What games have you been playing lately?

Blasphemy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I have been mostly playing Assassins Creed Valhalla. As an assassins creed game I love the addition to the universe lore, however the movement and parkour needs to be updated. As for the viking combat it could be better. By far the story and exploration is much more interesting tho!
I used to play that game, but after a while it just got so repetitive and boring i stopped playing. How far are you in the game right now?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Slightly

ǝuᴉlɟɟo
Reaction score
Awards
I've been playing Kentucky Route Zero and the original Broken Sword. First one. I've seen there's a load of new point and click adventure games but most of them feel a bit unserious.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
bought a switch. breath of the wild is just dominating all my play-time, even though I ended up buying some other games too
I feel weird that I didn't really ever get into BotW. I'm going to give it another shot before 2 comes out but for some reason on my first taste it didn't do it for me (played about 30 minutes and never turned it on again). I think it might just be because I only have a Switch Lite so the game feels a bit claustrophobic on the small screen and I'm missing out on how breathtaking it is on a TV.

On that though I've been playing through the rerelease of Skyward Sword and a bit of Pokemon Unite. I feel scummy saying both those games because of SS being a bit of an overpriced cash grab and Unite being very close to P2W garbage, if not overstepping the line. When I'm done with SS will be picking up the new TWEWY game, have long awaited it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

longnostrals

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I just finished playing Fallout 4 and started playing 3 again. I know they're kinda jank, but I just love the universe that they're set in. I wish I could get myself to finish 1 and 2, but I just can't seem to get invested in that type of gameplay.
please give New Vegas ago if you haven't already. if your on pc there are a few great mods out there, but still grand without.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I feel weird that I didn't really ever get into BotW. I'm going to give it another shot before 2 comes out but for some reason on my first taste it didn't do it for me (played about 30 minutes and never turned it on again). I think it might just be because I only have a Switch Lite so the game feels a bit claustrophobic on the small screen and I'm missing out on how breathtaking it is on a TV.

On that though I've been playing through the rerelease of Skyward Sword and a bit of Pokemon Unite. I feel scummy saying both those games because of SS being a bit of an overpriced cash grab and Unite being very close to P2W garbage, if not overstepping the line. When I'm done with SS will be picking up the new TWEWY game, have long awaited it.
30 mins is not enough time. like any game, you have to pass that beginning tutorial stuff. once you get that out of the way, the game is anything but claustrophic. you can follow the story objectives, which are cool in their own right, or you can just say fuck it and just go around looking for treasure and killing enemies and shit. everything in the game is fun, I've never come across anything in the game where it's like "oh jeez, not this crap"

it isn't FLAWLESS though. the overworld is a bit barren, a lot of the side quests have pointless rewards (but doing them is still fun even if the person only gives you 20 rupees).

I would highly recommend giving it another shot, even with a Lite.

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
30 mins is not enough time. like any game, you have to pass that beginning tutorial stuff. once you get that out of the way, the game is anything but claustrophic. you can follow the story objectives, which are cool in their own right, or you can just say fuck it and just go around looking for treasure and killing enemies and shit. everything in the game is fun, I've never come across anything in the game where it's like "oh jeez, not this crap"

it isn't FLAWLESS though. the overworld is a bit barren, a lot of the side quests have pointless rewards (but doing them is still fun even if the person only gives you 20 rupees).

I would highly recommend giving it another shot, even with a Lite.
Yeah I'm sure the game is good, I just had no motivation to play it and never had an actionable desire to come back to if that makes sense.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Yeah I'm sure the game is good, I just had no motivation to play it and never had an actionable desire to come back to if that makes sense.
Not gunna lie, the tutorial section of BotW actually really sucks

My girlfriend "gave" me her Switch because she wasn't using it. She had BotW kicking around for some reason, so I borrowed it and began playing through. I loved it. I sank so many hours into it

Then, she took her Switch back to play one of her games, but she got me a Switch for...Valentine's Day? Or maybe it was my birthday. In any case, we learned the hard way that there's really no great way to transfer saves between consoles, and there doesn't seem to be any way to transfer individual saves. She also got me my own copy of BotW!

Anyways, I boot it up and decide to give it a shot. Man, that tutorial section is ass. It's so goddamn slow and really unclear about what it wants you to do or where it wants you to go. It's just a total slog. In my opinion, they needed to remove the "randomness" and just have a clearly linear tutorial section without any exploration whatsoever. Instead, you explore this shitty little sliver of the world, and you don't even have your glider yet, so you're missing out on objectively the coolest mechanic of the game while you get frustrated over what the hell you're even supposed to do. I stopped playing soon thereafter; I just didn't want to have to re-do everything I already did. One saving grace though -- on my new save, after the tutorial section, I encountered "quest" after "quest" and area after area that I didn't even see or explore originally. I thought I had sunk a ton of time into that game, but it somehow stayed fresh through all that. Either way, I didn't and don't have the patience to replay what I already have :)

edit -- I didn't see your Switch Lite comment until now. I can't stand playing any "console" game on such a small screen, and BotW is no exception. Something like Link's Awakening maybe, but god damn Nintendo really wanted to squeeze every possible cent out of that remake. I played the original when it first came out, and there was no way I was dropping that much money on a remake when I could just buy the original for less (or finally pull the trigger and mod one of my Switches :p)

On the topic of this thread specifically, I went to post here the other day but I don't think I ever did. I have been playing an absurd amount of Dead by Daylight lately. I suck at it, too, but I just keep coming back. It keeps dragging me away from doing anything productive, like getting our house put together or working on new music -- and I have some tracks that I find promising, but I just want to play DBD instead!

Virtual Cafe Awards
I finished the first half of the Sacred or some shit. I surely did some shit that didn't even render properly. I feel unsatisfied in life, i feel drained and i think i might get radicalised about farming revelation by the wood elf. I want to play something else to heal my trauma and (hopefully) regain my braincells lost because of the retarded controlls and the item system in Sacred.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Just been playing battlefield 4 with the group before the new battlefield comes out. every once in a while we play red dead as well to be cowboys
Based, I play Battlefield 1 mostly. I like the realism of being in a unit and healing my men

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z-1227

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I used to play that game, but after a while it just got so repetitive and boring i stopped playing. How far are you in the game right now?
I'm much more cynical of the game now i'm afraid. I can clearly say that this might have been one of my worse video game experiences ever. I now know that this assassin's creed clearly does not have the assassin stuff that I care about. The modern day seemed fairly interesting but I just wish they didn't have to go and try to make the isu identical to the ancient mythology

Virtual Cafe Awards
I've been playing GTA Online with my friends. Doing heists is pretty fun.

I came into possession of a modded xbox classic recently, so I'm emularing up the wazoo as well.

Also, SCP Secret Laboratory. I don't know how a game this fun is allowed to exist.

Virtual Cafe Awards