What upcoming Video Games are you looking forward to?

• Thread starter Duvet
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 13132 times.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Elden Ring DLC I guess.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Friends convinced me to play the Diablo beta over the weekend. Haven't touched anything from Blizzard in like... 15 years? But it was enjoyable enough, especially playing with friends, that I think I'll probably get it upon release.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I wasn't really looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom that much simply because I don't really play games as often anymore and I figured it would be too similar to Breath of the Wild. But HOLY SHIT that gameplay trailer that they released yesterday was so friggen cool. The amount of freedom with the fuse ability will be so much fun. Also it gives an actual use for materials unlike late game Breath of the Wild when they essentially become useless. I also can't wait to see what kind of glitches will be found.

Virtual Cafe Awards

AlienHoliday

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm excited for that one tournament style FPS The Finals. I'm glad game devs are finally remembering that not every multiple game has to either be a battle-royale or a CSGO clone. Destruction seems cool and I'm glad the gameplay seems to be more centered around having fun than being hyper-deterministic because that's what gamers think makes a game skillful.

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
I wasn't really looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom that much simply because I don't really play games as often anymore and I figured it would be too similar to Breath of the Wild. But HOLY SHIT that gameplay trailer that they released yesterday was so friggen cool. The amount of freedom with the fuse ability will be so much fun. Also it gives an actual use for materials unlike late game Breath of the Wild when they essentially become useless. I also can't wait to see what kind of glitches will be found.
The fuse ability is potentially a huge game-changer. Since each item and object will have different combat properties, it's almost like an RPG where you can make any character you want but it's with the physics and chemistry of the game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
The fuse ability is potentially a huge game-changer. Since each item and object will have different combat properties, it's almost like an RPG where you can make any character you want but it's with the physics and chemistry of the game.
I kind of compared it to my friends as "gmod meets legend of zelda" but I think that might be underselling it a bit. I can't even begin to think of how hard it was to think about every single combination of items and then program it into the game. Like the amount of work is mind-boggling to me.

Also can you imagine the speedrunning possibilities? This game is going to be so fucking broken by the end of its lifecycle, it'll be awesome

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I kind of compared it to my friends as "gmod meets legend of zelda" but I think that might be underselling it a bit. I can't even begin to think of how hard it was to think about every single combination of items and then program it into the game. Like the amount of work is mind-boggling to me.

Also can you imagine the speedrunning possibilities? This game is going to be so fucking broken by the end of its lifecycle, it'll be awesome
Also i want a better story for the game(I'm afraid of becoming avengers esque story with gems and stuff), bosses even if they are from older entries(Gleeok fight will be amazing) and actually good dungeons which aren't the same thing in terms of visuals(I found divine beast a bit stale for the size of botw). All those stuff are amazing and echanting more the gameplay styles and freedom of exploration which is an important aspect for the series where the wii and ds(I can't forget the stupid train gimmick in spirit tracks and that awful reperative dungeon on phantom hourglass) zelda games ignored it. BOTW was amazing game in my option but it needed more stuff in terms of items.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't buy bayonetta origins because it was asking too much like 60 euros for a 15 hour indie esque game(The graphics are amazing. Reminded me of supergiant games.) which there is simular stuff for 15-20 euros. Wish they announce eventually Okami 2. I played the first one. Honestly it aged a bit badly and the setting isn't accessiable and appreciated for everyone. Good game nonetheless but the remake had its issues like lack of va dialogue which for indies are ok for nostalgic reasons and i want more.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
News on the Salvato front since I had a whinge about him in this thread before, looks like he's working on a bullet-hell platforming game for the Amiga.

Well it's a cool project, nice to see him do something which is more programmatically interesting than a Ren'Py game, and he hasn't forgotten about that mysterious visual novel either:
" ... this is my smallest of three upcoming projects. One is a visual novel, and another is a secret. Since this is a side project fueled by a niche passion of mine, I felt comfortable revealing it earlier than my other projects."
Even though he says nothing specific about it and seems occupied with this current project, I wager he's still chipping away at the VN. If we're lucky, we'll get a picture of concept art or something in another five years.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Rouge Trader. I played two Owlcat cRPGs inspired by Pathfinder and liked them very much, and I like Wh40k, so it will be "must have" for me.
Kingmaker and WotR are actual Pathfinder campaigns that Owlcat created into CRPGs. Rogue Trader is Owlcat's first try into writing their own story.

Virtual Cafe Awards