How bad China's influence can get?

Talon

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I avoid giving them money by buying most things used either in a second-hand shop or online so I don't have to (at least directly) support their forced labor camps.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mamisu

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I LOOOVE China... SIKE! :MaximLove:

Virtual Cafe Awards

clearleaf

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've never been afraid of China's "influence" any more than the subversive shit from inside my own country/continent.

There was panic over China controlling the majority of btc mining but all they did was run machines like everyone else. It's mostly Americans who want to introduce censorship and blacklisting into bitcoin, and it doesn't even work that way anyway so it's straight up ignorance.

They get accused of "stealing" the manufacturing base from every western country but it was our own people that sold it all out from under us. China took the contracts and fulfilled them to the satisfaction of all parties involved. All that cheap flimsy shit is made to the exact specifications that WE give to them. And then they used the money to develop into a level similar to western countries. What's wrong with that? Not enough destruction, genocide, or world wars for our taste?

All my friends flip about Tencent owning shares in gaming companies but I don't see the difference between them and other companies doing the same shit. Oh but they censor skeletons and stuff. Like we don't know anything about being pearl clutching retards in north america. As if we were pumping out nothing but quality until the dang chinamen came along. If anything those games are actually better, and that's why they're "held hostage" on EGS instead of just being low quality crap nobody wants in the first place. Pretty wild scam right? They finance products that people want and offer them in exchange for money. I would love for western devs to take a page out of this communist conspiracy playbook.

I have similar feelings about the chinese housing speculators. What difference does it make in my life whether the house I can't afford is owned by a Chinese person, a white person, a Jew, or anybody else? There's always going to be profiteers in the world but I thought the point of the government being against China was for them to actually be AGAINST China and protect us from them. But they don't, so that's the fuckup. You might as well blame roaches for existing while paying an exterminator to do absolutely nothing whatsoever.

There's been a lot on TV and the radio lately about chinese spyware. To everyone worried about that I say welcome to computers in 2021. If you think that's bad you should be sending letter bombs to your own government because they've infested every physical and software layer of every consumer electronic with enough tracking and back door access that the US government right now is actively trying to kill multiple people for revealing how bad it is.

The social credit thing is a joke because we have social credit too. This post is now interactive. Join the fun by guessing when credit scores were introduced in North America. From the beginning of time, right? It was 1989. If your credit score is bad (your fault or not) you don't have the same access to housing, vehicles, anything built around debt and lending to get. We've been happy to slurp that cum for 32 years yet social credit (which isn't even real in the way people see it here) is 1984 and must be stopped.

The only thing I see in all of the anti china propaganda is the pot calling the kettle black. It's especially rich coming from older people who stood by and even participated in their own culture practically inventing all this shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
Hello. An issue that bothers me is the China. With the winter olympics soon, i think it's the perfect time to open this topic to talk about how problematic is chinese governent in several topics like in politics, society, infustructure and health, two years after the pandemic began there, which get overshadowed by their rapid growing economy and their sense of pride.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAzyp9uXb4s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWUDrZcdhg0

The 2nd video shows how dangerous is street food in China. Frying oil picked up from the sewers to get reused again, fake squid, fake liquer which is colored sugar water

Holy shit, China's literally replicating the conditions and risks of cooking food in The Zone.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
They even copied european cities architecture. Hey at least they have gardens unlike the real thing. Paris has a bad reputation for the pollution, the lack of green and gardens, not to mention the homeless people.

Virtual Cafe Awards

clearleaf

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
They even copied european cities architecture. Hey at least they have gardens unlike the real thing
A funny conspiracy theory I heard about these things is that it's building up to a human zoo of all the world's races and ethnicities. When China takes over France, they'll have this nice little habitat for the french people to live in and be studied/observed/bred. They also have London and some American cities.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I like the fact historical brands moved their production to China and consumers noticed a decrease in qualty which they were known for. I think products not made is China is cool idea. Not to mention cosmetics and stuff that make contact with the food made there are dangerous due to the materials used and quality control are not submitted. The less we rely on consumerism the better

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know about the reach of Chinese propaganda in improving the CCP's reputation but holy shit are they doing a bad job at it, nobody except their bootlickers like them. Unless they're going the route of establishing the big bully image for other countries to fear, which if that's the case well done Chairman Pooh. Tik Tok is also doing pretty well at destroying western civilization given how the algorithm pushes negative content like encouraging dangerous shit and stealing outside China, where instead they show a lot of positive and patriotic content.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The Chinese style of total government control over everything and public-private fusion, seems to be appealing to the politician and technocratic class in general. If you hear the great reset, just think China with a lot cleaner air and much less social mobility.

