Why minors being interested in Y2K is a problem

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
so ok, if children (quarter-past 18-20-year-olds) talked like that... but when adults do, FOR FUN, as here e.g. @Dr. MacGutsy ?

we see - if that is in front of children, THEN it is bad

but the PROBLEM is, when someone talk like for fun - NO MATTER, only SITUATIONS do - if it is taken SERIOUSLY, or FOR FUN - AND, in what CONTEXT!

in some book about psychology, there was example between ADULT X ADULT, KID X ADULT COMMUNICATION... this may as well be it, but in perverted sense; and indeed, grooming too, is a thing...

(idk tho "how much" it is all y2k, but simce 80s at least, - fandoms start to be a thing - media is no longer made for sake of "creative spurt/need", but ONLY for bussiness's sake, to make THOSE PROFITABLE. --- idea that comes to mind is - WHO is THE AUDIENCE for THESE MEDIA, FRANCHISES???... You see, this misatribution... see picture: )
View attachment 87423
do you want(ed) to SAY THIS, - or is it tad-bit an off-topic?
what you WANTED TO SAY AT ALL?! - we are starting to GET LOST in here, you see - "jeden o koze, druhý o voze"...
Context obviously matters in the way people talk to eachother, in the context of the site I wrote it is not jokes, it is pure grooming. I am specifically talking about this site alongside how Y2K has an effect on it. I am not saying all of Y2K is grooming

Virtual Cafe Awards

A L I X

Cosmic Girl
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixx.ichi.city
I like this reply, you know why? Because you actually explain yourself. I appreciate that, I do not master the English language fully. All I say there is a correlation between Y2K and the amount of pedophiles that are rising. I have NEVER said Y2K is a direct issue that eventually results into grooming, I have said that pedophiles use this aesthetic to be able to groom easier (freedom, emo and troubled people), mostly kids that want to be something when they feel like they are nothing... The epstein thing makes sense.
Thanks for that, English is actually not my native language so it makes me happy to see how far I have gotten since I started.:agsmile:
And as for the grooming part, you're kind of right in that, but still, this has happened everywhere and everytime. y2k being used for it is honestly something "normal" (normal in the sense that it has already happened before with many other things).
Also, the Epstein thing was a joke, I meant something like this:
FyRGsgUakAErX12.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

A L I X

Cosmic Girl
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixx.ichi.city
Context obviously matters in the way people talk to eachother, in the context of the site I wrote it is not jokes, it is pure grooming.
What kind of jokes you mean? Every teenager jokes about sex, dick, asses, and everything you can think of.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
Yes, for some people it's hard to grasp.

Is this an attack on Y2K? No. I'm saying that next to all the fun this aesthetic has, but sites like spacehey.com are filled with pedophiles and groomers,
the entire internet is full of pedos and groomers, its just easier to get away with it on sites like spacehey becuz they have little 2 no moderation
the same can be said for literally any social platform online whether it be forums, imageboards, IM, etc
although even then i wouldnt blame spacehey or any of the y2k stuffz their users enjoy
as long as internet culture exists online, there will be weirdos trying 2 use it for whatever they want

like tiktok, snapchat, and all the other big tech giants that teens use r just as bad as spacehey if not WORSE when it comes 2 creeps and pedos so i dont rlly see the issue with it
sure, an effort can be made, but they'll just find new tactics and new websites 2 use
for the most part, spacehey is pretty tame tbh

as for why they are attracted to old internet culture, im sure its just a fad just like how they treated vaporwave back in 2016 and i doubt in a couple years itll still be going strong
already ive been seeing ppl try 2 emulate like 2014-2016 internet culture, so
the cycle continues

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
What kind of jokes you mean? Every teenager jokes about sex, dick, asses, and everything you can think of.
It's not teenager to teenager. Its adult x teenager.

