Agoracraft - Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 Server, Better than Adventure

• Thread starter h00
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 12467 times.

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
Love the concept, but definitely needs to be a bit lower (at least for some areas). The powered rails will definitely need to be spaced much further, but that's not a problem.
Yeah, it was just meant to pitch the concept in a small slice. Not representative of the actual size.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mew

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, it was just meant to pitch the concept in a small slice. Not representative of the actual size.
would we integrate this with my existing direct railway infra? i feel like most houses are already connected, and those that aren't could definitely erect their own stations along the tracks and connect with either my station or another one (i might need to make some more stations, mine is pretty full lol. guess that's what i get for being in the center of the map). as far as height my standard height was 125 which seems to be fine for most underground land applications, however if we create a subway along the main agora road i'm concerned it might conflict with some of the existing railways. this is definitely a massive project that has potential.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mew

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
well it's just a clock, the idea is that all it does is generate a signal with the right timings
and then you can take that signal and do whatever with it, e.g. connect to a piston up in the top that moves another redstone block, or just wire it directly to the lights, etc

did some more experimenting in the test world
i don't think you can have it pushing down into the lamps
there'll always be one that's lit no matter what, because of bullshit with how redstone works
View attachment 96148View attachment 96144
and if you have the block pushing up in the clock, then how do you get the power to the repeaters
View attachment 96147
so the design is rather set in stone i'm afraid

also, i think you might have to settle for a wider ring
you can get a piston to push a redstone block up into it, but again for ^bullshit reasons, it just stays there, even with no outside power
View attachment 96146

sorry for pissing all over your plans lol
wouldn't this work?
Screenshot_2024-04-29_22-54-36.png

or like do you need them on all at once

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
would we integrate this with my existing direct railway infra? i feel like most houses are already connected, and those that aren't could definitely erect their own stations along the tracks and connect with either my station or another one [...] as far as height my standard height was 125 which seems to be fine for most underground land applications, however if we create a subway along the main agora road i'm concerned it might conflict with some of the existing railways. this is definitely a massive project that has potential.
Yes -- part of my idea (that I forgot to mention) was to connect it to any existing rail lines. My thought was that AgoraLink™ would be the name of the subway loop that goes around the island under the paths. Any other rail lines would connect but be their own thing to create a network of separate railways.

Some kind of a team will need to be established to manage and handle this project going forward. While I suggested the idea, I'm too busy working on my house atm to help out. I'll probably join up later on.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Yes -- part of my idea (that I forgot to mention) was to connect it to any existing rail lines. My thought was that AgoraLink™ would be the name of the subway loop that goes around the island under the paths. Any other rail lines would connect but be their own thing to create a network of separate railways.

Some kind of a team will need to be established to manage and handle this project going forward. While I suggested the idea, I'm too busy working on my house atm to help out. I'll probably join up later on.
I think we can make this work, given there's enough butter bars to make the powered rails. A tram sort of system under the roads, with specific junctions that can go to the private stations.

It shouldn't replace the infrastructure Mew started, but instead provide an alternative to make new lines cheaper to build. I suppose a player could theoretically build a massive underground station with direct access to every single individual if they wanted, but for some it would be easier to jump in at the nearest tram link.

I like "AgoraLink".

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mew

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
no, this happens in singleplayer worlds too. looks like a fundamental issue with either the mod or the version. too bad, no running clocks. maybe can be circumvented by forcing the server to keep updating akin to modern /tickingarea? but this would most likely drive up power requirements and costs to run. anyone for reversing the client server and mod in order to patch in a fix? :binTot:

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
AGORA MAIL - QUICK PROJECT
If you haven't already, take the time to add a mailbox somewhere in the front of your property by the nearest road or path. It takes 2 seconds and adds a lot of charm and lets us send mail to each other. I just made up my address but maybe in the future we can name the roads and create actual addresses.

mailbox.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I needed brown wood for my house and we don't have a pine forest on the island so I journeyed out super far and came back with some saplings. Now there's a pine forest on the coast near my house you're all free to use.

2024-05-07_00.03.24.png
2024-05-07_01.10.39.png
2024-05-07_23.04.25.png
2024-05-07_23.14.38.png

I also finished the outside of my house. I just have to clean up the property now and add an interior.

2024-05-07_22.17.57.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
Not sure if you guys'd be interested but it might be a good idea to set up times where we all get on the server at once, sort've like the Frag Nights I run. Often when I go on I'm the only one and it would be cool to play with you all. I already have a mumble server we could use for VC. We'd just need to pick a time and stuff. Maybe we could call them Block Parties.

Virtual Cafe Awards

selfKaiHarness

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure if you guys'd be interested but it might be a good idea to set up times where we all get on the server at once, sort've like the Frag Nights I run. Often when I go on I'm the only one and it would be cool to play with you all. I already have a mumble server we could use for VC. We'd just need to pick a time and stuff. Maybe we could call them Block Parties.
yo count me in on this idea.
i think it's amazing idea to host block parties on the server.
could be used as like birthday parties for any occasion in the server, etc.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
yo count me in on this idea.
i think it's amazing idea to host block parties on the server.
could be used as like birthday parties for any occasion in the server, etc.
I was just using that as a name cuz I thought the pun was funny. What I'm suggesting is a regular game night time once a week or so when we all log in.

Virtual Cafe Awards