As for culture I doubt China will have much influence in the "west" considering what they have is basically a knock off of 90s American consumerism. As a civilization China is a failure. They don't even wear their own dresses and wear the global monoculture uniform. Japan had a much more distinct culture, which shows in their entertainment industry.

So ultimately what I worry about is their style of management becoming the norm, because they are so "efficient". The question that never gets asked is, what are they more efficient for? Not for making the average folk have a more fulfilling life, that's for sure.

DOOM95.EXE

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I like the fact historical brands moved their production to China and consumers noticed a decrease in qualty which they were known for. I think products not made is China is cool idea. Not to mention cosmetics and stuff that make contact with the food made there are dangerous due to the materials used and quality control are not submitted. The less we rely on consumerism the better
I began renting a new place just days before 'rona hit the USA. When it came time to buy a new bedroom set, I didn't want anything manufactured in China. It's shocking how nearly impossible it is to purchase ANY furniture that wasn't made over there. I wound up sleeping on a futon on the floor for months until I found a domestic manufacturer because I refuse to spend another dime on shitty Chinese particle board ever again.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I began renting a new place just days before 'rona hit the USA. When it came time to buy a new bedroom set, I didn't want anything manufactured in China. It's shocking how nearly impossible it is to purchase ANY furniture that wasn't made over there. I wound up sleeping on a futon on the floor for months until I found a domestic manufacturer because I refuse to spend another dime on shitty Chinese particle board ever again.
I would certainly support buying stuff from my own place... if there were products to purshase.

Talon

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know what country you're from, but if you're in the US and have money to drop on good furniture try ordering Amish-made stuff. It's all handcrafted here in the US and built to last multiple generations.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I've never been afraid of China's "influence" any more than the subversive shit from inside my own country/continent.

There was panic over China controlling the majority of btc mining but all they did was run machines like everyone else. It's mostly Americans who want to introduce censorship and blacklisting into bitcoin, and it doesn't even work that way anyway so it's straight up ignorance.

They get accused of "stealing" the manufacturing base from every western country but it was our own people that sold it all out from under us. China took the contracts and fulfilled them to the satisfaction of all parties involved. All that cheap flimsy shit is made to the exact specifications that WE give to them. And then they used the money to develop into a level similar to western countries. What's wrong with that? Not enough destruction, genocide, or world wars for our taste?

All my friends flip about Tencent owning shares in gaming companies but I don't see the difference between them and other companies doing the same shit. Oh but they censor skeletons and stuff. Like we don't know anything about being pearl clutching retards in north america. As if we were pumping out nothing but quality until the dang chinamen came along. If anything those games are actually better, and that's why they're "held hostage" on EGS instead of just being low quality crap nobody wants in the first place. Pretty wild scam right? They finance products that people want and offer them in exchange for money. I would love for western devs to take a page out of this communist conspiracy playbook.

I have similar feelings about the chinese housing speculators. What difference does it make in my life whether the house I can't afford is owned by a Chinese person, a white person, a Jew, or anybody else? There's always going to be profiteers in the world but I thought the point of the government being against China was for them to actually be AGAINST China and protect us from them. But they don't, so that's the fuckup. You might as well blame roaches for existing while paying an exterminator to do absolutely nothing whatsoever.

There's been a lot on TV and the radio lately about chinese spyware. To everyone worried about that I say welcome to computers in 2021. If you think that's bad you should be sending letter bombs to your own government because they've infested every physical and software layer of every consumer electronic with enough tracking and back door access that the US government right now is actively trying to kill multiple people for revealing how bad it is.

The social credit thing is a joke because we have social credit too. This post is now interactive. Join the fun by guessing when credit scores were introduced in North America. From the beginning of time, right? It was 1989. If your credit score is bad (your fault or not) you don't have the same access to housing, vehicles, anything built around debt and lending to get. We've been happy to slurp that cum for 32 years yet social credit (which isn't even real in the way people see it here) is 1984 and must be stopped.

The only thing I see in all of the anti china propaganda is the pot calling the kettle black. It's especially rich coming from older people who stood by and even participated in their own culture practically inventing all this shit.
The best take in this entire thread. China being perceived as a direct threat is a feature, not a glitch. Why should a westerner care about eastern influence when it is internal rot that is degrading their sense of self worth more than anything else? US media is appealing to the Chinese now, the US has gone limp dick on pretending to be the global powerhouse of culture. The "boomers" sold their own children's future out for a cheap Chinese cash grab.

Virtual Cafe Awards