the entire internet is full of pedos and groomers, its just easier to get away with it on sites like spacehey becuz they have little 2 no moderation
the same can be said for literally any social platform online whether it be forums, imageboards, IM, etc
although even then i wouldnt blame spacehey or any of the y2k stuffz their users enjoy
as long as internet culture exists online, there will be weirdos trying 2 use it for whatever they want

like tiktok, snapchat, and all the other big tech giants that teens use r just as bad as spacehey if not WORSE when it comes 2 creeps and pedos so i dont rlly see the issue with it
sure, an effort can be made, but they'll just find new tactics and new websites 2 use
for the most part, spacehey is pretty tame tbh

as for why they are attracted to old internet culture, im sure its just a fad just like how they treated vaporwave back in 2016 and i doubt in a couple years itll still be going strong
already ive been seeing ppl try 2 emulate like 2014-2016 internet culture, so
the cycle continues
I agree alot, ofcourse Y2K is not the only subculture prone to pedophilia. It was all just a personal observation I made after going to a site like that, currently, I cannot name more sites like that that share the same issues. Snapchat, tiktok and instagram is DEFINITELY worse by all means, I just mean that in this subculture, it is rising and in my personal observation rising hard.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Unfortunately the grooming issue is something present in almost any fandom/online community and it goes back to AoL chatrooms, OG Xbox Live, and pretty much anywhere else that facilitates online communication. I sort of get what you're saying about SpaceHey since I've noticed a similar trend of young teens on Neocities recently (and even here on Agora too) but I don't think there is anything particular about the Y2K aesthetic itself as an identity that encourages this. That being said, I don't recall this trend with the original vaporwave movement (but I'll elaborate on that a little later.)

The sickness of hyper individualism and chasing a self re-affirming digital feedback loop is driving people to go to more extreme (and some would argue degenerate) lengths to chase that high, and it's a mind virus that has spread everywhere. Go to any viral Tweet or hell even some gaming subreddits and it's a nonstop barrage of primarily young women (but sometimes guys/femboys) digitally whoring themselves out to make a couple bucks on OnlyFans. What you are witnessing an increasingly isolated, aggressive, and desperate society playing out.

There's that larger environment looming in the background while the Y2k kids are coming of age. Minors are being increasingly sexualized and encouraged to embrace a sexual identity by external influences/media. The generation nostalgic for the Y2k era are the ones who first got hit hard with this wave of propaganda. It's not really taboo (in the perceived mainstream) for them to speak openly about sexual stuff at an early age, especially the LGBT stuff, the system pretty much encourages it now.

The other issue is that child/teen corners of the net aren't really around anymore (if I recall someone had a good thread on this, can't find it rn.) You don't have these tightly moderated spaces like a Club Penguin (maybe Roblox is the new version of that but it seems sort of like a wildwest from what I saw.) Just like adults with niche interests, kids are being herded onto the same few centralized platforms like Twitter/Discord, and it's one less barrier of entry for creeps to access children.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately the grooming issue is something present in almost any fandom/online community and it goes back to AoL chatrooms, OG Xbox Live, and pretty much anywhere else that facilitates online communication. I sort of get what you're saying about SpaceHey since I've noticed a similar trend of young teens on Neocities recently (and even here on Agora too) but I don't think there is anything particular about the Y2K aesthetic itself as an identity that encourages this. That being said, I don't recall this trend with the original vaporwave movement (but I'll elaborate on that a little later.)

The sickness of hyper individualism and chasing a self re-affirming digital feedback loop is driving people to go to more extreme (and some would argue degenerate) lengths to chase that high, and it's a mind virus that has spread everywhere. Go to any viral Tweet or hell even some gaming subreddits and it's a nonstop barrage of primarily young women (but sometimes guys/femboys) digitally whoring themselves out to make a couple bucks on OnlyFans. What you are witnessing an increasingly isolated, aggressive, and desperate society playing out.

There's that larger environment looming in the background while the Y2k kids are coming of age. Minors are being increasingly sexualized and encouraged to embrace a sexual identity by external influences/media. The generation nostalgic for the Y2k era are the ones who first got hit hard with this wave of propaganda. It's not really taboo (in the perceived mainstream) for them to speak openly about sexual stuff at an early age, especially the LGBT stuff, the system pretty much encourages it now.

