We don't value information enough

Voicedrew

Take the monarchy pill anon
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
voicedrew.xyz
I'd just like to say I disagree. Most information is useless and actually degrades the quality of our lives. Think about all the white girls right now that have their panties in a twist over Palestine. They know about the conflict, but are individually (and collectively) powerless over it. It would fall into Ted K's 3rd category of goal; the impossible, which continuously frustrates.

EDIT: Good information is sought, and rarely received.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I'd just like to say I disagree. Most information is useless and actually degrades the quality of our lives. Think about all the white girls right now that have their panties in a twist over Palestine. They know about the conflict, but are individually (and collectively) powerless over it. It would fall into Ted K's 3rd category of goal; the impossible, which continuously frustrates.

EDIT: Good information is sought, and rarely received.
Distractions
If we knew what we can do instead of what we can't
But instead, we have lofty goals over the ones that seem stupid simple to us

We see splinter in brother's eye but not plank "this is not about me!" in our own eye

It reminds me of
Stupid people don't think and smart people are full of doubts
(Or so)

Virtual Cafe Awards
Since the thread's been bumped, I'll contribute some more.
This article is an observation from all the way back in 2008 about how the Internet was shortening attention spans.
A more in depth exploration of the topic was the book "The Shallows" by Nicholas Carr.
Basically, it was observed that the way the Internet was used at the time(following hyperlinks) was having a profound effect on everyone's neuroplasticity.

I'd be very interested to see if there's been more investigation on how that effect has changed in Web 2.0.
https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...ving-forever-or-for-some-time.6382/post-98420.

This too

Virtual Cafe Awards