Israel-Hamas War thread, has the powder keg exploded?

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
Hello travelers,

If you are unaware, the terrorist group Hamas which is backed by Iran has attacked Israel with 5,000 missiles as of 1 AM EST, Oct. 7, 2023.
Israel has declared war. Seeing as they are an ally of the United States, this may be the powder keg that erupts WWIII.
Here are some updates, please post your own updates in this thread.

NEWS:
Israel declares state of war. 5000 missiles fired by Hamas.
Netanyahu speaks to Israeli citizens. The revenge will be unprecedented.
'We are being slaughtered.' Hamas terrorists break into Israeli private homes.
Biden's Office of Palestinian Affairs urges Israel NOT to defend itself against Hamas attack—then deletes post.
70 Israelis dead, hostages taken. Israel vows revenge.
How world leaders are reacting.
Iran congratulates Hamas terrorists. Parliament chants 'death to Israel.'

Hamas releases two American hostages.
U.S. Navy warship shoots down multiple missiles.
Chief of Hamas Military killed in Israeli airstrike.
White House considers U.S. military response if Hezbollah attacks Israel.

LIVE UPDATES:
ABC: Live updates | Hamas frees 2 American hostages, even as Israel airstrikes continue in southern Gaza
CNN: Israel-Hamas war rages as Gaza awaits aid in worsening conditions
ALJAZEERA: Israel-Gaza war in maps and charts: Live Tracker
PBS: Live updates: What's happening on Day 12 of the Israel-Hamas war
TOI: Sirens, booms across Israel as Iran fires dozens of ballistic missiles, IDF intercepts

I think either both Russia and China or just Russia are allies with Iran. Let's see where this goes.
(Edit 1: for cleanness and to remove twitter embeds)
(Edit 2: fixed egregious typos and added a live blog)
(Edit 3: added bottom two articles)
(Edit 4: added more articles, removed old live updates, added new links for live updates)

1696694273103.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
This one ain't gonna start WWIII, Israel will just roflstomp the Palestinians and the western media will suddenly switch from "omg terrorists hurt Israel" to "omg Israel turbosploded the palestinians so sad ((((" while in actuality they don't give a shit about either side, just like you shouldn't.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
This one ain't gonna start WWIII, Israel will just roflstomp the Palestinians and the western media will suddenly switch from "omg terrorists hurt Israel" to "omg Israel turbosploded the palestinians so sad ((((" while in actuality they don't give a shit about either side, just like you shouldn't.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you. When the "greatest ally" of the US is attacked I don't see how this doesn't start WWIII. I hope I'm wrong.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I wish I could be as optimistic as you. When the "greatest ally" of the US is attacked I don't see how this doesn't start WWIII. I hope I'm wrong.
The reason I say this is because it's happened a bunch of times before, this is nothing particularly new and Israel's military is more than enough to turn the entire Gaza Strip to rubble if they actually wanted to.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Soloninja

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It is possible this will turn into a full blown war. I just seen it a ton of times before. Hamas rockets israel then israel will attack back. There is backlash because israel has a iron dome and hamas doesn't. This time is a little different because 5k rockets went through without iron dome being activity.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
It is possible this will turn into a full blown war. I just seen it a ton of times before. Hamas rockets israel then israel will attack back. There is backlash because israel has a iron dome and hamas doesn't. This time is a little different because 5k rockets went through without iron dome being activity.
I think it's more of an Israeli intelligence failure than it is Hamas somehow beating Iron Dome tho, they were just real slow to turn it on. If anything comes of this, it's more likely that Bibi will get put on blast by the Israeli public after the whole thing calms down.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
I think it's more of an Israeli intelligence failure than it is Hamas somehow beating Iron Dome tho, they were just real slow to turn it on. If anything comes of this, it's more likely that Bibi will get put on blast by the Israeli public after the whole thing calms down.
I've been thinking about this, how the hell did they not know this was coming? Don't they have some of the best intel in the world? Especially coming from someone they were already monitoring (Hamas). I'm not ready to say it's a FF operation or anything, just very weird.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Soloninja

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been thinking about this, how the hell did they not know this was coming? Don't they have some of the best intel in the world? Especially coming from someone they were already monitoring (Hamas). I'm not ready to say it's a FF operation or anything, just very weird.
Intelligence failure for sure. Could be they collect so much data that they were late to see it. Weird as hell

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Most likely outcome is the US raises taxes and launders even more money into Israel as a result of this

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
The reason I say this is because it's happened a bunch of times before, this is nothing particularly new and Israel's military is more than enough to turn the entire Gaza Strip to rubble if they actually wanted to.
This is what everyone was saying about Ukraine and we saw how that played out. The IDF isn't what it used to be. A good chunk of them don't want to fight and the command is in in disarray. Reality isn't as set as we like to think it is.