The other issue is that child/teen corners of the net aren't really around anymore (if I recall someone had a good thread on this, can't find it rn.) You don't have these tightly moderated spaces like a Club Penguin (maybe Roblox is the new version of that but it seems sort of like a wildwest from what I saw.) Just like adults with niche interests, kids are being herded onto the same few centralized platforms like Twitter/Discord, and it's one less barrier of entry for creeps to access children.
Nicely said, you word it out good. Yes, as I said before grooming has always been an issue. And yes, spacehey AND neocities is definitely increasing in sexualized minors. But like I said before, it's not Y2K that enables it directly, but that it's an appealing aesthetic to these kind of people (like u said about hyper individualism and re affirming) And yeah, kids are increasingly being sexualized and encouraged to act mature, hence this Y2K (a mature subculture) fits into the grooming appeal because it was a subculture usually a bit older people would follow, usually of age. Ofcourse, there were minors but the aesthetic as a whole (low pants, skin showing) is a adult subculture, tell me if I'm wrong with that. (edit: so the fact that children are heavily being appealed to such subcultures makes them forcefully act like a adult and "maturing")

Virtual Cafe Awards
did you mean "y2K" when it happened (1997 - 2004/..5)?
what i got know is: "one dudesse (is 30-something) on aesthetics wiki, told me how emo subculture is/was full of groomers. you said that in thread already", "she said thats why the When we were young, is not good idea"
scene and those LGBT places of 90s, 2000s (old-web), with soc-scis (Frankfurt school "revolutionaries") and groomers (well, it was "normal" back then, for older dudes to go for young women. and young women seeking "bad" boys...)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: eve

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
did you mean "y2K" when it happened (1997 - 2004/..5)?
what i got know is: "one dudesse (is 30-something) on aesthetics wiki, told me how emo subculture is/was full of groomers. you said that in thread already", "she said thats why the When we were young, is not good idea"
scene and those LGBT places of 90s, 2000s (old-web), with soc-scis (Frankfurt school "revolutionaries") and groomers (well, it was "normal" back then, for older dudes to go for young women. and young women seeking "bad" boys...)
I'm talking about currently, the now, the Y2K aesthetic. However, I made an edit in my Original Post. Feel free to reac to that, I hope it clears things up

Virtual Cafe Awards
i am stupid, never knew you meant Y2K as in mode/style/clothes appearel... my dumb as thought only of blobitecture, blobjects, plastic-"wrapped" transparent (color) tech and "hope" for future (that died in 2006 and def. in 2008 when Economy crashed)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
i am stupid, never knew you meant Y2K as in mode/style/clothes appearel... my dumb as thought only of blobitecture, blobjects, plastic-"wrapped" transparent (color) tech and "hope" for future (that died in 2006 and def. in 2008 when Economy crashed)
It's okay, alot of misunderstandings were shown in this thread

Virtual Cafe Awards

containercore

The Y2K bug was real, civilization ended in 1999
Reaction score
Awards
Website
brainiacplaza.net
I like this reply, you know why? Because you actually explain yourself. I appreciate that, I do not master the English language fully. All I say there is a correlation between Y2K and the amount of pedophiles that are rising. I have NEVER said Y2K is a direct issue that eventually results into grooming, I have said that pedophiles use this aesthetic to be able to groom easier (freedom, emo and troubled people), mostly kids that want to be something when they feel like they are nothing... The epstein thing makes sense.
?????? Epstein used Y2K aesthetics to lure minors onto his island?? What on earth are you babbling about?

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
The girls there posts alot of selfies and like to give themselves alot of attention on this site, fitting with the Y2k/emo aesthetic.
Nigga, we are in a vaporwave nostalgia forum inspired by Y2K vibes. Complaining about this seems a bit ironic, considering nostalgia operates in cycles – the next generation will likely get all sentimental about the 2020s. It's just the way things roll, you know? No disrespect intended, but most of your concerns seem like minor nitpicks. It's just an aesthetic and a case of anemoia. kid stuff, kid stuff in the forsaken digital age.

