me tell you: The place was garbage, everything there was gray and square, it literally looked like that dystopian city from Half Life 2. But the biggest irony here was that our main point was the Estação da Luz Museum, a good part of the people who worked there were upper middle class women, you can see this by the fact that they were white, obese and had their hair cut or dyed, and also because a good part of the exhibition was "dedicated" to black culture, which would be okay if when we had arrived there weren't several homeless people right at the door of the Station (almost all of them were black). And there was also a section focused on LGBT culture, women and such, which I found very strange considering that the museum was right next to a train station where there were a lot of men coming in and out for their minimum wage industrial jobs and trying to support their families in that city where the rent is extremely high, also the crime rate in that city is also very high. All this kind of clowning is funded by the government, as a way to "encourage the development of culture", my ass.
View attachment 95920
Photo of the Tietê River taken by me, it's literally a giant open sewer that smells like dead people and it appears right when you enter the city.
I got to take more pictures of the place, but it's not much different from what you expect, in fact the museum staff didn't let people take pictures of the exhibition, so meh.
You went to Brazil. What were you expecting?

Virtual Cafe Awards

dargon

goth wannabe
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aboboracandy.neocities.org
View attachment 95927
I remember when I went on a school trip to the city of São Paulo
oh wow I live here
this [metro] station is in the region now known as crackolandia, u can wonder why, after some government dubious management. It is one of the most different stations as it mantains a 1900's aesthetic that I only found going to Europe, possibly bc they reused the train station.
at north we have a region full of homeless and concrete, most streets smell like piss, doodoo and old, barely functioning, car fumes;
west is somewhat better, more trees and stuff;
south is where, supposedly, the rich ppl live, but there's still lots of homeless bc rich ppl = easy beg money, so same smell as north, and some of the city's famous regions, and more dangerous, there's way more trees and very pretty areas;
east, stay away if u don't know anyone there.

Also the furthest u are in the south the less u see black ppl and more white weirdies smoking weed in front of the police/publicly (it's still criminalized)

Tiete nowadays is not as bad as it is portrayed, it used to be toxic to human exposure and said to be an (alternative) corpse dispatch zone
it had some restoration the past years and it is acceptable

the whole metro was, firstly, designed in the brutalism architecture philosophy, so in the impossible occasion that is being alone in them, you'll get a very dystopic scenario. I find it really cool and pretty, taking in account the idea behind the choice

the ong's that support the homeless earn money bc of that, one of my theories is that no one wants to solve that problem bc is profitable, so they keep them on that verge of living so they come back everytime. Consequently, São Paulo, a city, holds 25% of all homeless ppl in the whole country, one with continental proportions

the goverment is, and for most part of history has been, far right. bc the ppl in the state don't really care ab shit, to the point they're privatizing the subway, even though none of the actual residents, that use it, aprove it nor voted for that ugly dumbass

Virtual Cafe Awards

. . . ...

Dārio Valyrio Valyriat
Reaction score
Awards
Posting anything related to the UK almost feels like cheating PepSiDawgwitcan
View attachment 61637
I remember seeing ads like this in some place. There was one ad that said something a lot the lines of:
"There are x people in this neighbourhood who haven't paid their TV licence"

TV licence is also required even if you don't have a tv, if you watch tv services on any device. So for example, if you're watching sky tv live on youtube you still need the licence to watch it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zECK5307Wy8&ab_channel=TVLicensing

EzzyCrafts

Specimen 1.0-C
Reaction score
Awards
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR RAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHR GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE GET OFF YOUR PHONE IT WILL KILL YOU
I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
I remember seeing ads like this in some place. There was one ad that said something a lot the lines of:
"There are x people in this neighbourhood who haven't paid their TV licence"

TV licence is also required even if you don't have a tv, if you watch tv services on any device. So for example, if you're watching sky tv live on youtube you still need the licence to watch it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zECK5307Wy8&ab_channel=TVLicensing

why not just bill the TV license during the purchase of your streaming service as one of those lame government fees and since basically everyone owns a device that can potentially watch media, why not just bill the household one TV license during the annual house tax.

Also lmao at romanticizing the era before anti-biotics and modern medicine, and working 16 hours a day or you'll starve. Much of it unpaid. At only being able to eat various tasteless types of gruel because imports of fresh tropical fruits are both too expensive and the trade routes are not established yet. Have fun eating horse meat as a special treat every festival. What is there even to eat in Europe? Wheat and...barley? Most of you subsist off corn. Which is a New World crop.