Most likely outcome is the US raises taxes and launders even more money into Israel as a result of this
8 billion already prepped to be sent by Biden lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
This is what everyone was saying about Ukraine and we saw how that played out. The IDF isn't what it used to be. A good chunk of them don't want to fight and the command is in in disarray. Reality isn't as set as we like to think it is.

Even better we just sent Iran 6 billion last week.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

I personally wouldn't mind watching Israel eat a fat one but given how small Gaza is physically I doubt it'd be anything like Ukraine. If Israel really wanted to end it I don't think they'd have any logistical problems carpetbombing the fuck outta them. Selling that to the world is a diff matter tho

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Even better we just sent Iran 6 billion last week.
58cfaff01d000014007cf485.png

I always find it humorous how adamant boomers in particular are about "no free handouts" "no student loan repayment" etc but then clap and cheer anytime we fire up the money printers for our "greatest ally."

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hello travelers,

If you are unaware, the terrorist group Hamas which is backed by Iran has attacked Israel with 5,000 missiles as of 1 AM EST, Oct. 7, 2023.
Israel has declared war. Seeing as they are an ally of the United States, this may be the powder keg that erupts WWIII.
Here are some updates, please post your own updates in this thread.

NEWS:
Israel declares state of war. 5000 missiles fired by Hamas.
Netanyahu speaks to Israeli citizens. The revenge will be unprecedented.
'We are being slaughtered.' Hamas terrorists break into Israeli private homes.
Biden's Office of Palestinian Affairs urges Israel NOT to defend itself against Hamas attack—then deletes post.
70 Israelis dead, hostages taken. Israel vows revenge.
How world leaders are reacting.
Iran congratulates Hamas terrorists. Parliament chants 'death to Israel.'

LIVE UPDATES:
Israel at war: 150 killed in Hamas assault, hostages taken to Gaza, rockets on Tel Aviv.

I think either both Russia and China or just Russia are allies with Iran. Let's see where this goes.
(Edit 1: for cleanness and to remove twitter embeds)
(Edit 2: fixed egregious typos and added a live blog)
(Edit 3: added bottom two articles)

View attachment 76998
GTA V CONFIRMED
1696717733981.png

1696717824933.png

1696717767884.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

vvwvv

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The 6 Bil to Iran was to encourage this Hamas attack.
Isreal has been pissing on the world-stage by brutalizing the Palestinian people for decades.
US can hedge their bets, either they get to keep the Middle East weak which is crucial.
Let IDF fight it out on their own for a bit, if they pubstomp ykno good job isreal
If its stalemate like Ukraine, money and weapons can be trickled in to keep an excellent proxy-v-proxy forever war weakening the whole region.
If Hamas starts to own than the US can get a less thorny Isreal and then pubstomp Hamas.

US wins anyway this goes. I think the supply shortages for Ukraine are mostly feigned to prepare for "cant send you any guns right now Isreal you'll have to wait a week hope you do okay :^)"

Most likely outcome: Isreal gets to pummel Gaza and Palestine to the ground and re-settle them completely.
Outcome I want: Freed Palestine

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy56Q1a0Flc

I noticed that right wing media outlets talk a lot on how terrible the Isreal attack is and how important direct US support is necessary, while left wing outlets focus more on the Ukranian war and keep % of Isreal air-time / article space relatively low

Last edited:

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'm calling it now against all odds israel will lose spectacularly. It's hard to explain in 1 post but if you follow things on the ground in Arabic it's easier to get the position they're in. Egypt is feigning neutrality but have struck a deal with Hamas in exchange for the removal of muslim brotherhood elements in their ranks. Hezbollah is joining in now from the north. The Israeli military itself is weaker than ever with a docile citizen base to pull from.

Israel is in a bind on many levels. It really isn't as set as people think. Everyone forgets they got BTFO when they invaded Lebanon and that was almost 20 years ago now. With the US focus split between this and Ukraine and a potential Taiwan invasion, the tides can easily turn in favor of Palestine.

Virtual Cafe Awards