The zoomers are getting drafted. What happens?

myrriad

gas stove cook
Reaction score
Awards
Website
freckleskies.net
This is the main issue lol. Can we realistically expect most zoomers, the generation willing to ban free speech to avoid hurting feelings? The misgendering causes PTSD generation, to be willing to die in a warzone. What reasons do they even have to die for? Maybe if you tell them Russia/China will ban onlyfans and state-enforced pronouns or something.
i wonder how many zoomers are actually like that and how much is just internet echochamber noise. i know this isn't some groundbreaking question or whatever but i don't use social media (and the little of it i interact with is curated to be just stuff related to my direct interests) and irl i also don't interact with zoomers nearly at all. in the rare occasions i do cross paths with one, be it siblings of friends, highschoolers we'll rarely take as week-long interns at work, etc, they come across very much like normal, put together kids their age, not some pronoun neogender obsessed drone like the little i see about them makes them out to be -- like this thread makes them out to be too

yeah i don't expect them to be war ready but who is lol. don't forget how every generation thought the following one was made up of a bunch of sissies, but most turn out just fine, you just don't hear of the decent ones because, well, why would you?
People forget that not all (I'd argue most) previously drafted veterans didn't go in tough as nails. Many were molded by their training and experiences to be the strong men they were at the end of it. If the Zoomers are drafted, which would be a tragedy as it always is, they'll nut the fuck up either at boot camp or after their first skirmish.
probably the most competent and down to earth answer in the thread

Virtual Cafe Awards

imnotdeadyet

Pseudoanonymized internet husk
Reaction score
Awards
Website
downbytheseaside.neocities.org
Every soldier will have access to smartphones and the internet, no matter how hard the military tries to control access. The videos coming out of Ukraine give an idea of what we can expect. Missile strikes set to viral phonk remixes. TikTok clips showing enemy prisoners being tortured. Drone footage with groups of combatants highlighted and labelled on the battlefield like units in a video game. Video from a smart bomb's targeting camera that's high-res enough to show the look of shock on the victim's face seconds before he's blown to bits. Captured GoPro footage that allows the viewer, for the first time in history, to experience first-hand what it feels like to be gunned down in a muddy ditch by someone you can't see.
I've been thinking about this for a while. Imagine shit hits the fan and it ends badly. In your dying moments you see the enemy or God forbid your comrades recording you and your last moments are saved and put up on the internet for the luckier population to gawk at and make tasteless comments. And then after a few years you get put into one of those "aesthetic" war montages set to depressing Russian music or one of those "bad-ass" ones with the "epic" cowbell phonk music. It's already happening with YouTube and dedicated subreddits. During a war you can't even die right, especially in modern times. Not sure if I'm horrified or disgusted thinking about this

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
i wonder how many zoomers are actually like that and how much is just internet echochamber noise.
A lot of it is echo chamber shit seeping in from the MSM pinning a decreasing standard of living for youth on them and the boomers that worship this form of coping.

If we had TikTok/Twitter in the 60s 70s 80s etc you'd see just as many freaks/lolcows online as you do now, I mean just imagine how weird and obnoxious the 60s hippies would've been online back then, they would've put kpop stans to shame with Beatlesmania and virtue signaling...all that's changed is that these types are more visible/vocal minority and it's a commonly used tactic to highlight certain ones to demonize whatever ideology they fall into.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i wonder how many zoomers are actually like that and how much is just internet echochamber noise.
You're not wrong to ask the question. On the topic of generational psychology or mental fortitude I'm not sure it's even possible to get a a real answer because it's the loudest people who are mentally weakest, and as others have pointed out people historically have been able to stand up in the face of adversity and tackle the problem at hand. BUT one thing we can say for certain is that in any given year for the past few decades, 18 year olds are more unhealthy than the 18 year olds of the year before. If a draft were to actually be instated, I would not be at all surprised if there were pre-basic training programs set up to basically force people to lose weight before going to actual basic. In the years 2017-2020, 22.2% of 12-19 year olds were obese. Obese! Meaning that's not even counting the fat and generally out of shape kids that don't meet clinical definitions of obese. I also can't imagine how the pandemic would have made that situation any better.