Have fun being restricted to some shitty corner of some shitty country where you'll be both born and dead because travel across long distances is reserved for the wealthy.

What is there to even do in that era? Work mostly? Books are incredibly rare. You'll be lucky to be literate and without literacy all the secrets of the universe are forever locked out of your reach. With knowledge only passed down verbally and from memory.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

mikadomuncher

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
There's something vaguely dystopian about living in the UK sometimes...
I can't really put my finger on it though, maybe it's the massive, grey and beige brutalist buildings. Maybe it's the gum and bird shit and all the rubbish littered about everywhere. Maybe it's the cult around institutions that don't even work. Maybe it's the fact that the people governing our countries all went to the same schools and the same colleges. Maybe it's the fact that you need a licence to use your own TV. Maybe it's all the identical looking new builds.
I don't know...

Attachments

• gum.jpg
    gum.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
  • shit.jpg
    shit.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1
  • lookhimintheeyesNHS.jpg
    lookhimintheeyesNHS.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 2
  • deanoboxes.jpg
    deanoboxes.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 3
  • stevenage.jpg
    stevenage.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 2
  • woodlane.jpg
    woodlane.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ourdatabase.jpg
    ourdatabase.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2
  • plasticknives.jpg
    plasticknives.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
There's something vaguely dystopian about living in the UK sometimes...
I can't really put my finger on it though, maybe it's the massive, grey and beige brutalist buildings. Maybe it's the gum and bird shit and all the rubbish littered about everywhere. Maybe it's the cult around institutions that don't even work. Maybe it's the fact that the people governing our countries all went to the same schools and the same colleges. Maybe it's the fact that you need a licence to use your own TV. Maybe it's all the identical looking new builds.
I don't know...
1984 was about Britain of the future...
Or it always repeats...

Virtual Cafe Awards

幽邃森林

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have some OC here. Instead of giant ads featuring fat black women, here's some actual dystopian pics courtesy of the Chinese Communist Party. COVID added extra spice to it.

If you're capable of reading the moon runes, you'll discover that the country is plastered with propaganda posters that would come straight out of an Orwellian novel.

"Always pledge allegiance to the Party's words. Never wander away from the Party's footsteps."

"Listen to the Party. Follow the Party."

"10000 years to the glorious, incorruptible, and honorable Communist Party."

"Write in simplified characters (not traditional). Only speak Mandarin (and not your home language)."

And a bunch of messages glorifying big Poo.

All of these below streets arrayed in cameras.

Most people who go to China aren't phased or creeped out at all by this because they can't read (and even then, many of the propaganda poster characters are uncommon). I however find it as curious as when a European discovers how American schools do the pledge of allegiance.

A lot of images in this thread show a "before" of when an elite class takes all power. These show an "after".

Attachments

• IMG_20240425_204124.jpg
    IMG_20240425_204124.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240425_204051.jpg
    IMG_20240425_204051.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220409_171143_1.jpg
    IMG_20220409_171143_1.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220214_093213_1.jpg
    IMG_20220214_093213_1.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 2
Virtual Cafe Awards

幽邃森林

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
They're not very good at subtlety
They actually they have a methodology to it. These posters are few and far between when you get to Shenzhen (Hong Kong border) and the Shanghai area. The more inland you go, the more blatant they become.

I think this is purposefully done as these places are where the foreigners are most frequently found. When you get deep into places like Hubei, the propaganda will become extreme to the extent that you see a cult of personality for Xi. As in actual posters of his face and quotes.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Also lmao at romanticizing the era before anti-biotics and modern medicine, and working 16 hours a day or you'll starve. Much of it unpaid. At only being able to eat various tasteless types of gruel because imports of fresh tropical fruits are both too expensive and the trade routes are not established yet. Have fun eating horse meat as a special treat every festival. What is there even to eat in Europe? Wheat and...barley? Most of you subsist off corn. Which is a New World crop.

Have fun being restricted to some shitty corner of some shitty country where you'll be both born and dead because travel across long distances is reserved for the wealthy.

What is there to even do in that era? Work mostly? Books are incredibly rare. You'll be lucky to be literate and without literacy all the secrets of the universe are forever locked out of your reach. With knowledge only passed down verbally and from memory.
Why do some people assume that the only alternative to living in the present dystopia is to be sent back in time to dark age Europe?
Peak doomer-pill is thinking you can only escape the dystopia by going back to an inaccessible past, rather than forging a bight future.

Virtual Cafe Awards