Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not a specific video, but I'm very nostalgic for coming home after school, logging in, and watching RayWilliamJohnson.

It's crazy to think that, not that long ago, internet culture was both small and slow enough that we could reasonably expect one dude to make videos covering basically all of the highlights. And without being toxic, no less. I feel like no one even attempts to do that anymore, as things move too fast, there's too much to be aware of it all, and the concept of "commentary" has become... well I'm sure you all are familiar with modern YouTube commentary. We had no idea how good we had it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I find something very comfy listening playlists of old/classic creepypastas. Nowadays everyone knows creepypastas are fake so most of the stories feel really tryhard. Not necessarily in a bad way, something like the Left-Right game is great, but you can tell like in the first paragraph that this was a story written by a professional. While older creepypastas have this campfire story feel to them that makes them feel more believable, probably because they were much more concerned with tricking you into believing that there truly is something like a lost and curse copy of Pokemon Majoras Smile.jpg out there.

Here is a playlist I use. Hopefully, it links to the actual playlist and not just the low-quality video lol. If it doesn't work, just typing 'Classic creepypasta playlist' on the youtube search bar works for me.

View: https://youtu.be/q_23mSZDF1A

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

I used to be obsessed with don't hug me I'm scared as a kid. 2 and 6 were my favorites. Nowadays the videos look cringe to me. But I've got an anime pfp so my opinion isn't that valuable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

I still watch Hitler Rant Parodies to this day. It's kinda interesting how nazis and nazism became sort of the biggest joke in some circles. Their ideas feel ridiculous to us so it makes sense we sometimes portray figures like Hitler as a complete joke. Part of me wonders if we laugh at nazis because we as humans have morally progressed so much that their ideas seem insane to a point of hilarity, or because we haven't come to terms with the evils of nazism and by extension the evils of humanity. I guess what I'm saying is, I wonder how a holocaust victim feels about Hitler rant parodies, or that Hitler-Chan eroge that's supposed to come out. Unironically.

I tend to cope with tragedy and pain with laughter and satire, but I'm not sure that is a healthy thing to do.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Many of the videos I watched when I was young are now deleted from the site, and I doubt any reuploads exist. :JigglyThump:

Although I never watched of many of them back in the day myself, I have been collecting a list of older/obscure Youtube videos that I've been linked to on imageboards or via the recommendation feed. Even if I don't remember them, I would like to showcase them, on the off chance that others here have seen them before.

Here are some of my favorites I've found so far:

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Many of the videos I watched when I was young are now deleted from the site, and I doubt any reuploads exist. :JigglyThump:

Although I never watched of many of them back in the day myself, I have been collecting a list of older/obscure Youtube videos that I've been linked to on imageboards or via the recommendation feed. Even if I don't remember them, I would like to showcase them, on the off chance that others here have seen them before.

Here are some of my favorites I've found so far:

You should totally make a playlist out of these (And share it)

Virtual Cafe Awards