Even if zoomers could manage to muster the courage needed to go to battle (which I personally believe is a huge "if"), demographically they are so physically weak and unhealthy that we'd still be severely lacking in manpower.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I actually tried to join the army back when i was 18, but i got rejected due to failing the psychological test, Man, i can't wait to being drafted and put one of these stickers on my AR, just imagine the reaction of those ruskies knowing they catched a bullet from the mokou AR.
1691532020370.png

Those are gonna be the most hilarious 60 seconds before a bullet hits my throat and i will bleed to death on the ground like a fucking dog. PepSiDawgwitcan

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
People forget that not all (I'd argue most) previously drafted veterans didn't go in tough as nails. Many were molded by their training and experiences to be the strong men they were at the end of it. If the Zoomers are drafted, which would be a tragedy as it always is, they'll nut the fuck up either at boot camp or after their first skirmish.
1691532357348.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

sleepwalker

Rogue 0f Blo0d
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
nhkhq.neocities.org
Even if zoomers could manage to muster the courage needed to go to battle (which I personally believe is a huge "if"), demographically they are so physically weak and unhealthy that we'd still be severely lacking in manpower.
I would like to point out that America has a very real, and very visible domestic terrorism problem. Always carried out by some of the most docile and harmless looking Melvin's.

Elliot Roger was a pathetic loser and he was able to muster the hate within himself to try mass murder (granted he failed, but the dead piled up anyways). One more recent shooter had articles stating she looked like a little girl holding a rifle as she killed. Yeah sure some people live their lives on twitter and want a nanny state with full censorship, but normies (which is the majority) still think getting buff is how you get chicks, and don't revolve their life around their phone, they merely use it to get to those they care about. The problem of ultra-sensitive left wing stuff isn't even that big of a deal because the closer you get to Generation Alpha the more they rebel against that and it shows no sign of slowing down.

If anything the constant cynicism and desensitization to just about every taboo subject, will probably make it easier not harder to muster the courage. Physical fitness is true, but its more so that prior generations made unhealthier foods/diets and then blamed their own children for it. Obesity rates aren't even constant over age groups, the fattest and laziest ones are the old generations who stopped taking care of themselves.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Polonius

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Well, they'd probably grow to resent the members of older generations that support the war hashtag:SaveUkraine style. Gov. would probably spout the old lines about 'protecting democracy' and 'freedom' and whatnot, though with the added emphasis of this-or-that 'oppressed groups' in 'x nation.' With a lack of traditional American culture behind them, Gen Z'ers immersed in the propaganda, both official and popular, I don't know, you could end up seeing even more 'big state' types expecting the government to lead in all things, or to solve problems, or what have you.

Whoever the enemy is will surely be 'worse than Hitler,' a 'white supremacist' (if European) and almost certainly 'fascist and far-right,' further demonizing the 'right' at the homefront, who may well be a vocal opponent of the war, but probably with a fair amount of support for it, due to neocons and other 'American imperialists' as they could be termed. Probably getting a little off topic, focusing too much on the propaganda, etc. but it's an interesting, though pretty depressing, idea to consider.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yuiui

Internet degenerate
Reaction score
Awards
Website
yuiui.moe
i wonder how many zoomers are actually like that and how much is just internet echochamber noise. i know this isn't some groundbreaking question or whatever but i don't use social media (and the little of it i interact with is curated to be just stuff related to my direct interests) and irl i also don't interact with zoomers nearly at all. in the rare occasions i do cross paths with one, be it siblings of friends, highschoolers we'll rarely take as week-long interns at work, etc, they come across very much like normal, put together kids their age, not some pronoun neogender obsessed drone like the little i see about them makes them out to be -- like this thread makes them out to be too
While it is true that not every zoomer is like that, I've experienced many people that are litteraly the meme but irl. And it's really cringe. It's especially lots of woman from my experience and I always try my best to not start laughing at them explaining how they are actually identifying as whatever the fuck is trendy that month and that they have 100 mental issues just to 3 months later come back and say that that was a "phase hehe" and that they now feel like a normal woman again or whatever the fuck.
And they even want to try and convince you that you're gay/bi or whatever the fuck. You can litterally just stand still and they'll be like "uhh that's behavior that's very typical of bi people maybe you're bi" and I just try my hardest to not just get fucking mad at their stupid logic. You can't even argue with them because they're so self centered and convinced that they must 100% be right and they "don't need sources" because they've seen it themselves.
It's just cringe.

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Zoomer here, I feel that there are some things that will 100% happen:
  • A lot of draft dodge, but I think that it could vary depending on the government. It's kinda obvious that most zoomers would doge if someone like Trump is in charge rather than someone like Biden.
  • Kinda obvious, but planes, bases, vehicled, etc, will have as decoration/paint things that are popular between zoomers (who could have guessed). Anime girls, album covers, and the most important of all, pride flags. I would never put one in a plane or tank, not because of my views, rather because how do I know some enemy soldiers that hate LGBT people aren't gonna try to kill me or make me suffer more than the average soldier when they see that flag?
  • Commercialization and mass-sharing of the horrors of war. The internet would be full of not only propaganda (I can easily see some corps doing "heroic" inspiration, like the "Han Solo Avatar Harry Potter" tweet about Ukraine NATO did), but videos and live content showcasing what's going on in the fronts (we could even see a resurgence in shock content), but a lot of phonk/Little Dark Age edits, memes, and maybe a great internet culture division between those who support the war and those who don't. Also, military kids would learn that war is actually an horrific meat grinder and not their "infinite respawn phonk little dark age edit" paradise. Plus political internet ramifications that are impossible to predict (who can assure you that Landian xenofeminists wouldn't gain massive popularity after a string of events caused by the war?)
Whatever would happen it's difficult to predict. However, Gen Z would probably act in war like every other generation. Zoomers aren't as much of a "lost generation" as people make it, and everyone is equal in war.
We all die, and we all fight.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Polonius

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
(I can easily see some corps doing "heroic" inspiration, like the "Han Solo Avatar Harry Potter" tweet about Ukraine NATO did)
Man, that tweet hit levels of cringe previously unknown to mankind.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Zoomer here, I feel that there are some things that will 100% happen:
  • A lot of draft dodge, but I think that it could vary depending on the government. It's kinda obvious that most zoomers would doge if someone like Trump is in charge rather than someone like Biden.
  • Kinda obvious, but planes, bases, vehicled, etc, will have as decoration/paint things that are popular between zoomers (who could have guessed). Anime girls, album covers, and the most important of all, pride flags. I would never put one in a plane or tank, not because of my views, rather because how do I know some enemy soldiers that hate LGBT people aren't gonna try to kill me or make me suffer more than the average soldier when they see that flag?
  • Commercialization and mass-sharing of the horrors of war. The internet would be full of not only propaganda (I can easily see some corps doing "heroic" inspiration, like the "Han Solo Avatar Harry Potter" tweet about Ukraine NATO did), but videos and live content showcasing what's going on in the fronts (we could even see a resurgence in shock content), but a lot of phonk/Little Dark Age edits, memes, and maybe a great internet culture division between those who support the war and those who don't. Also, military kids would learn that war is actually an horrific meat grinder and not their "infinite respawn phonk little dark age edit" paradise. Plus political internet ramifications that are impossible to predict (who can assure you that Landian xenofeminists wouldn't gain massive popularity after a string of events caused by the war?)
Whatever would happen it's difficult to predict. However, Gen Z would probably act in war like every other generation. Zoomers aren't as much of a "lost generation" as people make it, and everyone is equal in war.
We all die, and we all fight.
1694128472440.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Fairykang

Cybernetic Esotericist
Reaction score
Awards
Going off of what Orlando Smooth said, Generation Z has a very large percentage that are obese. Over half of them have some form of chronic illness and they have a large amount of psychiatric illnesses. None of that is inherently their fault, but it means the majority of them are not even going to qualify for service in the first place.

Virtual Cafe Awards
(we could even see a resurgence in shock content)
Already happened. You'll see a bunch of vids/ gifs nowadays mostly from the Russo-Ukrainian War.

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Already happened. You'll see a bunch of vids/ gifs nowadays mostly from the Russo-Ukrainian War.
Even more. Who knows, maybe a succesor to LiveLeak gains massive popularity.

Virtual Cafe Awards