Current Thing meme analysis and research

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
May I suggest:
>yes or no
>agora road social medias (facebook, twitter, youtube etc.)
>pirate shilling on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and nairaland
>pregnant agora-chan
>melon
I will keep adding to this lmao.

Furry Road and bronies.
Jesuits
Bots on Agora Road
Cult of Ankha.
Illuminati Pirate is an actual member of the illuminati.
Agoraroad is a psyop.

Perhaps we should make an iceberg thread lol, then have an AI narrate the iceberg.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
This thread is blowing up faster than the brony thread. Kinda epic.
And am I glad for that. I came to this place for philosophical posts, and this thread has so far been one of the best in that regard.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I will keep adding to this lmao.

Furry Road and bronies.
Jesuits
Bots on Agora Road
Cult of Ankha.
Illuminati Pirate is an actual member of the illuminati.
Agoraroad is a psyop.

Perhaps we should make an iceberg thread lol, then have an AI narrate the iceberg.
>agora toad
>ezine
>abandoned chats
>agora road writers club
>y2k underground
>silk road
>cult of agora-chan
>old names/users who changed names
>quake
>japan meetup

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
we need to make up some stuff that sounds really cool but never happened to put near the bottom as well
Agora Road secret underground Kabukicho club

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
And am I glad for that. I came to this place for philosophical posts, and this thread has so far been one of the best in that regard.
>Implying the MLP thread doesnt have deep philosophical debate too

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

While not all directly related to Agora, some of my favorites from an old iceberg video I made are:
>AIR book club (It's not happening)
>Trees
>Third coming of Christ browses /jp/
>Research [DO NOT RESEARCH]
>Internet Gnomes
>Jesus is a mushroom

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: UCD

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
While not all directly related to Agora, some of my favorites from an old iceberg video I made are:
>AIR book club (It's not happening)
>Trees
>Third coming of Christ browses /jp/
>Research [DO NOT RESEARCH]
>Internet Gnomes
>Jesus is a mushroom
The AIR book club is happening once we read Infinite Jest so soon (TM)

A bit off topic, but whats the meme trilogy VN equivalent of the lit meme trilogy? I know l@inishere has said people compare IJ with Subahibi, so what would be the GR and Ulysses of VNs?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
we need to make up some stuff that sounds really cool but never happened to put near the bottom as well
Winston Files Leak

Sounds ominous and important but means nothing

Virtual Cafe Awards

7-Eleven Spy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
To me these pictures call into question the idea of modern individuals on the internet only experiencing things secondhand. There is no feeling of "discovery" anymore. The internet isn't just some obscure place with weird characters anymore, yet everyone is "online" and so they pay lip-service to the internet culture that originated pre-2010. However, some of the things in the image definitely are post-2010, such as Rain World, which brings me back to the idea of experiencing things secondhand. I think there is a trend of people being "aware" of games but not playing them. Modern individuals find themselves being "aware of" Azumanga Daioh, but have they ever seen a full episode? Are they truly fans, or do they just like it because it was influential on internet culture in a time when a huge portion of the human population didn't have access to it?

Deleted member 4436

To me these pictures call into question the idea of modern individuals on the internet only experiencing things secondhand. There is no feeling of "discovery" anymore. The internet isn't just some obscure place with weird characters anymore, yet everyone is "online" and so they pay lip-service to the internet culture that originated pre-2010. However, some of the things in the image definitely are post-2010, such as Rain World, which brings me back to the idea of experiencing things secondhand. I think there is a trend of people being "aware" of games but not playing them. Modern individuals find themselves being "aware of" Azumanga Daioh, but have they ever seen a full episode? Are they truly fans, or do they just like it because it was influential on internet culture in a time when a huge portion of the human population didn't have access to it?
Yeah I've seen the term "secondary" thrown around a lot to describe the people who happen to fit into the scheme of the image. It's kinda fitting I think. @SomaSpice brought up how you shouldn't let what you consume consume you (and I hate that word so much btw), but there's a bit more to consider here. Truth is, a lot of the people who are seemingly defining their personality around these things haven't really even "consumed" them. I'm actually guilty of this myself, since I've gathered a reputation here as "the VN guy" among other things, even though there are at least 3 other users here who have read more visual novels than me I think. It is however not to the same level as you see on other sites. Since I don't use Tiktok (and apparently none of us here do) I can't say just how bad it is, but from osmosis I've gathered that it's the worst there.

T. Has watched Azumanga Daioh

a28.png

Last edited by a moderator:

wot

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Alright, I caved and added some stuff to the doc. Reverse image search really came in handy here. I was able to find out who some of these avatars belonged to, but it's not like I know who they actually are, so I just left their names in case anyone else is familiar. Stuff in italics and parentheses are requests for more info.

Virtual Cafe Awards