I vividly recall my "vaporwave" phase at, what, 14? It might have seemed silly, but it was just an admiration for a particular aesthetic. Speaking of which, the sexualization aspect often revolves around personal choices – let's be real, it's been prevalent since the vaporwave era (well, pretty much since all movements). Many aesthetics have a tendency to delve into that territory to some extent, and it boils down to individuals, both producers and consumers. It's not a new phenomenon, nor is it commendable. In fact, it can be downright problematic. Nevertheless, it's crucial to recognize that individuals, particularly producers, play a significant role in engaging with and perpetuating such aspects.

Stay vigilant in monitoring your children's activities to provide them with full protection and nurture a loving, open, comprehensive, and respectful environment. Even when you can't be physically present, fostering self-awareness and critical thinking is crucial to safeguard them from potential predators. These predators target defenseless, ignorant, and traumatized victims, making it imperative to empower your children with the tools they need to stay safe.

One site in particular where this is the main influx of people is "Spacehey.com" where alot of underage boys and girls act grown up
I completely agree with you on this point. I once had a SpaceHey, and it became quite frustrating not finding people my age to connect with. I mean, why are there so many kids there? It's supposed to be a space for those nostalgic about MySpace (even though I never used it, and I'm 21 dawg. It's like dealing with goo-goo ga-ga—go back to your momma's crib situation The internet is for grown-up, go read a book, kill insects, burn your dog, do something else kiddo.

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
Additionally, there are instances such as traumacore, which serves as an outlet for individuals who have experienced abuse but find it challenging to openly discuss their trauma due to family defenses or societal judgment. It functions as a safe space for these individuals to articulate and comprehend their experiences better. It's important not to hastily pass judgment, as the context can add layers of complexity beyond initial appearances.

Stream Traumacore by xancorw | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
Nigga, we are in a vaporwave nostalgia forum inspired by Y2K vibes. Complaining about this seems a bit ironic, considering nostalgia operates in cycles – the next generation will likely get all sentimental about the 2020s. It's just the way things roll, you know? No disrespect intended, but most of your concerns seem like minor nitpicks. It's just an aesthetic and a case of anemoia. kid stuff, kid stuff in the forsaken digital age.

I vividly recall my "vaporwave" phase at, what, 14? It might have seemed silly, but it was just an admiration for a particular aesthetic. Speaking of which, the sexualization aspect often revolves around personal choices – let's be real, it's been prevalent since the vaporwave era (well, pretty much since all movements). Many aesthetics have a tendency to delve into that territory to some extent, and it boils down to individuals, both producers and consumers. It's not a new phenomenon, nor is it commendable. In fact, it can be downright problematic. Nevertheless, it's crucial to recognize that individuals, particularly producers, play a significant role in engaging with and perpetuating such aspects.

Stay vigilant in monitoring your children's activities to provide them with full protection and nurture a loving, open, comprehensive, and respectful environment. Even when you can't be physically present, fostering self-awareness and critical thinking is crucial to safeguard them from potential predators. These predators target defenseless, ignorant, and traumatized victims, making it imperative to empower your children with the tools they need to stay safe.
Have you read my edit? I have never complained about Y2K.
I completely agree with you on this point. I once had a SpaceHey, and it became quite frustrating not finding people my age to connect with. I mean, why are there so many kids there? It's supposed to be a space for those nostalgic about MySpace (even though I never used it, and I'm 21 dawg. It's like dealing with goo-goo ga-ga—go back to your momma's crib situation The internet is for grown-up, go read a book, kill insects, burn your dog, do something else kiddo.
I agree

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
?????? Epstein used Y2K aesthetics to lure minors onto his island?? What on earth are you babbling about?
Y2k appears in the Epstein list of names, alongside with John Discord, and Dr. Meine Kraft Tuber.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards