Agora Road Travelogue (January '24)

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Welcome to the 6th mensual Agora Road Travelogue!
Initially inspired by the Bring Back Blogging movement, this is an Agora Road version to encourage y'all to WRITE STUFF!
  1. Commit to writing 2 blog posts in this month of January.
  2. Indicate, in some way, that you are participating in the Travelogue on the blog post you are submitting.
  3. Upon publishing your post, you must comment in this thread your 1) Article's title 2) Link to article.
  4. Consider joining ZinRicky's RSS feed like a baws
Q: What if I don't have a website to publish on?
A: Feel free to submit blog posts here on the forum. But its BIGLY encouraged to make one! It's not too hard to start, don't let perfect get in the way of good, let your crude initial aesthetic be, let your content shine. The Personal Web thread may be able to point you in the right direction.

Q: Am I limited to 2 posts?
A: No, but you will need to submit at least 2 otherwise you're a poser and will be publicly shamed

Q: Any restrictions on content?
A: Other than the content being one's own, no, but please do not abuse this.

Thank you to all who participate, write away!

Previous Threads: August '23 | September '23 | October '23 | November '23 | December '23

Prior Participants: @Voicedrew | @Some_porcupine | @RisingThumb | @andreixyz | @shrapnelnet | @HammerKoopa | @whiteVHS | @imacop | @grap | @Jade | @no_chill | @microbyte | @agoratoad

Helpful Articles: reasons to write and publish | How I approach crafting a blog post | Blog about what you want | Some blogging myths

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Reasons to Blog

#1 32BITMAS (Deadline: January 10th)
The 32-Bit Cafe ( @xandra ) has become inspired (in-part) by IndieWeb Carnival and is running its own. Its official theme is "Reflect on 2023 and/or what's to come" But this event is NOT exclusively blog related and I encourage you to look through its numerous avenues for participation as I think quite of few of them would qualify for a Travelogue post!

#2 basement community's birthday bonanza! (Deadline: January 15th)
Leftover from last month, write 1 post around the theme "Internet Usage" and get a chance at $50 clams, yo! @agoratoad (basically) paying you to write. You would have to join basement community and make a post there to enter, but it's a great forum and I cannot vouch for it enough. This would also count as one of your Travelogue posts!

#3 IndieWeb Carnival (Deadline: February 1st)
None other than yours truly is the host for the month: January 2024 - Positive Internalization. Just like the Travelogue, you don't need a blog to participate! Follow the theme, get it to me and I'll publish it at the end of the month in the roundup post.

#4 Y2K Quarterly (Deadline: Tail end of Q1 '24)
This independent literary magazine is looking for submissions that are set, reflect upon, or remind of the early 2000's (1997-2007). They accept all types of fiction, poetry, non-fiction, essay, art, etc. as long as it is 1999 words or less. Multiple submissions allowed!

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

imacop

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Part of my struggle with blogging is categorization. Is this a blog article? Where does the blog belong? Do I use a subdomain, i.e. blog.maskedwallaby.com, or do I just make my base domain my blog because even though I'd like to do something with it, I'm not? Do I combine my sites into a web ring? Should this be just a private journal post in my writing program of choice, or is it share-worthy? Can't it just live as a post on a forum where people can comment? Argh!

Zines are a pretty cool thing, and I wonder if a collaborative online web zine would be something more interesting to make. (How? Don't know. Probably WordPress DKFail )

Maybe this should be a blog post, lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

imacop

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
ZEEEEEEENZ
1.jpeg
2.jpeg

3.jpeg
4.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards

microbyte

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
microbyte.neocities.org
Zines are a pretty cool thing, and I wonder if a collaborative online web zine would be something more interesting to make. (How? Don't know. Probably WordPress DKFail )
Agoraroad already has an ezine, it's not quite like an actual one, but it's still a zine. Lainchan also has one. And for a more graphical one you could prob use git + hugo.
Part of my struggle with blogging is categorization. Is this a blog article? Where does the blog belong?
The way I view it, the less meta stuff you think about when writing, the better it is. Don't think about it being a blog post, just think about writing something about something, and not the people seeing it. (At least that's what works for me).

shrapnelnet

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
blog.shr4pnel.com
Welcome to the 6th mensual Agora Road Travelogue!
Initially inspired by the Bring Back Blogging movement, this is an Agora Road version to encourage y'all to WRITE STUFF!
  1. Commit to writing 2 blog posts in this month of January.
  2. Indicate, in some way, that you are participating in the Travelogue on the blog post you are submitting.
  3. Upon publishing your post, you must comment in this thread your 1) Article's title 2) Link to article.
  4. Consider joining ZinRicky's RSS feed like a baws
Q: What if I don't have a website to publish on?
A: Feel free to submit blog posts here on the forum. But its BIGLY encouraged to make one! It's not too hard to start, don't let perfect get in the way of good, let your crude initial aesthetic be, let your content shine. The Personal Web thread may be able to point you in the right direction.

Q: Am I limited to 2 posts?
A: No, but you will need to submit at least 2 otherwise you're a poser and will be publicly shamed

Q: Any restrictions on content?
A: Other than the content being one's own, no, but please do not abuse this.

Thank you to all who participate, write away!

Previous Threads: August '23 | September '23 | October '23 | November '23 | December '23

Prior Participants: @Voicedrew | @Some_porcupine | @RisingThumb | @andreixyz | @shrapnelnet | @HammerKoopa | @whiteVHS | @imacop | @grap | @Jade | @no_chill | @microbyte | @agoratoad

Helpful Articles: reasons to write and publish | How I approach crafting a blog post | Blog about what you want | Some blogging myths
would like to apologise for my lack of participation these last through! i've been having a tough time on some new medication. i hope to be back writing soon!

site briefly went down today, let me know if it's back up!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
would like to apologise for my lack of participation these last through! i've been having a tough time on some new medication. i hope to be back writing soon!

site briefly went down today, let me know if it's back up!
Your site works for me!
And no stress, fren. When you have the time :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

shrapnelnet

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
blog.shr4pnel.com
Your site works for me!
And no stress, fren. When you have the time :)
had to migrate away from google platform after they decided to bill me £21 for like.... 20 visitors a day. thanks google! Hosted on railway for now, hoping egress will stay low so i can host on free credits. any suggestions for free/cheap docker hosting?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

andreixyz

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
andrei.xyz
Part of my struggle with blogging is categorization.
I had this particular issue too. That's why I broke my content into various sections, where content is of a certain type, be it music records, movies, or articles. I also made a "quickies" section which is something like a twitter feed or facebook wall, but without the toxicity, where I post more often and lower-effort content.

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
Part of my struggle with blogging is categorization. Is this a blog article? Where does the blog belong? Do I use a subdomain, i.e. blog.maskedwallaby.com, or do I just make my base domain my blog because even though I'd like to do something with it, I'm not?
I solved this issue by going full zoomer: everything is in the blog, everything gets tags for easier discovery.
Can't it just live as a post on a forum where people can comment?
You can always adopt the POSSE strategy.

By the way, count me in! My first entry is Kate Bush — "The Kick Inside" (1979), i.e. an excuse to test my headphones.

Virtual Cafe Awards
4/1/24, 4/16, Beware the "Aquarius"
(Agora road traveloque Query)

I tend to repeat myself nowadays in these blogs.
My mind is one big broken record. Even these first sentences aren't what I wanted to tell (you). But you, as my avid readers, are totally used and oblivious to this at this point; if I am pretty sure. Let's go to the point!
You see, I've been through some things through my life. Little Shit-Life Syndrome... Parents from past; (2) centuries it seems, sister that is better "man" I am, "pussy father"(*) (own shit); me being shit and not (being) to the point, (me) having slow/long uptaking at clues,
- being "edgy" as way to cope with not being seen by peers and vice versa, - plus, afraid to be average. Life and school starts. Jobs and etcetera. Experiences full of misunderstandings; And, me being a doormat, - Goody two shoes... (See?! I whine already...!)
Can (and did) indeed one go crazy... You know these - Pro Russian conspirators and Trumpsters... - e.g.,
View: https://twitter.com/HonzaPalicka/status/1742638166996111377
. But me on the other hand, don't believe anyone and anything; as they do believe Opposition, for purpose to be "Special", "Right!"...
(*) No male role models. Mother, sister "could", but as they are (as if) great at this, it is more of principles thing; woman brain "just" works in different way than male one. No fights, "no balls", no "need for blood"...
/ Where are those kiddie days where I was able to be happy? No. I am just waiting, I "can't" play if there are no means, no ends to win. (# in my Asuka era.) At... anything! Cyberpunk technocrats don't allow any room for free will... (Where to hide?)
// And I just want to! Make myself this kid again, - who felt last time: - being too stuck-up, nosey, arrogant, " important", "too good" for others... Lost/head in clouds; "aftergifted"... - e.g. https://twitter.com/search?q=aftergifted&src=typed_query

Virtual Cafe Awards